Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Finally, a job for you bikers…

March 15, 2011

ducati bikers 490

Blog Guy, I’m hoping I can get some of your famous job-hunting advice. I’m a guy who likes to ride motorcycles.

Ah. Any other skills?

ducati models 320Absolutely none.

Well, normally I wouldn’t have much to offer someone with your, um, limited qualifications.

However, I just saw this photo, and the caption says these are bikers undressing models during a lingerie fashion show in Lebanon. Does that appeal to you?

Hmmmm. Lebanon is over there in Europe or someplace, right?

ducati crop 320I think so. You could check a map. Is there some part of theĀ  job description you aren’t clear on? Let me just repeat it: “Bikers undress models…”

Ah. Now I get it. So would I have to work weekends?

Top: Bikers undress models wearing Ducati suits during the K-Lynn lingerie fashion show in Faqra, Lebanon, March 13, 2011.

Right: A model presents a creation by K-Lynn lingerie as bikers park their Ducati motorbikes on the catwalk during a snow fashion show in Faqra, Lebanon, March 13, 2011.

REUTERS photos by Cynthia Karam

Comments

Charlie Sheen would be overqualified for this kind of job.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

…I, on the other hand, would be a quick learner!

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Coincidentally I am going to debut my new motorcycle this weekend! Hey, would any of the lovely OE ladies like to volunteer to model? ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Love the boots, Mr.B…
The guys are BOUND to love the rest…;)

A snow fashion show? That would explain the tall boots; I am sure the rest of the outfit would keep her toasty warm…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Malt: you are a man of many talents.

ifly: ride safely and enjoy the weekend.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Ride on, Shra. We’re bound to like the rest. Oh, I meant “Right on” sorry… Freudian slip…oh…there I go again… no pun intended with the ‘slip’ thing of course.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

LEGS… :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I could oblige… ;)

Course you’d oblige Shra, so long as the males looked like the fellows in this blog, ey?

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 10/10/06/you-gals-ready-for-somethin-rea l-goofy/

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Good to see they kept the helmets on. Safety first and all that.
Gotta say I would have expected that bikers undressing models would have involved more ripping, tearing and shredding.
Frankly, I’m just happy to be back home, where the ground doesn’t shake multiple times every day.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

The ripping and tearing is there already Nosmo – you just didn’t notice it yet. First picture, you see the piece of clothing on the floor? Do you genuinely believe that material is enough for the top layers that were already removed? I don’t think so. Evidence 1.

Evidence 2: Second pic, check the right leg – see the position. I bet she got her leg muscles ripped off, torn ligaments or else she really needs the bathroom.

Oh, and in her case, there’s no sign of trousers. She must have come back from a Belgian protest.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Lol!!! That was one drool worthy blog, Malt… ummm… good images floating in my head now… Thanks! :D

Mighty pale and fairly healthy, for models. Wish I could roll out the “hog” for the nice OE ladies to model on. It is way sexier than those high-falutin’ things.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Part of an actual conversation that took place in my office this afternoon between two of my male colleagues:
Rocket Scientist #1 – Hey, in that second picture. It’s that chick!
Rocket Scientist #2 – What? Yeah, yeah, that chick from that movie.
RS #1 – Right. That movie about those things.
RS #2 – Yeah. Robots or something.
RS #1 – She wasn’t a robot though, was she?
RS #2 – Nope. But her boyfriend was. Or something.
RS #1 – Oh yeah. That movie sucked.
RS #2 – Yeah, but she is really hot.
RS #1 – She sure is. What does that article say? Something about her being a lesbian?
RS #2 – No no. Something about her being in Lebannon.
RS #1 – Oh right, the country. It’s really hot there.
RS #2 – Yeah. Not as hot as her though.

I wish I could report that at some point it got any better after this, but it didn’t.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

You’ve made my day, Nosmo. That’s the demographic I’m after.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Good grin, Nosmo; welcome back! The tearing sound you hear could be velcro…

unca, scooters rock. As long as you and Georgette are happy, that’s all that matters.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Welcome back, Nosmo! RSes should know all about “hot”ness after all… :P
Cant help but think of the lyrics of a Shania Twain song… ;)

Glad to be back.
Anyplace where the ground doesn’t shake 11-17 times a day, you don’t have to boil the water before drinking it, and your car isn’t likely to be swallowed by a newly-formed sinkhole, is a good place to be.
I sustained some minor damage when an aftershock hit as I was on my mother’s roof making repairs. I didn’t so much fall off, rather the house actually dropped away from beneath me by a couple of inches, THEN I fell off the roof.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Nosmo: Ouch! Then you arrived home to the brilliant conversation about the model/actress not a robot. You really deserve extra doughnuts today.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Ouch… thats scary…
Did you fall on your “bums of steel”?
P.S: My friend came up with the term as we were doing squats last night during boxing class.. :D

Saturday’s forecast has been changed from sunny and nice to morning rain. That annoys me. But hey any ladies that wanna model can still come by for a dress rehearsal. ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

A guy can dream Unca, a guy can dream.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive