Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Along came a slider who sat down beside her…

February 18, 2011

fashion sliders 490

Lamar, we’ve got another big fashion show today. What have you done to cut costs? I’m worried about this rule that we have to have food for the models.

COLOMBIA/Are you kidding, Boss? That costs us nothing! I just put out the five sliders again.

Excuse me? What sliders?

Sorry Boss, I thought you knew. Back in 1958 my grandmother made some little hamburgers for our very first fashion show. They were so plump and succulent, of course the models didn’t dare come near them.

Now, I put the same burgers out each year and spritz a little Eau de Boeuf spray around the table.

Fascinating! Didn’t they ever go bad, Lamar?

Hard to say. We coated ‘em with shellac back in 1978.

I have to ask. Why did your grandma just make five of them?

Oh, she originally made six, but a very naive model ate one in 1972. Bloated up instantly. Never worked again.

Top: Sliders (small burgers) are seen backstage before the Herve Leger by Max Azria Fall/Winter 2011 collection show during New York Fashion Week, February 15, 2011. REUTERS/Eric Thayer

Left: A model presents a creation by designer LaQuan Smith during Bogota Fashion Week February 16, 2011. REUTERS/Fredy Builes

Comments

I do love Krystal burgers – every once in a while. I’ll pass on the shellac, Jack.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Cheeese????? You give the models cheese???? Reallly?????
I bet 10 to 1 this pic is a hoax…

Cheese! I love cheese!

The model appears to be wearing another neoprene creation that is a cross between a dress and a cheerleading outfit. Hmm. A few more inches of length to the skirt, not quite as poofy in the shoulder area, and the lower arm fitted. Just not in neoprene.

Cheese danish today instead of doughnuts?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

What?? No burger buns for weekend?? :-(

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I suspect the fashion world is getting to be like the People of Wal-Mart website…people are just going for shock value.

I can hear the designers now: What apparel is so ludicrous that we’ll catch the Blog Guy’s attention? Neoprene! He loves neoprene!

I’m sure they have a bet going to see whose design can get the most comments too. Bonus points for making the month end wrap up…and if you are mentioned in the year end blog, you are set for life!

@Dave – I’m with ya on the Krystals. I have had White Castles…just not the same IMO. I’ll stick with the mystery food I was raised on :P

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Cheerleaders? Did someone say cheerleaders? :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I’m just glad I misread the title at first, and saw spider … the only good spider is a dead, wrapped in a tissue and flushed spider. Except for outdoors, where they’re ok. Weird …

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

Now I gotta get me a bag of White Castle just to remind myself why I don’t eat them anymore.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Jazz is right. Now I can’t get them out of my mind. Must find White Castle….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Jazz & Baz – Maybe Harold and Kumar can help you out. Need to get about 20 for that model while you are at it.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Mmm… Contact wrappable spray on bun glaze… Have I been reading bakery supply catalogues too much?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I would say yes, CG… but then, Carry On Crowgirl! :)

Do they do the nifty cocktail sticks in the bakery supply catalogue? I could use some of those.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive