Time to slather on more makeup, honey!

January 28, 2011

model saner combo this one 490

Blog Guy, I’m an 18-year-old girl and I want to be a model, but my parents won’t let me take modeling classes!

model combo apple line 300Can you please tell them what a glamorous and exciting life fashion models lead?

Sure. Just for you, I sent a photographer to follow a professional model at this week’s fashion show in Paris.

Thank you! Now tell me what we’re seeing here. Don’t leave anything out.

Okay. In the combo shot at the top, she’s having makeup put on, and then some more makeup, and then some more makeup.

And in the fourth photo?

More makeup.

FRANCE-FASHION/Oh. Um, that’s not quite as glamorous as I imagined. Aren’t there photos showing other stuff?

You bet. We have shots of her waiting around backstage, and even eating an apple.

And that’s her whole day? Isn’t there a high point?

Of course. On the left you can see her making her bed before she goes off to work.

Models have to make their own BED? Well, they can’t MAKE me be a model! I didn’t sign anything yet, and I’m really only 17 years old. There are LAWS in this country, for Lord’s sake!

Model’s life slideshow

Combo shot: Swiss model Julia Saner is made up backstage before Lebanese designer Elie Saab fashion show during the Haute Couture fashion week in Paris January 26, 2011. Saner, an 18-year-old top model, was in Paris during the Haute Couture Spring-Summer 2011 fashion collections.

Right: Saner lines up with models backstage .

Right:  Saner eats an apple backstage.

Left: Saner makes her bed at the start of her day of fashion shows.

REUTERS photos by Philippe Wojazer

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler, Oddly Enough and cabun, eBusiness BPO Inc.. eBusiness BPO Inc. said: Time to slather on more makeup, honey! http://bit.ly/gazqoX [...]

I think that apple exceeds her allowable calorie intake…

More donuts. That’s what she needs. And maybe a few chocolate truffles, a good rib-eye, BBQ chicken, some etouffee, and a couple of Guinness.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Oooh, Guinness!

I just simplify things when I go out in public: putting the paper bag over my head just takes a minute. The neighbors are used to it, and I don’t frighten the little children that way.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Quick someone rescue little Miss Julia Saner before her future becomes this;

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 10/12/09/yeah-it-makes-your-butt-look-bi g-worst-womens-fashions-of-the-year/

No Helga, leave her alone, get out of here!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

When my daughter was 12, photos of her sucessful swim team appeared in a local newspaper. We were subsequently approached by two modelling agencies asking if we would let her get some professional shots done.
I politely informed both that if they ever contacted us or her again, I would seek a restraining order, but not before each had suffered a terrible ‘accident’.
Those soul-sucking scumbags rate only slightly above people smugglers, in my book.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

In that whole photoshoot, all the photographer captured her eating was a slice of toast and an apple.. really..
(rolling her eyes)
She would do well on the Meatless Model Show…

Nosmo_King: Same here…beautiful stepdaughter, 17. When we get those calls, her dad tells them to come on by and not to worry too much about the shotgun – He’s just cleaning it.

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

@Moonshine and Nosmo: how wonderful that you made sure your children were able to have a childhood! Gold stars and doughnuts with extra sprinkles for you both.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Clearly she’s not very famous yet, she’s way too pretty. Much like supermodel Gisele used to be in the days before she was… well, a supermodel.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

@69Spinster: So, you’re assuming that when the Reuters photographer went into Saner’s room, the bed was already in that state…maybe the bed WAS all right when the photographer went in…it’s an option, right?

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Ooohh!! That is being naughty, Malteser… :D

Informative. I’ve always sort of wondered what it would take to get my kids to make their bed.

Posted by ARJTurgot2 | Report as abusive