Is this the express line?

February 24, 2011

PHILIPPINES/

Blog Guy, it’s a couple of days before the end of February and there hasn’t been a single sign of the onrushing Apocalypse this month. I’m feeling much better already.

ice cream buffett 220 thisThen you’re living in a dream world, buddy. I just saw one of the clearest signs ever. It turns out a specialist ice cream parlor plans to serve up breast milk ice cream.

OMG! Where are they getting the milk for that?

From mothers who answered an online ad.

Ewwwww! Now I understand the headline you put on this blog item. I have to agree this is definitely a sign of the Apocalypse.

No it’s not. The actual sign is, the place plans to charge $23 a serving, so they expect to find customers who are nuts AND rich!

What do you call a shop like this, anyway?

I believe it’s called a brasserie.

Do you think this place has a real, sustainable marketing plan for this product?

Yeah, and it boils down to one sentence: There’s no shortage of boobs in the world.

Women breast feed their babies in an attempt to break a world record for simultaneous breast feeding at a small sports center in Paranaque, south of Manila May 2, 2007. REUTERS/Darren Whiteside

Berkshire Hathaway Chairman Warren Buffett reacts after taking a bite of a Dairy Queen vanilla orange ice cream bar at the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting in Omaha May 1, 2010.  REUTERS/Rick Wilking

The top picture is a screen grab from the upcoming blockbuster action/adventure/mystery/thriller movie “X-Men Origins: Where’s Waldo”.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Great news!
Now you can order a kaffe lewak breastmilk latte.
Maybe pick up a wasabi doughnut to go with that?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

that’s so you, BG. Always one to stay abreast of the story and feed your followers. You are such a nurturer! Even though some may have called you an incredible boob, I don’t really see you as trying to bottle feed your readers.

about that first photo…did you get express written consent to use it?

ok, I don’t want to milk this for all it’s worth.

good night, nurse!

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Apocalypse….the end of times…
End…when something ends it’s no longer around..
Stores are no longer around when then close…
Stores sell doughnuts..
This blog is about doughnuts!
Oh no the store that sells doughnuts is going out of business! Quick everyone GET TO THE CHOPPA!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

The top photo is the Manila chapter of the La Leche League. Their motto is “Express Yourself!”

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Just the thought has curdled my brain; but not my funny bone. I can just picture some guy with his ice cream cone or two scoop dish.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@ifyGeorgia .. LOL! :-) (I like the contraction)

Doughnuts much? Join the OE blog network!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

BG, if you combined Warren Buffet from this post and the excellent outfit from the last post into a single picture (words would not be necessary), I’m quite sure you and all who viewed your works would immediately transcend Samsara and move on to a higher plane of existence.

Just a thought.

Posted by shawngrggs | Report as abusive

Curse You Spam Filter!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Wow. That was a much abbreviated version of my original rant!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

@onedoor – of course they will only serve “two scoops”.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

What did they put in Buffet’s ice-cream? He doesn’t look pleased at all!

And one more thing – the caption says this was a world-record attempt…The question is: who went round counting boo.. I mean women, on this one? Now that’s another job worth giving your readers career advice about BG!

@GeorgiaPeach – nice puns!

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Don’t be a boob! Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I am so jealous of public having so much free time :-(

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

One newspaper article in the BBC said, the women were offered £15 for every 10 ounces of breast milk produced..
One said “I dont see what is wrong in using my assets to get an extra bit of cash”….

An enterprising burglar would raid the fridge at the local hospital’s obstetric ward.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

***
Um, I would like to order . . . um . . . a Baby Gaga.

What size, Dearie? A, B, C, or D?

A, I guess.

That’ll be 46 pounds, even.

46? The sign says 23!

That’s for one, Dear. You have to buy two.

Here you go, Doll. Two D-cups.

Thank you. Hey! This tastes like onion!

Oh, dear! Well, you see, the milk is flavored by what was eaten before . . . milking. We must have mixed up the cream for ice cream and chip dip. . . . Would you like some chips to go with that? Only another 23 pounds?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

at my last job, everybody was told, “Don’t use the milk in the fridge…it’s Lori’s.” There were a few guys who didn’t fully understand that statement

…or maybe they did.

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Unca, you guys ARE under house arrest, right?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

O K. This an unabashed cry for help. I have NO idea what’s going on in this post. Please, yank at any little loose thread and help me in.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

I wonder, if one orders the breast-milk icecream, and it isn’t ready yet, do they give one a pacifier until it is ready?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

@lady: would love to help; but I generally know nothing and it seems to work best for me that way.

@Doc: still chuckling.

@unca & jc: get one of those little robot vacuums that bumps into your furniture and turns around in circles. Attach the anklet thingy to that, turn it on, and go about your business. Not that I would know about that or anything…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@jclimacus, onedoor: thanks for your heroic roadside measures to help me out of my confused crisis. In case you give a darn, you accomplished bupkis. I’m as lost as before, only loster. (Shutup, Spin. Where were you when I needed you?)

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

JC, liked the way you started that comment with the dinosaurs, I am sure Mr.Thunder Thighs appreciates you remembering them…
Nah, wont tase.. you didn’t teach…so no tasing…
also, my taser is on the charge… will be some time before it’s functional..