Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Juicy fruits in our birthday suits?

March 23, 2011

UKRAINE-FASHION/

Sit down, sir. As your neighborhood bank manager I appreciate you coming to us for your small business loan. Now, tell me a little about your idea.

It’s pretty simple. I plan to launch Lamar’s Buck Naked Door-to-Door Fruit.

naked fruit crop 240Excuse me? The fruit is naked?

No, the people selling it are. We have a naked man and woman deliver fruit to your house in wheelbarrows. It’s never been done before.

Perhaps there’s a good reason for that.

Anyway, they’re selling apples and oranges… No bananas, or melons, too much risk of double entendre with those. We’ve done our homework, and we think we’ll make a fortune.

Really? How much can you sell oranges for, anyway?

Oh, we give those away.

Then how do you make your money?

The woman delivers the apples, and those are $1,000 each.

Put me down for one a day, Lamar. Here’s your bank loan.

Models present creations by Ukrainian designer Oleksiy Zalevskiy during Ukrainian Fashion Week in Kiev March 18, 2011. REUTERS/Gleb Garanich

Comments

Creations? Which part of that photo is a creation? The skull cup? Or the tree branches. Maybe the wheel barrows? I’m in desperate need of donuts, and there is no Tim Hortons close by in Kabul. Saaaayyyy, you guys think you could convince the Navy to equip a tomahawk with donuts and send it my way?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

@Dave: At least they said “creations” and not “ready to wear” line. Wish we could send you a lots of dougnuts.

Maybe the woman is researching her family tree…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

The dude really should have checked into whether he was supposed to wear a skull cap or a skull cup before attending services.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Finding them behind your door on Halloween could give the phrase “Trick or Treat” a whole new meaning.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I am mentally banging my fist on the desk as I laugh hysterically at the guy…
If I had been at that fashion show, I would have to be thrown out… and I would still be laughing….

BG, you don’t know how to post a decent close-up, do you? ;-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

@DnD … Loaded and launched, impact in 5..4..3..2.. :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

@Dave, would you be wanting naked doughnuts, or would you prefer their modesty be covered by some kind of glaze?

By the way, the dude in the picture has a really awful moustache, he should have gone nude.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Nosmo: Yep, the moustache does nothing for the dude. And is that an albino leach on his shoulder?

@Shra: We’d have been tossed out together had we been there! They should have given him some cross bones and he would have been flying his Jolly Roger. Yes, Mr. Spam Filter, I am trying to behave. But that ia really one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Mr. B. very creative on the censor bars there. Someone is learning Photoshop eh? ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oh, and in case they were trying to create Adam and Eve… hehe… oh well…they havent.. hehe…really managed.. teeheehe… to do that…
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

@Shra: I’d like an Eve like that :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I want it noted that the [below linked] Reuters story on heart risk was incorrectly assigned to the Health area, although there was a cross-link to Oddly Enough.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/2 2/us-heart-exercise-idUSTRE72L6KR2011032 2

I did file a protest.

Posted by ARJTurgot2 | Report as abusive

Lol! I bet, you would, fwd.. waht does Mrs.fwd have to say about that? ;)

ARJ, what kind of protest was it?

@ARJTurgot2, and talk about headlines that go overboard!

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/03/22/give-your-money-to-me/

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Now that you mention it Spin, once I look away from the skull cap (LOL), he does have a good body…

Shra…look (no) SHOOOOES! Tragic!

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

I presume those are navel oranges. ;-O

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Malt, believe me, I didnt even look at the fruits… ;)

OK, I’m worried about Mr B. Normally, on weekdays, he favours us with TWO posts. Today there’s only one. Just tell us you’re alright, Mr B, and all is forgiven.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

I’d love to see a pic of the faces in the audience as they walked out. THAT would make it into the Goofy Face Museum for sure. :-0

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

I’m great, thanks for asking, ladylala. I had another one ready to go but everybody seemed to be having fun with Lamar’s business venture, so I decided less is more.

I’ll be back with two tomorrow, including one of those insane word play items…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Oh, Mr B, thanks to your assurance, I have snuffed the votive candles I had lit for you. Certainly I understand that any venture involving my Lamar garners mass attention. How could it not?

Nevertheless, I am fretful. You misrepresent my Lamar’s latest enterprise. Your post suggests he has a profit motive: Nothing could be further from the truth.

Often the dear boy has whispered in my ear his ardent desire to bring organic foods to every household. Once, in his passion, he suggested, an effective, if unusual, marketing strategy. Please don’t mock it. It worked just fine that evening.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Oh ladylala, why is it the good chicks always fall hard for the bad boys like lamar? he’s just rough trade…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Funny, until I started reading the comments, I hadn’t noticed the guy’s mustache. Actually, I hadn’t noticed him.

Lady – Is that by any chance you, helping Lamar in his venture?

Posted by inebgreen | Report as abusive

@inebgreen: You have exposed me, as it were. Yep, that’s me in the photo. Just want you to know, it was a bad hair day. Normally my long silky tresses cascade smoothly over my shoulders and hide my ample charms. Thanks for asking.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

@Shra: hehe you love to bring me back to Earth :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Ladylala, I’m happy to announce you’ve won an unpaid summer internship here at the Oddly Enough blog office. Details to follow…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@ladylala, why do you look so forlorn? Has a pebble taken up residence between your toes that is causing you discomfort and all you can think about it returning home with your beau Lamar for a nice foot massage?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Lady, if that is really you, I apologise for laughing at Lamar… if that is really Lamar…

Ooh, nice wheelbarrows!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I believe that would enhance the overall “originality” of the outfit, Spin…

Is that really a skullcup? It seemed more like a bonehead to me.

Posted by flamenquito | Report as abusive

flamenquito – good one! ;)

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive