Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Maybe you can believe it, if it helps you to sleep…

March 7, 2011

OBAMA/

Blog Guy, I think I’m going mad! I woke up this morning and the radio was saying something about a “U.S. President Taylor.” Who the hell is that?

president taylor 300Where have you been for the last two years, buddy? They were talking about President James Taylor.

The singer? But this can’t be!

Look, for my money he’s doing a much better job than any of the other singing presidents did.

Do you want to return to the days of President Streisand or President Dylan? And don’t even get me started on President Garfunkel.

Singing presidents? I must still be asleep.

Look, I watched Taylor’s news conference myself this morning. Taylor promised emergency relief for those natural disasters in California.

CATSWhat disasters?

Fire and rain, of course. He also reaffirmed our support of Israel, telling them, “You’ve got a friend.”

Wait a minute, if this is all true, then…

What happened to President Socks?

Top and left: Singer James Taylor tries out the podium in the news briefing room at the White House after being presented the 2010 National Medal of Arts by President Barack Obama during ceremonies at the White House, March 2, 2011. REUTERS/Larry Downing

Right: White House first cat Socks hangs his paws over the edge of the podium in the media Briefing Room in a 1994 file photo. REUTERS

Comments

Socks: “Where’s my tailor?”
Taylor: “Here I am!”
Socks: “Not you, I meant tailor, someone who makes dresses! Look at me, I’m in the nude! Tailor, anyone?”
Taylor: “Well at least you got socks.”
Socks: “Don’t get me started on that or I’ll purrr-menantly have you erased from history!”
Taylor: “Well I thought…”
Socks: “You thought wrong!”
Taylor: “I see. You should try the OE Blog, it’s generally full of clothes… and salmon bars too!”
Socks: “mee-aw..salmon bars…sounds interesting!”

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

That is one HUGE medal… its more like a medallion… say, is that real gold?

President Socks and her driver, Toonces, arrived at the sushi bar after their limo crashed through the guard rail of the overpass and landed on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant. After dining, the pair were seen leaving the restaurant with Toonces humming “Walking My Baby Back Home.”

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@Malteser – FTW!

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Hehe ;)

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Nicely done Malt! I nearly snorted my Peppermint Tea!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I had a really good joke about this, and then I realised I was thinking of James Brown. Duh!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I smell a zapping!! Any volunteers to ask what a POTUS is? I know this one, but don’t pick me. I just did my hair and the zapping would make me look like Bart Simpson! :)

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

@Egeria: Next time you snort your tea, collect it back into a jar, let it ferment, and try to market it as some highly priced peppermint tea, give it a ‘kopi luwak’ kind of name, market it and you’ll be rich in no time.

Works for the civet crap at least… makes me wonder…maybe that zombie with the I Heart Crap badge loves this kind of brew!

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Malteser, POTUS is an abbreviation for President of the United States.

Say, what’s that burning smell?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

BG!! You’re educating the masses now? Didn’t expect you to answer the POTUS question. You really love the zapper don’t you? ;)

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive