Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

You gonna talk, or you gonna draw?

February 28, 2011

RUSSIA

Blog Guy, can you please settle some bets I have with my gynecologist’s haberdasher?

Sure, I’m happy to pander to readers by settling stupid bets. What’s up?

ITALY-BERLUSCONI/CONFIDENCEOf all the world leaders, who has the fastest draw? I mean like if they were in a Wild West gunfight, you know.

Easy. That’s Russian Prime Minister Vladimir “Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootin’” Putin. When he says “go for it,” say your prayers.

But he’s only kidding, right?

Look at the photo above. Does it LOOK like he’s kidding?

Yikes! Okay, of all the world leaders, who has the worst dental problems?

ITALY-BERLUSCONI/These days, it’s Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi. All he talks about are his toothaches, and how much he misses his former dental hygienist.

Wait a minute. How could one dental hygienist make that much difference?

Have you SEEN his former dental hygienist?

Wow. Next, of all the U.S. governors, which one has the smallest brain?

Gosh, there’s so much competition these days . When you say “smallest brain,” are you counting that governor who seems to have no brain at all?

Top: Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin gestures as he speaks to student representatives in Sochi February 26, 2011. REUTERS/Alexei Nikolsky/RIA Novosti/Pool

Right: Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi shows his teeth during a news conference at Chigi palace in Rome, February 9, 2011. REUTERS/Tony Gentile

Left: Nicole Minetti during a meeting at the Lombardy regional headquarters in Milan January 18, 2011. The prosecutors’ document says that Minetti, a Lombardy regional official who was formerly Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi’s dental hygienist, recruited “a significant number of young women, who prostituted themselves with Silvio Berlusconi.” Minetti, who is also under investigation, denies the accusations. REUTERS/Alessandro Garofalo

Comments

Ahhh, Ms. Minetti again. I thought we might see her mug (s) again sometime.

Looks like Berlusconi is saying “look at this chopper.” *cue to @ifly*

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Oh Dave, please don’t get him going on that again. Chopper has run its course…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Mr. Pilot may beg to differ….
Surely, Mr.Berlusconi has appointed a new hygienist by now… dont you have any updated pics, BG??

Students? In shirts and cardigans? That’s a sign of the end times a-coming, surely?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

On the road again – tomorrow morning I fly out to my hometown of Christchurch in NZ. While my parents no longer live there, I have a brother and a sister, and their respective families there.
I have a leave of absence from work and will be hooking up with a project to clear and secure residential areas.
It’s hard to know what to pack.
Not the kind of homecoming I pictured, but then again I never actually expected to go back – and now I find it’s the one place I really have to be.
I’ll check in as often as possible, so keep up the excellent non-educational work.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

With a dental hygienist like Minetti, I’m sure Berlusconi would have loooooooooved his sweets.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Best of luck, Nosmo, and travel safe. We’ll be here when you get back.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

You and your family are in the OE thoughts… we hope to send you chuckles when you need them most…
I will try not to zap you, but it could make you laugh.. so, if you need one, just holler…

Nosmo: be safe. You’ve kept your home in your heart, in the memories of the people you care for. No quake will shatter that.

Chopper? Isn’t that a redesigned ‘cycle? I was wondering how everyone would fit on while still keeping the saddlebags to store the doughnuts.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Oh it’s ok, I can take a hint. The choppa has flown. It’s all good.

Now Putin might be the fastest draw but is it really necessary for him to brag about how much the other persons guts splattered? And is using an RPG fair?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

You’re a very good sport, ifly. You’ll be flying for Basler Airlines before you know it.

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/02/24/we-almost-always-land/

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I’ve always thought Vlad was the coolest. He should have been cast in True Grit. He’d win an Oscar for sure.

@Nosmo … thoughts and prayers with you. God speed.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Safe trip and good luck, Nosmo. Our hearts go out to all the folks of Christchurch in this time of need. (You may want to bring extra donuts.)

Posted by inebgreen | Report as abusive

@Nosmo – stay safe, and if you run into Peter Taplin, say hello – he’s on his way back there from Afghanistan.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

@Nosmo, safe travels, we will keep the bench warm and the dougnuts fresh for you!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Thanks Mr. B. Let me just make sure my life insurance policies are up to date first. :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Nosmo, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Nosmo, I can think of few people I’d rather have post apocalypse. Go get ‘em.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Anyone else notice how much that picture of Putin looks like the Yul Brynner automaton gunfighter in WestWorld?

Posted by TopCat2 | Report as abusive

Ah.. Silvio you didn’t make the offer.. :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Remember when our biggest problem was with the oral affairs of the president?

Posted by hamchief | Report as abusive

I’m “that guy,” Spin, described in your first 2 sentences. Part of the problem is that I’m also that guy who looks like he weighs half what he actually does and is twice as strong as he looks. But, I confess, I love putting big heavy-muscled condescending guys in their place by showing them that I’m actually much stronger than they are.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

My punch class would come in handy then…

Spin, the proper time to have done that was when I was in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Was that Putin I saw outside the Bellagio dressed like Superman? Posing for pictures at $10.00 a pop?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I had a teammate in college whose last name was “Super.” He was huge, and all muscle. One day at lunch during summer camp, he asked me if I had polio when I was child.

But Super was a pussycat compared to the toughest man I ever knew, my best friend in the military, Rios. He only weighed 150 pounds, but he bench pressed almost 3 times that. He was a boxer, and he did 1000 pushups and 1000 situps everyday. He once ran 4 marathons in 4 consecutive days! That was over 30 years ago. I wonder what he looks like now.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Lol…seems like I encountered my first Spam Filter comment. Oh well… let me retry and be a little less ‘specific’ maybe hehe.

Putin: Ey, Silvio, I got a gap THIS huge between my front teeth, do you know a good dentist?
Silvio: Ee..si` si`, looka here, see this? Minetti, my dentist, she fix it a few days ago.
Putin: Da! Good good. Got her number?
Silvio: oh…I got more than that…

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive