Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

I’m not a princess, but I play one on TV

March 18, 2011

kate actress combo

Blog Guy, it’s me, the dude who’s addicted to Prince William’s fiancée, Kate Middleton. I need another fix.

Sorry pal, she hasn’t been out in public recently. I can’t help you.

You must have something. You’re the one who got us all hooked. I need it real bad!

kate crop 260I was afraid of this. Okay, here are pictures of an actress and actor starring in a TV movie next month called “William & Kate.” Does that  help at all?

I’ve never seen those people before. They’re not real actors.

They are so. She played Tiffany on “Days of our Lives” and he was Blond Russian #1 on “NCIS: Los Angeles.”

Oh sorry, I stand corrected. I was just afraid for a moment that this might be a low-rent, cheesy production made on the cheap to exploit the grotesque public interest in the wedding.

Look, I do feel your pain. I’ve dipped into my files, and here on the right is an actual photo of the real Kate for you.

Seriously? So, you got any more pictures of that cute actress?

Top: Actor Nico Evers-Swindell portrays Prince William and actress Camilla Luddington portrays Kate Middleton in the movie “William & Kate” in this undated publicity photograph. REUTERS/Jack Zeman 2011 Lifetime Entertainment Services, LLC, All Rights Reserved/Handout

Right: Kate Middleton reacts while watching racing on the final day of the Cheltenham Festival horse racing in Gloucestershire, western England, March 16, 2007. REUTERS/Eddie Keogh

Comments

Do they have a school for learning how to pull royal goofy faces, or is that a genetically encoded thing?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

And I am back!!! See, this is what I mean by over-dose…

Thanks, BG. It’s nice to have a goofy face after yesterday’s disquieting blog moment (I know what the lime is for, unfortunately).

Only 42 days until the royal wedding, and only 43 days until the first candid pictures of their honeymoon hit the tabloids.

Unlike the hoopla over Diana, which happened when I was a teen, I’m actually looking forward to seeing more of Kate. I think part of it is that the didn’t have to be a “certified virgin” like Diana. William is lucky to have her. And, if they make contributions to the Goofy Face Museum, so much the better!

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

Is this dude who is addicted to Kate Middleton the same dude who just spent 78,000 pounds on the dress she wore during that fateful fashion show? Oh I am sure he is gonna say he bought it as an investment that he is hoping will appreciate in value over time and not because he is a creeper or anything. Certainly not cause he is a creeper. Nope, not at all.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

why goofy pictures of lovely Kate..why why why.. :(

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

skeres, u actually know how many days it is to the wedding… wow!

Yeah, I’m thinkin’ Skeres is a security risk if ever there was one…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Spin…glad i wasn’t the only one to see the irony in the Camilla-Kate thingy hehehe…

Prince Charles: “Hmm…THAT Camilla actually looks better… I wonder if I could play my son’s part in the movie…There are resemblances after all…I AM his father…”

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Baby sitting on my lap saw Kate’s face and cried. No joke. Can she get an award for have a baby-scaring face? Maybe he just knows the dangers of a Kate-overdose, and is warning me away…

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Certified Virgins? This is just weird.

BG: it is FRIDAY! Can we have something silly and non-royal?

Doughnuts. Not green, not royal, just doughnuts!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Gosh darn, I want into this haiku craze that is sweeping the country:

Kate Mid-dle-ton (five)
Prince Will (seven in this line)
(and five) a haiku!

Spin, be merciful: it’s my first opus.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

My sister was supposed to get that part! :-( Why, why, why. (flashback to Nancy K)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Unca: CONGRATULATIONS! That is wonderful news!

Thanks for making me feel gorgeous today, I needed that.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Class, most of these are NOT haiku, and Haiku U. may take away our accreditation. I hope you’re happy.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I’m a “doctor” twice over, Unca, just not a doctor in a medical field.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

@BG – Haiku U??? The real question is: will the WI Alumni Association cease and desist, or will they continue to badger you? ;)
http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 10/10/18/six-letter-word-means-to-pester -or-nag/

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Look, it’s easy to spot a real haiku. It’s five lines, and it starts with something like, “There once was a man from Nantucket…”

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

If peoplehere are getting in Haiku,I am getting into Limericks…:D

@Unca, I whole heartedly agree with #8! And don’t forget the Dave lives in a cave with a goat. Although it is still unsure is the goat has a license to kill also.

Congrats on being anti-leukemi! That’s a mighty fine super power to have. :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Sigh. Actually, Mr. Spam Filter told me he almost snipped #8 because that’s not what this blog is about, but he was so happy for Unca that he decided to let it slide just this once.

Mr. Spam Filter says he won’t be so generous next time.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive