Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Another tragic thinking mishap…

March 20, 2011

UKRAINE-FASHION/

Lamar!

What is it this time, Boss?

There’s smoke coming out of that model’s hair out there on the runway! What’s wrong with her?

UKRAINE-FASHION/I guess that’s my fault, Boss. She was looking for something to read backstage, so I showed her those Reuters Analysis and Opinion things, on my iPad.

Not the ones intended for smart people! Don’t tell me you showed her THOSE!

She seemed to enjoy them, Boss. You know, Felix Salmon, Linda Stern, John Abell, Bernd Debusmann

Debusmann? That smart guy in the black turtleneck? Oh no! Then what?

Then she said, “My brain, it feels kind of funny,” and that’s when the smoke started coming out of her head. You think folks will notice?

Yeah Lamar, smoking brains always attract a crowd. Drag her off the runway now, and show her that Oddly Enough blog. It’s the only cure

You’re sure she won’t learn anything from that one, Boss?

Not a chance. They guarantee it.

A model presents a creation by Ukrainian designer Volodymyr Podolyan during Ukrainian Fashion Week in Kiev March 18, 2011. REUTERS/Gleb Garanich

Comments

I don’t know if zombies like cooked brains. I think they like them raw.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

BG: Grateful for the headline, as I’d just glanced at the top photo. Originally thought she’d gone overboard with the “Something About Mary Styling Gel.”

All this time I thought smoke came out of the ears.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I think she’s just steaming mad because they sent her out on the runway wearing a misbuttoned sweater and a ring of industrial pipe around her neck. I’d be pretty sulky myself: yesterday’s dudes got to hide in hooded bathrobes.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

You know, if I was walking around with my hair and clothes like that, I couldn’t keep a straight face. I’d be laughing my a** off!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Surely smoked brains = zombie delicacy?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I kinda like her shirt. But her makeup, not so much. The smoke wisps are a unique touch, though. Her hair, it’s smmmmokin!

Posted by vwgal | Report as abusive

So really the whole point of the blog is that Lamar should not be in possesion of an iPad in the first place. Do you all now see how technology when in the wrong hands can produce such catastrophic results? Use your iPads responsibly people, for a safer tomorrow!

This public service announcement was brought to you by the Oddly Enough blog. Which everyone should read. Every day. Then join the Oddly Enough blog network.

Yes that means you. Join us…er I mean it. Join it. Now.

Here have a doughnut.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

See, thats the reason I tell you guys learning or teaching is NOT allowed here… I care for your hair… in case, you lack it, then for your head…
I do this for your own good…
Peace!

I’m amazed you didn’t recognise this lady. She’s the candle guy (Lumiere)’s wife from Disney’s Beauty & Beast.
http://www.tripletsandus.com/disney/Beau ty-Beast/characters/lumiere.gif

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

You stone cold gotta lava the volcano hairdo.
It’s really hot.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

This zombie loves to smoke some :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Where did the other half of my comment go? I feel robbed, I had this whole story written about how the hair came to be and so on. I feel like I need some consolation now. Donuts, anyone?

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Mr. Spam Filter must be in a very bad mood this morning. Good thing he doesn’t know where you live.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

The OE Blog – approved containment facilty for over-thinkers since … well we don’t remember, but it has to be at least a month, maybe even four weeks.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Mr. Spam Filter is a bad guy. Take his donuts away. :’(

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Awww!!! Poor Malt!! there, you can have some malteser topped doughnuts… Everyone else, HANDS OFF!!

Zombie brains: Smoke ‘em if you got ‘em!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

@Malteser, oh no no don’t cross paths with Mr. Spam Filter. Mr. Spam Filter is stern yes, but quite fair. Would not mess with the doughnuts mate. No good could come from that.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Thanks for the donuts and the warnings. Will keep myself below Mr. SF’s radar from now on.

W!ll b3 us!ng $0m3 tr!ck$ !n the way ! wr!t3 my m3ssag3$. H0p3fully th3 !d3a g03s thr0ugh.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Don’t bother, Malteser. Mr. Spam Filter is way ahead of you.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Spin, I think the model said.. “here we go again.. another weirdo designer…”(rolled her eyes and fell asleep)