Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

YEAH! IT’S ME! I’M IN THE QUIET CAR!

February 9, 2011

sunglasses biden 490

Blog Guy, I know you’re a Washington insider. Can you tell me what, more than anything else, President Obama respects in other people?

sunglasses obama 200I mean, is it honesty, loyalty, intelligence, empathy, the ability to communicate?

Obama likes people who look cool in sunglasses.

Really? That’s it?

Yeah. After all, he carries it off pretty well himself, and he doesn’t think he should have to bother with losers who don’t.

So who meets his high standards, and who doesn’t?

VIETNAM/That’s kind of a sore subject right now. Vice President Joe Biden had his sunglasses debut yesterday, and wasn’t too impressive.

In retrospect, I guess maybe sitting in a train car on a bleak winter’s day looking like Ed McMahon on a cell phone wasn’t the best setting for him.

Yikes, I see what you mean! And what about Secretary of State Hillary Clinton? Is she cool in shades?

Gosh, what do you think?

Poor Obama. Is there any leader out there who can meet his high standards?

RUSSIA/Maybe just the one.

BTW, if readers would like to propose their own captions for the Biden shot above, feel free to do that in my COMMENTS section. It might make  you feel better.

Lower your standards. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Top: Vice President Joseph Biden talks on a mobile phone after boarding an Amtrak train at Union Station in Washington, to travel to the 30th Street Station in Philadelphia, February 8, 2011. REUTERS/Larry Downing

Left: Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama boards his campaign plane in San Antonio, Texas, March 3, 2008. REUTERS/Jim Young

Right: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reaches for translation earphones, reflected in her sunglasses, during a signing ceremony for a memorandum of understanding for U.S. support of HIV/AIDS programs in Hanoi, July 22, 2010. REUTERS/Julian Abram Wainwright/Pool

Left: Russian President Dmitry Medvedev takes aim as he visits the Federal Security Service Special Task Center on his trip to Russia’s southern region of Dagestan, June 9, 2009.¬† REUTERS/RIA Novosti/Kremlin/Mikhail Klimentyev

Comments

What???? No Prince Charley in sunshades??? Oh, yes, he does live in England…

I think Biden is trying out for a Goose reincarnated role in “Top Gun 2: Thaw of the Iceman”.

Or, he is dealing with the Davis situation in Pakistan and is saying “get me Jason Bourne!”

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Where are the Men in Black when you need them?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

JB: “Some guy named Lamar wants a photo for some kind of museum … says he has doughnuts.”

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

@Dave, please don’t tell me Hillary is going to be cast as Charlie!

Vice President Joseph Biden phones in his audition for American Idol giving a rousing rendition of “I’m ‘Enry the Eighth I’yam”.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Love the Dilbert-effect tie that the Prez is wearing.

Meanwhile, Hillary does her Chipmunk impersonation and acts like a nut.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

By the way, doesn’t that squirrel imitation look get Hillary another spot in the Goofy Face Museum?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Jeez Dave, you may recall from your last visit that she already has an entire wing devoted to her. Enough is enough.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@Shra: you know I travelled in First class without fare once… :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

You’ve never seen commuters get as hot under the collar as when they are rushing to catch a train home, and the gates are blocked because Biden and/or his family are taking the train back to Wilmington. The SS blockades all the platforms so they can drive the black vehicles right up to the Acela platform and drop Biden & Co. off (or pick them up). We’re talking hundreds, maybe even a thousand or so passengers (incl me on several occasions) delayed on these occasions. A few minutes delays doesn’t sound like much until you consider that many of these folks have to drive (or take additional public transportation) for a significant a distance after they arrive at their far station — a few minutes delay in DC can snowball into bigger delays quite easily.

All so Biden can feel like he’s the common man, in touch with the people. If he really had any feelings for us, (or heard the insults hurled his way as he and his entourage was chauffeured past harried commuters), he’d take to the air, and leave us to go about our normal routine.

Posted by zizzy | Report as abusive

@zizzy, sshhhhhh… Vice President Joseph Biden is trying to be the 50th caller so he can win tickets to the Justin Bieber concert!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Biden: Yes, hello. I’d really like an explanation of these charges on my wireless bill…Yes I’m disputing charges!…Well, for instance, 1-900-BIG-BUTT! I never called that number! Nor did I call 1-900-TEAM-EDWARD! No I did not!…Yes, 1-900-GET-FREAKY is a legitimate charge…

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

Fwd, I travelled First class on half-fare… though I am curious about the no-fare trip as well… :D
Luckily JB doesnt have to worry about First Class fares…

Biden is auditioning for the Leslie Nielsen character in the remake of The Naked Gun.

I say he gets the part, at least based on looks.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Biden calling Reuters to have Robert Basler fired for writing tripe

Posted by simplyamazed | Report as abusive

“Hillary? Yeah, it’s Joe. Joe Biden. You know, Vice-President of the United States? Yes, yes, the one who always gets stuck paying for the doughnuts. Anyway, I just heard from the vice-president of Brazil. Brazil – you know, big country in South America. They had a big fire and they lost a bunch of crazy costumes and bikini wax. They wanted to know if you really needed all of that ten thousand gallons you just ordered online as … Oh, it wasn’t you that ordered that? Umm, so can I speak to Bill then?”

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Loll!!!!! Simply amazed, that was hilarious!!!

Nosmo seizes the day! :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Lt. Frank Drebin/Biden: [into a phone] Ed, it’s Frank. Listen, I’m onto something big here. I’m going to need you and Nordberg in on this. I need both of you to meet me tomorrow at the marina…
Lt. Frank Drebin: Huh?…
Lt. Frank Drebin: What’s Nordberg doing in Detroit?
Lt. Frank Drebin: So, send him some plane fare and a new pair of pants/shirt.

Posted by Scherbatsky | Report as abusive

“I’ve got a full train of passengers, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark out, and I’m wearing sunglasses. Let’s roll.”

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive