Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Welcome to our model town…

February 28, 2011

gown town this 490

(to the tune of Petula Clark’s “Downtown“)

When you want lookers
But you can’t afford hookers
Here’s the place to go, Gown Town

You’ll be a hero
‘Cause they’re all a Size Zero
If you find them in, Gown Town…

FASHION/NEWYORKLamar, come into my office…

Yeah, Boss?

We seem to have a REALLY beautiful crop of models for the fashion show today, and I don’t see anything wrong with them. Where did you find them?

I just drove the bus over to Gown Town and loaded it up. The gals there are happy just to have a bus ride, and we don’t even have to pay them.

Gown Town?

Sure, Boss. It’s a little place just up the road where all the women are drop-dead gorgeous, and they wear beautiful clothes and stiletto heels even to go to the library. They enjoy nothing more than being stared at by slobbering imbeciles like you and me.

gown town this 340Lamar! This is wonderful news! I’m SO happy! Is this all true?

Oh. Lamar, is that a lizard coming out of your lunch box?

Top: Models present creations by Blumarine during the Autumn/Winter 2011 women collection show at Milan’s Fashion Week, February 25, 2011. REUTERS/Stefano Rellandini

Right: A model presents a creation from the Michael Kors Fall/Winter 2011 collection during New York Fashion Week, February 16, 2011. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid

Left: Models parade at the end of the Blugirl Autumn/Winter 2011 women collection show at Milan’s Fashion Week, February 24, 2011. REUTERS/Stefano Rellandini

Comments

When I see shoes,
My heart sings out loud
I drift along the seating rows
Just to get a look thats bound
to make the model hand over her heels
and then make me, in delight SQUEEAALL!!!
And like I always say….

SHOEEEESSSS!!!!!!!

I like the cropped jacket. If the models plan on wearing the sheer, short lace dresses this winter, they might want the jacket in a longer length.

Wonder if it is the pointy shoes or lack of nutrition preventing them from smiling?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Only thing missing is them carrying boxes of doughnuts. Now THAT’S hot!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Robert Palmer’s band demonstrates their individuality.

sort of :)

“Get addicted…join the OE Blog Network”

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

“Nah, I’m only jerking your chain, Boss. Today’s models are really just skanky transvestites. I put some LSD in your coffee so you wouldn’t notice.” – that right there is hilarious. I feel like I just earned a drop to a lower of hell for thinking it was pretty darn awesome.

To follow up GeargiePeach.. “Take the 12 step program to insanity. Join the Oddly Enough bloe network!”

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@Georgia … “Your lights are on, but you’re not home.” Come on, sing it with me!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Wow! Those models just look thin or skinny, rather than dead and hideous. I’m impressed!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

“Your will is not your own…join the OE Blog Network!”

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

me: Maybe this blog will win an Oscar for Best Musical Score to a Blog?

my mind: Naaaahhhh. What kind of doughnut did I eat last night anyway?

“Never gonna give you up …”

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

@Spin – you’re gonna have to face it ;P

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

@Spin: They’re all model prisoners!

Transvestites on the
catwalk wearing trackers but
Shra wants all their shoes!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Jazz, I wouldnt want to have legs like them, or wear ankle bracelets that resemble tracking devices… and I couldnt carry off their clothes without wearing a long overcoat…

The only thing worth taking from them are their shoes..

I rest my case… bring me my meddies!!!

More of a zombie town…look if you could find difference in their faces and this –> :-|

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

You all make me laugh. Thanks! :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Points for the Robert Palmer connection. I was thinking Night of the Living Dead but it didn’t fit. Yet.

Posted by ARJTurgot2 | Report as abusive

@Unca, ha ha ha..swizzle sticks! :D

The ankle bracelets serve a dual purpose. Not only are they tracking devices but they are supports to prevent their brittle ankles from snapping.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive