Give us a big smile, your majesty!

March 16, 2011

TRINIDAD/

Say, Blog Guy, whatever happened to that coveted position you used to write about, the Queen of the Entire World?

queen of world vertical 240I remember you used to tell us whenever someone new got the title, but that motorcycle chick in the gold lamé swimsuit and stilettos seems to have reigned for some time now.

Yeah, we’ve all been busy with other things, so thanks for reminding me.  It turns out there is a very good new candidate for the title.

Do tell!

How does this sound? Blue knit bikini, billowing aqua cape and a giant feathered headdress….

What about her shoes?

Uh, looks like silver, with ferns shooting out of her ankle straps.

Well go ahead and crown her, Blog Guy! What the heck are you waiting for?

Oops. Hold on. Time out. There may be another last-minute contender, just back from Ash Wednesday services.

Top: A masquerader from the band “Planet Rock” parades on stage at Queen’s Park Savannah, Port of Spain, Trinidad, March 8, 2011. REUTERS/Andrea De Silva

Right: Model presents a creation by Mexican actor and designer Jose Maria Torre at the Mercedes-Benz DFashion show in Mexico City March 9, 2011. REUTERS/Henry Romero

Okay… love the black dress… if only I had the legs… but yeah.. loving the boots…
Sighhh… I feel like going shoe shopping again, darn it!!

Samba Tango Brazillia whatever makes them wear that :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

So much pandering to us guys BG,…and to Shra of course with her love for shoes. I bet the ladies are getting a little jealous by now. Maybe you should feature Eugene again in your forthcoming posts to whet the ladies’ appetite too. As for the guys’, I’m confident we love birds.

Chicks, specifically. With blue feathers.

(PS: What’s up with the ash wednesday-ish cross on the model’s forehead lol)

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

I’m sorry but you can’t possibly expect to be Queen of The Entire World when you wear Bill Gates’ glasses from the 1980s, and snow boots.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Try to be a little more sensitive, Malteser. Shra has just revealed in her comment that she has no legs.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Malt…. we need more Mr.FAB Abs not Mr.FLAB Abs…
BG, you are the only one good to me…
Nosmo, I thought nerdy girls are supposed to be a huge turn-on… oops.. am I supposed to say that considering this is a “family” blog?

You know, I am planning to go to church tomorrow, and was going to wear green. Looking at the black dress makes me think black would be a safer bet. That way, when the lightning strikes me, the char will just blend in… I wonder if my boots will ground me?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

The blue knit bikini is certainly sufficient to attract males. Going with the cape and feathers is a bit overkill. Either way all hail the new Queen of the Entire World! :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@One … Wear silver. The lightning will bounce off you and hit the poor sap standing next to you. Remind me NOT to sit by you in church. :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

@CAM: Thanks for the advice; though I am not sure I have enough foil to whip up a dress by tomorrow morning.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Wow. Mardi Gras is nothing like that in New England.

But BG, when you said, “Queen of the Entire World”, I expected another Kate Middleton photo shot. Isn’t she the soon-to-be-queen-of-the-world?

As for the Ash Cross on the model’s forehead, the show for that line was on Ash Wednesday, so it seems in line with the theme of the day.

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

@Shra – I guess with the snowboots, she’s Canadian. In which case to be truly a turn-on, she needs to have a plate of Poutine in one hand, and a jug of Maple Syrup in the other.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I vote for the feathered lady. Nice plumage.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Ooh, I thought it had something to do with the Badger… the ex-newspaper.. get your minds outta the gutter…

Doesn’t Charlie Manson have the same sort of mark on his forehead as #2 there? She does look like a contender for “Psycho Queen of the Entire World” – Those quiet types are always the ones that end up pullin’ a carving knife outta their knee-highs and going postal on ya!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

That comes pretty close to teaching, Unca, but I’ll let Shra be the judge…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@Unca, aren’t there lawyers out there somewhere still trying to decide what the definition of “is” is? Or is that case closed?

At second glance I thought the second chickie could pass for Hermione Granger at the Hogwarts 10 year renunion. The black ash is a permenant scar left from her use of the “Ugly Ducking to Swan” spell on herself.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I used to date a girl called Mercedes. She drove me round D Benz.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Back when Mercedes-Benz bought Chrysler-Willys-Overland, there were rumors that the merged companies would be renamed Chrysler-Benz-Over.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Jazz, is that the voice of experence?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Given what BG did not show us back on the Rio carnival series, I suspect this queen thing has been rigged. I think we should have a recount and full disclosure by all the candidates.

Posted by ARJTurgot2 | Report as abusive

@ARJTurgot2, perhaps it has but who’s gonna complain considering the results? ;)

One thing that has not been rigged, at least properly, is Her Highnesses head gear which I have just noticed is about to fall off.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Royal arm helpers? Give me one day and I can find you 200,000 applicants for that job, and that’s even if it doesn’t pay anything.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Seriously BG, thats a huge number… Ok, you are given one day… I want to see the 200,000 applications on my desk tomorrow morning… and NO excuses…
If you dont…then you have to show up at an University of Wisconsin Alumni convention in your goofy museum regalia…
What say, OE commentators?