The one guy I can always depend on…

February 2, 2011

BRITAIN/

Blog Guy, can you settle an argument with the harpsichord player in my baroque ensemble?

prince charles vertical 220Baroque ensemble? Harpsichord?  Well at least this should be a little more high-class than most of the disputes I get.

She said she heard Prince Charles strangled this soldier with his bare hands, see, and that he…

Stop! First, Charles was wearing gloves. I don’t know how this “bare hands” thing even got started.

Plus, he was only giving the guy a medal, not strangling him!

Oh. So, that’s different, then.

You know, enough is enough! I owe that man so much! When it seems like all the world has turned serious, I can dip into our photo file and count on Charles.

charles goofy 240He’s always there with a goofy face, a funny hat, a colorful boa around his neck… To me, he’s just a person with admirably fine and genial characteristics.  Is there a word for someone like that?

Um, a prince?

Top: Britain’s Prince Charles presents Afghanistan Service Medals to Gurkas at Sir John Moore Barracks, in Folkestone, southern England January 28, 2011. REUTERS/Chris Jackson/Pool

Right: Charles wears a traditional garland after the medal presentation. REUTERS/Chris Jackson/Pool

Left: Charles speaks during a visit to Australia House to mark Australia Day, in London, January 26, 2011. REUTERS/Ben Stansall/Pool

Rumors that the prince was wearing a boa (constrictor). Very convenien to handle certain situations without laying a glove on anyone. Hey! He isn’t part of the Overseas Death Panel, is he????

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

BG, I believe Picasso explained why you owe so much to Prince Charles:

“Ah, good taste, what a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness.” -Pablo Picasso

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

The Ghurkas are awesome soldiers and fine people.

That boa, on the other hand…. He looks like he’s afraid it might be a real live one.

“I say, old chap, does this make my head look small?” “I think it clashes with my uniform.”

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

All Hail Prince Charlie!!!
Three cheers for teh goofiest man alive, hip skip hurray!
hip skip hurray! Hip, skip and Away!!!!!!!!!!

The men in the first pic is more likely to get strangled by his own hat’s thingy (what’s it called? Mind the zapper if you know) under his chin! Methinks Prince Charles would get others to do this kind of handy work, don’t you think?

…Is it called a hat strap, or something of the sort? The word’s escaping me right now…

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Those men are part of the Special Forces Ice Cream Truck Reconassaince Squad (8th Caramel Unit, Frostee Battalion). They are recieving medals for seeking out the ice cream truck that serves the best strawberry topped sundae with walnuts.

Prince Charles is serious about his ice cream people.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Malteser – It’s called a Chinstrap. I hope Shra isn’t reading this. How sad is it that I know these things?

Posted by inebgreen | Report as abusive

Green hair is a nice touch. I’ve just visualized Charles with a green, punk spike doo. Pass the doughnuts!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Is that one of those giant wooly caterpillars around his neck? Does the large green section mean that spring will come soon? Oh, for the sound of spring, the Punxsutawny Philharmonic playing Wooly Booly…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I wish you people would quit making fun of the Prince. Before I succumbled to the irresistible charms of Lamar, I was actually quite drawn to Charles: his regal aloofness, his playful refusal to answer my letters, his mystique that left me wondering what he actually did for a living.
It’s not Charles’s fault that his allure was overshadowed by Lamar’s and HRH was forced to seek solace in the arms of What’s-her-name.
It’s not a goofy face you see–it’s a face contorted in lovesick pain. A little compassion, please.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

I am actually looking forward to king after this king, the young lad who hardly gives away any mugshots hehe, THAT’s going to be hard. :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

You know, I cant say how many times I have said this… No Learning! No Teaching!!
You all just test my patience!!!
I have taken up boxing too… so, you might just get a double dose!!

Ineb! Zapp!
Malt! Zapp!

ladylala – love your comment. Now I’m going to be snickering all day. Speaking of which, I am now craving a Snickers.

Why is this blog always about food?!

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Prince Chuckles gets leied by Ghurkas at ceremony.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Nosmo: LOL! :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Snickers flavo(u)red doughnuts! Does that violate trademark laws though?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Who cares! Toss them in and have a bite!
If Snickers sue, its their shite!

Chocolate sundae
With whipped cream and bananas
Fills Prince Charles with glee