Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Go on, it won’t bite you!

January 5, 2011

sarkozy jet 490

Blog Guy, I heard a strange rumor about French President Nicolas Sarkozy.

My dentist, who actually knows some French people, told me Sarkozy has a deep-seated phobia of jet planes and won’t go near them. Could this be true?

FRANCE/I hear that a lot. Cripes, I don’t know how these crazy rumors get started.

To disprove this one once and for all, we took Sarkozy to a military base and actually had him touch a jet. Do you see? Are you satisfied now?

I guess so, but what is this other photo doing here?

I’m trying out some new software with my blogging tool which will automatically sort similar photos and put them together.

If it works, I won’t need Lamar any longer.

Well, I guess you can see your fancy new software is far from perfect, right?

Oh, I haven’t even installed it yet. This photo match WAS made by Lamar.

Top: France’s President Nicolas Sarkozy touches a Rafale fighter jet during his visit at the military base of Saint-Dizier, Eastern France, January 4, 2011. REUTERS/Jacques Brinon/Pool

Left: French yachtswoman Maud Fontenoy poses with France’s president Nicolas Sarkozy after she was awarded Chevalier of the French order of Merit during a ceremony at the Elysee Palace in Paris, July 12, 2007. REUTERS/Jean-Paul Pelissier

Comments

Steady now… dont get too excited… it picks up nerves, you know!

Nicolas, the boy, once grabbed a Barbie doll to rip off the head. He became distracted upon grasping the doll and hasn’t been the same since…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

The only comment I can make that won’t have Mr. Spam Filter come to my house personally to wash my mouth out with soap is the Rafale fighter is a nice shiny piece of jet aircraft!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Thanks, Ifly. Mr. Spam Filter came into my office just now and asked me personally to compliment you on your maturity.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Poor pres, this photo will haunt him forever :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Hey Nic! Be careful what you touch. Those things can go off on you! ;-)

@Onedoor … nice!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Why thank you Mr. B.

Could anyone imagine if K.I.T.T. technology became J.E.T.T. technology though? I think I would be wary of jets then also. Imagine if a J.E.T.T. was flying along one day and decided on a whim the landscape would be much improved if people weren’t walking all over it mucking it up. Sarkozy knows something we don’t and that’s why he is afraid.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

hehe…Madonna…

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

It seems to me that SHE is reaching for a pointy object, as well.

Posted by lceel | Report as abusive

Looks like Sarkozy just can’t get enough of those ample nacelles! (With a nod to Scotty in Star Trek)

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Dear old Nicky Tea-cosy, it’s not so much that he enjoys being made to feel a boob, it’s just that he has a bad mammory and has trouble keeping abreast of the issue at hand.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

What a cynical bunch we are! I have it on good authority that this particular world leader was simply demonstrating to the Sesame St. crowd that some things are more fun to touch than others.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Lady L may have something there. I did read an article (on another news service that shall go unnamed) that touching makes people healthier. Maybe Sarkozy is just a health nut?

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Nosmo, dont think he has a bad mammor.. umm.. memory… I just think he is drawn to them!

MUGS!

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

Sarabelle: Sweet!!!

Beware, as Woody Allen said “They usually travel in pairs!” Or in Sarkozy’s case, Paris.

Posted by KWest | Report as abusive

Jazz, if you read it on another news service it probably isn’t true.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive