I stick my neck out for nobody…

January 20, 2011

fashion no neck 490

Blog Guy, you’ve helped lots of people with unusual fashion needs, and I hope you can do something for me. I’m an attractive woman who was born with no neck.

BRAZIL/You mean you have a very short neck, right?

No. I have no visible neck whatever. Damnedest thing you ever saw. Just a torso with a head on it. I mean, I can’t even look left and right at traffic lights.

I have no idea where to buy chic outfits. I’d shrug my shoulders for emphasis now, but of course I can’t.

Well, there was one guy at a big fashion show in Brazil last week who seems to design for you neck-challenged gals.

Wow, thank you so much, Blog Guy! I hate to ask for anything more, but I also need to buy a new metal lunchbox.

Looks like he can help you with that one, too….

Woo-hoo! Blog Guy, you’re the VERY BEST! I’m gonna be a no-neck knockout!

A model presents a creation from Lucas Nascimento’s collection during Fashion Rio Winter 2011 in Rio de Janeiro, January 15, 2011. REUTERS/Paulo Whitaker

I like the metal lunchbox…. very..umm… metally…

Nothing like a neoprene suit to sweat, I mean, strut down the runway.

@Shra: I think we could get a take out order of doughnuts, eat the doughnuts, then cover the carton with foil and have our own metal-look lunch boxes!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@Shra: That’s tin foil, and she saw some alien movies and decided to turn Zombie instead. :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Why does the bottom one have a white bar across her tummy? Was she showing her belly button?

The outfit reminds me of the Dr. Who episode where the Daleks tried to impersonate a human. At least this time they got the legs right…

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

@Jazz – I don’t think that’s a white bar. See these aren’t actual people, they’re really made from Lego bricks, hence the lack of a neck, and on the second one they ran out of grey bricks.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Nosmo – Are you sure they’re Lego’s? All my kids’ Lego characters have more facial expression.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Oddly Enough, eBusiness BPO Inc.. eBusiness BPO Inc. said: I stick my neck out for nobody… http://bit.ly/gjZ5BU [...]

Turtle fashion? Maybe she can just retract her head into it. I’ll bet she’s got DOUGHNUTS in that lunch pail!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

The designer thought that that outfit was good enough to make TWO people model it in public? Wow…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

So do the neck muscles control facial expression and that’s why these babes got none, or what?

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Cam, I was half expecting you to say, “That’s my sister!!”

@Jazz – I’m sure they’re from the new ‘Zomibe Model’ Lego collection

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

turpin zombee’s ahhhhh !!!! what will they think of next to thwart the zombee hunters.

Posted by wheelz | Report as abusive

Ahhh, I’ve missed you all. Well, not really. Back in the cave after a nice vacation.

Anyway, this reminds me of an old Steve Martin comedy routine “when she walked into the room, every head turned. Except hers, because she had no neck!”

Donut anyone?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

@Dave, welcome back! Been saving a doughnut for you! Although it’s gotten a bit hard and stale. Nothing a quick nuke in the microwave won’t fix though. :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Spin, around who do you think it would be safe to mention “nuke”?