Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Hey, save some ice water for us!

January 27, 2011

CHINA/

Blog Guy, I’ve noticed that as a travel blogger you write mostly about overseas toilet facilities for your American audience.

Yes, that’s the number one concern among folks planning trips overseas or to red states.

But couldn’t you broaden your travel advice a bit to write about something other than toilets?

Other than toilets? Like what?

shower crop 240Showers. I’m going to China in a week, and I want to be sure I can take nice long showers, just like I do at home.

That won’t be a problem. Here you can see a tourist taking a 90-bucket shower at his hotel in China.

Um, Blog Guy, how do they make sure the water is nice and hot?

Hot? You expect hot? Oh wait, you really had me going there for a minute. Well done!

You don’t understand. I’m staying in a five-star hotel.

So is this guy in the picture.

No, see, I have a semi-private room.

So does this guy. Those are his roommates waiting for their showers.

Yikes! Can I get a PRIVATE room?

Sure, if you don’t mind just the one bucket.

Jin Songhao, 54, pours a bucket of water onto himself during a cold endurance performance on the frozen Songhua River in Harbin, Heilongjiang province, January 20, 2011. Jin poured 90 buckets of cold water onto his body in 26 minutes during the performance, local media reported. REUTERS/Stringer

Comments

If he makes the top-five list of finalists in the cold endurance competition, he moves on to the rapid onset of pneumonia competition, followed by the fastest death competition.

Also, it looks like he’s cheating by wearing shorts.

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

@Spinster: Someone’s angry :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

A live perfomance of “The Bucket List” at a drive in theater on the lake in winter. Where you can also rinse your laundry and fish for crawdads.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

He is either trying to freeze himself now to be thawed out after the pandapocalypse happens or he has watched too much X-Men and really thinks that is how Iceman got his powers. I dunno, it’s hard to tell.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I, the amazing Kreskin, through only the power of my extraordinary mind, will defy gravity and keep the water in this bucket as I hold it upside-down over my head.
Whoops! Nope, not that one.
Hold on folks, as I the amazing Kreskin with defy gravity with THIS bucket of freezing cold… darn.
OK, don’t worry I have plenty of buckets to go yet.
Watch as I the amazing…
Hey, anyone out there got a skivvy, the amazing Kreskin is getting a little cold.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I’m surprised he didn’t get knocked out by dumping a solid block of ice on himself from the last bucket, like the last part of ‘Snow Dogs’.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Sarabelle… you want him NOT to cheat by not wearing his skivvies???

Shra, well definitely not THAT guy…but I am hoping there are more attractive guys in the competition :)

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

I would have thought Lamar would have been someone you would like in that position…
Oooooh Ladylala is giving me the evil eye… (brrrr!)