Maybe you just shouldn’t be watching

February 1, 2011

BRITAIN/

Quick quiz: The visibly upset folks in these photos are…

TENNIS-OPEN/a) Trying to watch the Angelina Jolie/Johnny Depp movie, “The Tourist”

b) Avoiding eye contact with a waitress bringing the check

c) Discovering after four hours at the bar that today isn’t a snow day, after all

d) Just looking at some tennis match

Amazingly, the right answer is the tennis match.

It turns out that I guess Scottish folks are really, really emotional people who are ready to go over the edge at any time.

TENNIS-OPEN/If you know any people from that country, you should be very careful what you say to them.

And for Lord’s sake don’t bring up their goofy clothing or their poetry. Consider this a warning.

Customers react as they watch Andy Murray of Britain play Novak Djokovic of Serbia at the Australian Open men’s tennis final in Melbourne, on a television screen in a pub in Murray’s hometown of Dunblane, Scotland January 30, 2011.

REUTERS photos by David Moir

Ah…

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

And with that, you guys know why you mustnt tempt the Zapper….
Thank you for understanding me and my adopted country (for now) BG…. (Wiping off grateful tears.. sniff sniff..)

How about E) Reading another entry of the Oddly Enough blog? Nah, that’s too easy.

There is a lot of “See No Evil” going on there. One “Taste No Evil” and even a “Have No Headache of Evil”. A very diverse range of “No Evil”-ness.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler and Oddly Enough, eBusiness BPO Inc.. eBusiness BPO Inc. said: Maybe you just shouldn’t be watching http://bit.ly/fH76Of [...]

@Shra – What’s Scottish for D’oh?

Well, at least they have plenty of quality single-malt whiskey on hand to drown their sorrows.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Bad hair….sexy accents. Stupid clothes….sexy accents. Too emotionally invested in sports….sexy accents. Hmmmm….yeah, the pros outweigh the cons in this instance.

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

That can’t be Scotland. None of the dudes are wearing kilts. Did Lamar get lost again?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Aye, Dave. I was lookin’ for a kilt or two. I dinna ken that they have more sorrow to drown than anyone else. Yet I’ll raise a cup of kindness if they drown the clown wigs! AAAAaaaaahhh!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

But, the, a kilt doesn’t mean it’s Scotland. I saw a street musician wearing a kilt playing bagpipes in Las Vegas. I felt sorry for him. Imagine keeping the bag inflated, standing for hours, playing difficult pieces. I probably shouldn’t have stolen his little pot of change ;)

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

@Doc: I used to see guys in kilts here, too! No, I wasn’t eating any sprinkles. Dudes in work kilts. Kind of cool, though some could have been considered hot:)

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Ye kinna make fun o’some you kinna ken… Ye ken?

One of them is wearing Tartan, that should give you a clue!

Nosmo, havent really heard anyone say D’oh… but if they did, I reckon it might sound something like Dugh!

Spin, even Scotchtape… :P

Onedoor; Utilikilts ! Very nice, but sadly unaffordable.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

You’re not kidding about being unaffordable, CG. I priced them way back when you first recomended them. They were $2-300.00! Yowza!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive