Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

That’s like a quarter of a million, isn’t it?

February 17, 2011

SPAIN/

Blog Guy, you’re looking positively jubilant today. Why are you rejoicing?

I’ve made the big time. My blog’s Facebook Network hit 25,000 members yesterday.

milestone combo 340CONGRATULATIONS! There must have been one HUGE celebration when that happened.

Indeed. Washington was all ablaze with glory. The very heavens seemed to have come down. Rockets flashed to and fro in fiery lines, and banners waved above the tumultuous throng…

Let me stop you right there, Blog Guy. That sounds very familiar…

milestone arkansas 320You’re quoting a¬† newspaper story from April 14, 1865, describing Washington DC’s celebration over the end of the Civil War! It didn’t really happen to you yesterday.

No rockets’ red glare? No bombs bursting in air?

Now you’re just pulling out lyrics from some Christina Aguilera song. So what did Reuters REALLY do for you?

They took me and my entire blog staff to Olive Garden for dinner, and they hired Michelle Obama and Sarah Palin lookalikes  to make goofy faces for us while we ate. They were sort of believable.

And?

They also brought in Miss Arkansas and her dummies to entertain us. Just the 20-minute version. They didn’t spring for her entire one-hour act.

milestone medal 340Was there anything else?

Yes, they said I should wait at home tonight for a big surprise. Look! I think I can see the lights coming now!

Get a grip, Blog Guy. That’s a torch-carrying mob, coming to take you to one of those Government Death Panels you keep writing about.

So wait a minute. You’re saying I’m NOT getting the Medal of Freedom along with Warren Buffett?

Be like everybody else. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Top: Villagers hold torches during the Divina Pastora procession as part of a festival to honor the Virgin of Los Rondeles in the southern Spanish village of Casarabonela, December 12, 2010. REUTERS/Jon Nazca

Right: U.S. first lady Michelle Obama makes a point as she talks to children about health and fitness during a visit to an elementary school in Silver Spring, Maryland May 19, 2010. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

Right: Former Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin in the stands of the Belmont Stakes, in Elmont, New York, June 5, 2010. REUTERS/Jessica Rinaldi

Left: Miss Arkansas Alyse Eady performs a ventriloquist act during the talent segment of the 2011 Miss America Pageant in Las Vegas, January 15, 2011. Eady went on to become the first runner-up. REUTERS/Steve Marcus

Right: President Barack Obama awards the Medal of Freedom to recipient Warren Buffett during a ceremony at the White House, February 15, 2011. REUTERS/Larry Downing

Comments

I think those guys from Casarabonela, look more like the mob that stormed Count Dracula’s castle…
Is he on the Death Panel too?
Congratulations on the achievement, BG.. my eyes are brimming with pride…

Oooooeeee Baby! The Blog Guy can still rock and ravioli!

So, when you’re at the Olive Garden, “you’re like family” – were you able to make anyone laugh until the milk came out of their nose? Did you make them all promise to come and play on the blog? Pass the parmesan, bro.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

It’s really a quarter of a tenth of a million, but you’re getting there BG…with blogs like these you’ll eventually get there.

Hmm…now I wonder, could this increasing amount of Facebook Network members be a further sign towards the end of the world? 2012′s round the corner anyway!

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

So there are 25,000 of us who are on and off medication regularly? fancy that!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Congrats RB

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

“Wear your jacket straight. Join the Oddly Enough blog network.”

What’s a virgen?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

It’s like a virgin, only misspelled…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Hat’s off to Blog Guy! Selflessly sharing mirth and wit around the globe! Mom would be proud. Even my sister approves!

@69 … Ooooohhh! Pretty glitter!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Congrats Baz! I’ll drink a toast to you, only don’t tell my boss I’m drinking at work!

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I’m thinking that the growing of your Facebook Network could be more adequately categorized as a “spreading infection”. I’ve seen enough horror movies about digital plagues converting the average citizen into an oozing and unhygienic zombie to know a dastardly plot to destroy mankind when I see it. I think I might just have to come back to Washington in order to single-handedly save the human race….and I say single-handedly only because I’ve managed to chew off the left one……stupid zombie impulses. Thanks a lot, Bob. Now you’ve made me ruin my favorite pjs.

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

Spin got tickets for only $199.99??? I knew it was a mistake to buy them from Williams Sonoma! *#@$

“25,000 people can’t be wrong! Join the Oddly Enough blog network”

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

My boss knows I drank/ rather ate booze at work… vodka cookies made by a colleague…
All for Mr.B!!

Thanks, JustK. You’re coming back to Washington? That’s good, because your half-eaten egg salad sandwich is still right where you left it in the Goofy Face Museum, behind the radiator.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Good job! 25,000 people who know something weird, mindless and funny when they see it. There’s hope for the world!
PS I always leave my egg salad sandwiches behind the radiator to make sure the yolks are done …

Posted by slick9 | Report as abusive

I figured that was the only place to keep it nice and toasty…you yankees have some serious cold weather issues. It’s not human to want to live in that crap. Of course, most evil masterminds are impervious to cold…so it stands to reason that you (ahem), I mean “they” would flock to that area. Those of us that are warm-blooded are too sensitive to the cold to come after you in anything less than a triple-layer banana yellow snowsuit that makes ninja fighting practically impossible (not to mention the difficulty of bathroom breaks). Sorry, I’m rambling. The blood loss is getting to me.

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

@69 … ROFL!! :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Congrats, Blog Guy. Glad to be a part of it. At least when I get my medidonuts.

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

WOW! I’m one twenty-five thousandth part of The New Big Thing! You’ve done us proud, Mr B. This is going on my resume.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

It’d be 25,001 but my work blocks Facebook. Of course I would NEVER do this blog thing where my family might see me…

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Oh to hell with Mathematics then! Party time…where’s my doughnut?

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Its a momentous occasion
One that needs celebrating
Lets raise our medidonuts and vodka
to our Blog Guy for creating
a blog that lifts our soul
and vanquishes people foul!!

Congrats Mr. B. on the achievement. I would like to commemorate the occasion with a little ditty.

Like a virgen,
blogging for the very first tiiiime.
Like a vir-er-er-er-gen,
leave your comment,
under mine.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Gosh, I didn’t know requirements for the Blog Babes included signing up on the Facebook page…my faux pas. Count me as 25,002. Congrats, Blog Guy!

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

@Spin, wasn’t “Come on get happy” from The Brady Bunch or Partridge Family or something? And really the only thing I know of Judy Garland is The Wizard of Oz so that right there tells you my lack of culture. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@Spin, no don’t say it wasn’t a hit! I just had visions of the Brady Bunch dancing through my head while thinking of the song and I wanted to make sure if that was appropriate or not. Cause really, if I should have visions of Judy Garland dancing through my head I would prefer that anytime. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I shouldn’t admit to knowing this, but as far as you guys know, I had to use Google for this info:

Brady Bunch = Sunshine Day
Partridge Family = C’mon Get Happy (the show’s theme song)

Peach singing to Shra = Pat Benetar’s ‘Hit Me With Your Best Shot’ FIRE AWAY! :P

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

@GeorgiaPeach, ha ha that was awesome! :D

@Shra, come on you gotta let GeorgiaPeach off the hook for a tase cause really that was awesome!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Count me impressed Mr B. :)

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Just this once, Peach… coz that was really peachy! :)

If people are starting to ask for it, maybe Shra needs a stronger taser. I’m just saying…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

well, you know BG… its OK to WANT to learn… the problem starts when they DO learn… or are TAUGHT..

Note my emphasis on the capital letters…

Dear Shra, you have taught me that being tased is unpleasant and that I should restrict my learning to other internet sites.
Does this mean we both need to be tased?

In other news, Barack Obama endows Warren Buffett with the title ‘Supreme Overlord of the Entire Universe’, along with the key to the White House Executive Bathroom on a ribbon.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Spin, brilliant anagram…
Nosmo, no, thats self -realisation, which is not teaching… it is only learning, but which is not taught…
Hope you get my drift…
I need more doughnuts…

I don’t FB…but my dog does. I’ll have to let him browse this blog and see if he likes you ;)

and if you get all of his friends, that will really bump your numbers…by ONE. My dog is very picky about who he friends. WOOF

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive