Guess I need an intervention…

January 8, 2011

Blog Guy, can I work for your blog in some capacity?

CLINTON SCANDAL REPORTYou could be an interim intern.

May I ask some questions about the work?

Yes, I will answer your interim intern questions in turn.

What if you catch me stealing?

We will intern you. You will be an interned intern.

What if I stop moving while I’m interned?

If you’re inert, we will inter you.

Really? You inter inert interned interim interns?

Sure. Does interim interning interest you?

What sort of work is it?

Internet research. It’s an interim intern Internet job, unless you become an interred inert interned interim Internet intern.

USAI’ll take it. Who do you want me to do research on?

Pinter. Its an interim intern Pinter Internet job….

Left: Former White House intern Monica Lewinsky in a 1997 file photo. REUTERS/Defense Department/Handout

Right: Ordnance crew member handles an inert practice bomb on board the USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier in the Gulf, February 8, 2003. REUTERS/John Schults

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler and cabun, eBusiness BPO Inc.. eBusiness BPO Inc. said: Guess I need an intervention… http://bit.ly/feN0FN [...]

Pinter the political playwright and poet departed,
abssurdist annointed to Oddly Enough bloggers alerted.
Do not infer this is meant to inter,
Only to open the mind, not grave thoughts.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Can we send the intern out on a brief intermission to get coffee and doughnuts?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Abssurdist: one who straps a washboard over their stomach in an attempt to attain that rippled effect. Or someone who needs to check her spelling:)
I know I have a two pack…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Brilliant, all! :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Commentators, where is our compassion? Dear Onedoor uttered a cry for help, already admitting to spelling funny and still threatening to drink yet another two pack. Time for an internal internet intervention for blogger-blotto prevention.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

I have the smartest readers….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Reminds me of when the German sausage-maker, Herr Tings, grabbed a seagull and in a fit of pique, ground it up.

At that point, Tings really took a Tern for the wurst.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Just laughing!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Dear Mr. Basler:

Please consider this an application for the Pinter interim intership recently posted on the Oddly Enough Blog. As the enclosed resume shows, I have extensive experience in both Harold Pinter studies and internships.

In 1982, I delivered a paper on Pinter’s play “The Dumb Waiter” at the PLOTZ Association convention in Peoria, a paper which earned me an internship and, eventually, an adjunct instructorship at Peoria Community College, a position I have held until the present day.

In 1992, I met Harold Pinter while he was directing his play “Old Times” at the Royal Court Theatre. In an admittedly brief conversation in the alley adjacent to the Theatre, and in future court papers and proceedings, Pinter (or his attorneys) told me that I was a living embodiment of a number of his characters, including “A. Prick,” whom I take to be a character in one of Pinter’s unpublished plays.

Therefore, please ponder my application for the Pinter interim, internship. My position in Peoria, my present and past Pinter positions, and my paper at the PLOTZ convention should positively place me at top of your applicant postings.

Yours in Pinterland,

Dr. A. Doll

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

So you’re saying this is the Pinter of our discontent?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Dear Mr. Basler:

This is to follow up on my recent application for the Pinter interim internship. I believe you have had sufficent time to consider my application and to perceive the superiority of my credentials over all other applicants.

Sir, time is of the essence. My union has informed me that it can no longer protect my current position as an adjunct instructor at Peoria Community College.

I did note a punctuation error in the last paragraph of my letter of application. I hope that that paragraph’s, punctuation problem does not prohibit my application from going forward.

Still in Pinterland, Mr. Basler,

Dr. A. Doll

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Dear Mr. Basler:

Do you drive a car? Where do you live?

Dr. A. Doll

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

These are not all that far removed from actual application letters I have seen. My favorite one began as follows: “Although I present with a somewhat shocking appearance, that should not deter….” I wanted to interview the candidate just to see what the heck he was talking about.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

@DocDoll: A former boss once began an inter-office memo with this “sentence”:
“As you are probably aware from when you seen what I said before.”
The rest of the memo went downhill. Keep up the good work at Peoria.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Umm…. I think I should look up Pinter…
Doc, was the candidate really shocking? Or did he/she turn out to be really modest?

Dear Mr. Basler:

When do I start?

P.S. Do you have room for a roommate? We don’t take up much room.

Yours in Pinterland,

Dr. A. Doll

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Doc, I’m gonna need you to print everything out on that Pinter printer…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Is that an internal position for the interim intern?

==RED

Posted by REDruin | Report as abusive

It is an internal position for the winter season.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Dear Mr. Basler (Hey Roomie!):

This is no doubt an unintentional oversight on your part, but I haven’t heard anything from you regarding my application for the Pinter Interim Internet Intern position. (It’s been almost two days since I sent my application.) I am writing to request an advance on my salary, which I need to pay my exorcist before relocating. Otherwise, I might get repossessed.

Dr. A. Doll

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Yes well this is embarrassing, speaking of your exorcist, but our background checks have found that you are in trouble with the Catholic Church, which has tarred you with – guess what – an interdict.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Yes Spin, all of that stuff, inter alia…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Interdict? Ha! Ha!
I’m sorry, but that sounds like
Papal Bull to me.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Dear Bob!!!!!!!!!

We’re all packed!!!!!!! Security helped us clean out our office and pack our car. :) We just need the advance and your address. Still waiting! :/ We can talk about furniture and whatnot when we arrive. ;) We’ll have have a blast! :O We’ve been thinking. =[ We hope your furniture matches with ours. 8= Well, if not, we’ll find a buyer for yours. :( It’ll work out. ;/ If not, you shouldn’t have a hard time finding another place, eh? :(

YAY! Pinterland here we come!

A. Doll

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Gosh, Mr B, this is so exciting–Doc and his family moving in with you and all. I can just tell from his mega-punctuation and emotive smilies, this is going to be a happy time for everyone. Updates awaited, if not from you, then from the police.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Lady, second that!!
Or any of the emergency services…. maybe the new channel would catch something interesting…

Lady, since we’re roomies and all, we and Bob are now best friends, F O R E V E R!! Police? Why, I wouldn’t hurt a fly!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Dear Bob:

It looks as though I won’t need the Pinter internship after all. (Bummer!) I have been informed that Penn State is holding a place open for me, with housing and meals included. They said State Pen, but I know what they mean.

Love,

Doll

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Boy, it’s always hard to tell which blog items are going to attract interest…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive