The creepiest photo of all time?

February 7, 2011

NFL-SUPERBOWL/

What’s the matter, Blog Guy? You look very upset.

It’s my eyes. I saw something I shouldn’t have. Probably the creepiest photo I’ve ever seen in my whole life. The pain won’t go away.

superbowl crop 260Wow! Do tell.

The best way I can describe it is, say I sat for hours and made a list of all the things that I think make this a wonderful country, right?

Okay. And how many of those things are in the photo you mentioned?

Not one.

Ah, I see. Still, that one sign says, “The Lord is Coming.” That’s pretty good news, right?

Not if this is what he finds when he gets here, it isn’t…

A Green Bay Packers fan drinks a beer as he walks past religious protesters while on his way to the Super Bowl in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler and Oddly Enough, eBusiness BPO Inc.. eBusiness BPO Inc. said: The creepiest photo of all time? http://bit.ly/ia1VgF [...]

Disgust. That is all.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Bizarre? Yes, creepy? No, ridiculous? absolutely :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Was the Lord a guest at Super Bowl? What was he going over there for? Surely not to buy himself a cheese-hat…

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

These charming individuals have been known to attend the funerals of soldiers returned from Iraq and Afghanistan, spreading their hate on the grieving families.
I know we are supposed to be a tolerant society and all, but it’s difficult to not wish ill upon these creeps.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

They need a doughnut…. a Xanax doughnut, which has nothing in it but Xanax… and they need Single malt scotch, instead of the Coke Unca suggested….
That should take care of them until we transport them to Mars…

Hereabouts, a really, really good punch in the mouth goes for about $5,000.00, mostly to cover dental expenses. No jury around here would award that for punching one of these “people” for demonstrating at a soldier’s funeral. But, to me, even if a jury would find against me, it would be worth the 5K.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

And when they run out of real people to hate and offend (what a kind, loving god they have…), who will they have to turn on other than themselves? Oh, to put them all on an isolated island together for a year. With a pack of crazy weasels. Though that would be hard on the crazy weasels, I do like them.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Lamar didn’t send the best photo! If he had waited just a minute more, he’d have seen the cheese head in action. Those fingers were really counting down on the beer can cooler remote detonator. All he had to do was turn toward that crowd and release the stinky cheese spray from his hat. The stinky spray would have clung to them all day!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I may have been mis-informed about the motives of these folks.
Apparently the ‘dead soldiers’ bit actually refers to beer cans, and the whole ‘fags’ schtick is a British anti-smoking thing.
It is sad that they have such a problem with spelling, because one of the signs should say ‘Dogs hate sour feelings’, and another ‘The Laird is coming’.
So they’re actually a bunch of beer-loving, anti-smoking folks who like animals and things Scottish.

If only.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

If we follow your logic, Nosmo, these folks would be thrilled to see guys wearing kilts. Somehow I don’t see that happening.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@Nosmo: and if they drink enough beer, the Lard is coming.

@BG: Does this mean they don’t like men in kilts???? Do their “womenfolk” have to wear only dresses and skirts? Will you be showing us any good photos of men in kilts any time soon? Why aren’t there any good photos of men with strategically placed white bars? Is Lamar doing your editing now, too?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Fortunately, the Constitution protects free speech. Unfortunately, that applies to these home grown terrorists, too. As the saying goes, some people are alive only because it’s against the law to kill them.

Posted by inebgreen | Report as abusive

Well, Nosmo… they sure havent been welcome in Scotland… I may have to be zapping overtime if they come to my part of the world…

I know this blog is all supposed to be non-serious and all that, but as a mom with a son on his third tour in Iraq (in Medi-Vac, no less), these protesters are difficult for me to stomach. And apparently for the rest of you, too. Your comments – serious and sarcastic and pun-ridden – do help, though.

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

Why didn’t the powers of cheese manifest themselves in bolts of lightning with the quickness of Aaron Rodgers’s arm and the hotness of Clay Matthews to smack the crap out of those a-holes? Glad I haven’t met one of those people in personm, otherwise I’d be commenting from jail…

Cheeseheads for the win!

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

That’s funny, sarabelle. I had always presumed you WERE commenting from jail, like most of my other commenters.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Moonshine, part of the creed for one of my former military units was a passage from Job: “But God knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I will come out as gold.” (Job 23:10). I have always found comfort in that passage.

In fact, I find the Book of Job to be at the very heart of the Christian mystery, as unpalatable as it may be at times.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Sorry, it’s actually “The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.”

I’m getting old.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Spin, I think they should present their backsides and BLOCK THAT KICK!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Moonshine – I’m a member of a Volunteer Ambulance Corps, and a good number of our members are serving in medical units overseas. Your son will join them in my prayers for a safe return, and gratitude for the service they are providing their country. Too bad they have to defend people like these.

Posted by inebgreen | Report as abusive

Moonshine, thanks so much for sharing that with us. You should be very proud.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

BG, I’ve recently been freed on parole with an understanding that I stay away from goats and shopping malls.

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Moonshine, may I express my gratitude to and respect for your son. My thoughts are with you both.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

they should send that silly cheese headed guy to war and see if he still can pray for dead soldiers.

Posted by Caglar | Report as abusive

Those “religious protestors” make me ashamed on behalf of the human race. The sooner they meet their maker and realise just how badly wrong they got it, the better.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Caglar, in fairness, as the caption points out, the cheese-head guy isn’t part of the protest. He’s just a cheese-headed Packers fan.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Guys, I swore (upon thoughts of a major ZAP from Shra), that I’d keep away from all of this seriousness. But you have really filled my heart with your posts. I have gathered them all in an e-mail to Wesley…I know they will mean as much to him as they do to me. Thanks.

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

Don’t worry about Shra, Moonshine. Learning something personal about you isn’t the same as learning something educational. And anyway, Shra has bigger fish to fry.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I shan’t zap you at all Moonshine! You get a huge bear hug, virtual albeit..
And just for you (and Wesley) and all those people serving overseas and their families, I shall zap such protestors if I ever come across them… you may hear of a power outage in Scotland that day… I promise you that!

Wow, Spin. All I wanted to do was punch them in the mouth and kick them in the nether regions. Well, now that you mention the netherworld…. BRILLIANT!

Quite frankly, I’m surprised no one has sued them for intentional infliction of emotional distress. (The First/Fourteenth Amendments apply to government actors, not private individuals.)

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Nope, sorry, even we here in the Underworld have standards, and them folks ain’t welcome.
They will spend all eternity in Limbo, which, you may not be aware, is actually the transit area at Cleveland airport.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Moonshine: Shra has the right idea – hugs to you. And an extra guardian angel to Wesley.

@Nosmo: I needed a grin this morning so came to the blog. Got grins, a warm heart and advice to avoid the Cleveland airport! Wow!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Well, that explains why I saw the Ghosthunters running screaming onto the Eastbound Rapid away the Cleveland Airport!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Really, Spin? Really? I guess it’s all in your perspective. Some might feel bad for the protesters, who were photographed at the unfortunate moment when a guy walked by with his tongue out and cheese on his head.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Those guys? Of course not. I was just jerking your chain.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Would the protestors’ maker (assuming He is not our maker) like to eat them skewered and covered with cheese?

I have weird torture ideas sometimes.. almost cartoonesque..

Shra, coming from you I’d have expected something more along the lines of Tandoori baked with some nice Sabzi… but, after living in Edimbrh for so long things do change!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

@Nosmo: A very funny Cleveland post, anyway, I heard that a pregnant woman was on the way to give birth and as the operating doors parted open, she saw the words “Nosmo King” and since her last name was “King” she named the baby boy “Nosmo” HAHAHA! NO SMOKING!

Posted by Angelbaby | Report as abusive

Spin, see if the internet holds any recordings of “Old Harry’s Game”, which I think you would appreciate.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Well, I do like a variety of cuisines, M… love the chips here… they are the besttt!!!

What, you’re saying the chips are better than the haggis? No way!

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Actually Mr B, if you mix some curry paste in with the haggis, and use it as dip for your chips, it’s actually pretty good. After a few bottles of scotch, that is.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Well, you know Spin… with haggis, it could go either way.. just like Marmite

I see…
You think marmite or vegemite might have brought the smile to that lady holding those 4 placards?
I would like to connect her mouth directly to a vegemite truck via a hosepipe…