Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Hang on, we’re goin’ over a bump!

March 29, 2011

LIBYA/

Blog Guy, you’ve written a lot about those Government Death Panels. I was wondering, do they have special vehicles I should watch for in case they stop at my house?

Some do, but most of them just travel in their own cars and put in for mileage.

LIBYA/Then how do they carry the weapons they use in their job?

Well, you can hang on to them from the window of a sedan, or if you have rifles you can stick them out the sunroof, er, gun roof.

Wow, so those panels really are a reality now, just like Sarah Palin warned. I suppose I should think about what my very last words will be. Any suggestions?

Sure. How about, “Hang on to that rocket launcher, Lonnie, I’m pullin’ into this gas station…”

Top: A rebel fighter with a rocket launcher waits to refuel at a gas station in Alaguila, Libya, as rebels moved towards the new front line, March 27, 2011.

Right: A boy holds a rifle as his family takes part in celebrations on the western outskirts of the town of Ajdabiyah, Libya, March 26, 2011.

REUTERS photos by Andrew Winning

Comments

Always sad to see people have to take up weapons to get their basic rights :-( ah well..

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

You know, I feel pretty much the same as that guy, each time I have to fill up at the gas station these days.

If they’re going to rob me, the least they could do is wear ski masks over their faces when they take my money.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Great. More options to figure out on the new cars.
“Honey, can I change the radio station?”
“Sure, just don’t touch…”
“GAH! Nevermind.”

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

The creative guys in the junk yards will be able to put together some great vehicles out of the old rides.
The Buick Bazooka
The Lincoln Launcher
The Chevy Cruise(missile)
But I really think the panel members are driving around in old Demons.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

There was a signboard on a petrol pump in the area I stayed in India.
It said (loosely translated)…
“Please turn off your mobile phones while at the pump. Your life may not be valuable, petrol sure is. Thank you.”

Nice one, One! Welcome back, Shra!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Since when did Wolverine start wearing camos and using a rocket launcher?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

wow…talk about a drive by!

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

If you are going to “flag” a gas station, why piddle around with small arms?

I’m wondering if that kid is holding a fashionable Dane gun. That picture is proof that liberty does not necessarily entail wisdom.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Inevitable… the next step in the evolution of road rage.

Posted by ARJTurgot2 | Report as abusive

Mr.Pilot, if that is what Wolverine looks like when he grows old, I am disappointed…
On the other hand, Hugh Jackman looks amazingly like a young Clint Eastwood…

Or maybe I have been watching too many westerns lately…

Whose got the medidonuts??

Has it actually been confirmed that is a rocket launcher and not some sort of super-bong? I mean that guy looks awfully giddy to be handling such artillery around a gas station.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Yeah Spin, how come he hasn’t got an AK like all the other child soliders?

Did anyone else catch that news story about some guy dying of carbon monoxide poisoning in his car at a petrol station from the fumes from the open fire he had in it?!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

@ifly: he looks like a Wolfman to me.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

in the car with the kid holding a rifle…no worries about those kids. All but one is giving the peace sign (and he may be…can’t tell ’cause his back is to the camera). Just a group of fun loving youngsters out for a drive. :P

Join the OE Blog Network – no weapons required!

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

@Onedoor – do you think he’s listening to “Clap for the Wolfman” on the radio (with the bass turned really high)?

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Looks like Rijhid found about the new in n out burger in down town Bagdad.

Upon arriving he found himself very disapointed they had plenty of burgers but the chocolate goats milk shake machine had broken down.
Due to a lack of a 1 800 customer survey number Rijhid to matter in to his own hands.
They are curently down for remodeling but will be having a Grand re-opening soon.

On the bright side Tim Hortons had plenty sprinkle doughnuts.

Posted by Wheelz2 | Report as abusive

hmmm…Wheelz has a good point.

BG, if you do decide to open a GFM&DS branch in that part of the world, you may want to have Lamar start working on rocket launcher proof glass NOW.

How is Lamar with chemistry and molecular structure? A bright guy like Lamar…
“hey, boss. I tried finding that Polly Carbonate you asked about, but nobody seems to know her.”

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Jajajaja, I just remember 007 and his cars, when I was a litle “several” years ago, the only matter on my mind was how i put some weapons in my family SUV!! I try put some oil and distraction tag but luck for me I never figured out how??
But i think less imagination and more motivation make the diference, I´m not a pacifist and I´m sure that I will do more than play with a rocket launchers and gun, but children NEVER have to figth, NEVER, because they are the seed for a peaceful country, and if we the adults pollute his souls, we are make they suffer the same mistake, and if nobody know what is that mistake, well is no more that put violence for fix our difference.

Posted by Gaston_E | Report as abusive