Why, you two-timing son of a….

March 13, 2011

SWITZERLAND/

Blog Guy, it happened again today! The time changed overnight and I forgot to change my clocks, so I missed an important meeting. What do other people do to prevent this?

Most people I know just wear two wristwatches at all times, set one hour apart. So whether it’s Daylight Savings Time or not, one of them will still be correct.

two watches crop 320

Wait a minute. That sounds moronic. If you always wear two watches, then how do you ever know which one is right?

Most people I know stick colorful Post-It notes on the one that’s right, so they’ll know where to look.

But…but…but… This makes NO sense at all, even for your stupid blog!

Well, I guess you can also solve it the way my assistant, Lamar, did. He got a huge, permanent tattoo on his beefy forearm as a reminder.

Now see, that makes some sense. What does it say?

Spring back, fall forward…

Two watches are seen on the hand of Swiss President and Foreign Minister Micheline Calmy-Rey during a debate in the National Council during the spring parliament Session in Bern March 10, 2011. REUTERS/Pascal Lauener

Good morning, BG! Lose an hour and you still have the blog up early. Lamar must have set your alarm…

It almost looks like the Swiss Pres is wearing a man’s watch and a woman’s watch and he might have them chained together. Looks like something sparkly on his other wrist. Perhaps he sells watches on the side. Just rolls up his sleeve to show his customers. Ever so much nicer than whipping open a trench coat. You just never know what you will see when that happens!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Good morning, Onedoor. Actually I believe the Swiss Pres is a she, which helps explain the woman’s watch.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

that may explain the watch, BG, but what about the MAN HANDS??? Skinny, but man hands just the same.

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

My bad; but, she still looks like she is selling watches on the side. She might want to try selling watches in one of the slinky trench coats this fall. Just in time for the next time change!

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/03/11/fashion-has-its-ups-and-downs/

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

unca: well, that explains the honking big rock your gal Jennifer was wearing. She didn’t wear it to the last launching. Did you two have a tiff, or did you decide to use the jewel for the hippo’s collar?

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/03/12/it-smells-like-jennifer-has-bee n-here/

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

ultimate two timer….

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

How can this lady be the Swiss president AND the Foreign minister… is that even allowed??
And what doesnt even make sense is that both watches show the SAME time!!!!
Am I missing somethiing?? Am I losing the plot??
Is this another of those tricks of the White Hat Conspirers??

I need them,my medi-doughnuts!!!!!

Shra, I believe the point here is that I got you to turn your computer monitor upside-down and have a look to check the watches, and now it will take hours for the lava bits to settle again. Gotcha.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Oh yeah, Mr.B? Explain the sore neck i have then, from standing on my head then… that means, I turned MYSELF upside down… I am sending you all the bills my chiropractor sends me…

Time changes, diaper changes, whatever. Just wipe up after yourselves. :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Seems like the two watches explain the issue faced in this blog’s first three comments. Is it a she or a he? Well it IS a she, from what Bas and google confirm, but I guess the male-ish clock is to go with the man-hands GeorgiaPeach noticed. So it’s a he from hands up until the lady’s clock, and a she from that point onwards. Think of it as a weird looking swiss roll.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Shra is right. The hour hands are both between 12 and 1, and the minute hands are both between the 7 and 8.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:
Time flies like an arrow, and fruit flies like a banana.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

One for day time and the other is the night time, he just has to figure out if the big shiny thing in the sky is hot or cold. Then viola he has the right time!

Posted by Wheelz2 | Report as abusive

Thanks Nosmo.. I am glad to have you on my side…
Wheelz… its a woman!!!