Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

When pensive gets expensive…

April 1, 2011

fashion one foot combo 490

Okay Lamar, the big day has arrived! For once, we’re spending some real money on supermodels for our fashion show, and you’ll see what a difference quality can make.

Now, did you teach them the subtle moves I asked for?

victoria kiss combo 340You bet, Boss. Two of them have mastered the intricate “Stand on one stiletto, lift the other foot and smile” maneuver.

Bravo, Lamar! That may be the most complex move in the business! Perfecto!

Now, how about the next one, blowing endless air kisses while making each one look fresh, sincere and spontaneous?

Got it, boss. Look at her! The great ones make it seem so effortless.

victoria worry crop 260And what about the biggie, Lamar? Did you drive home to them that they must never look serious, and never appear to be thinking about anything? Do they understand that?

They sure do, Boss. These chicks are…

Lamar! What’s up with that one? My God, what’s going on? She looks worried!

Gee Boss, I just told her Lagos is the largest city in sub-Saharan Africa, with more than eight million people and serious waste management issues…

Come here Lamar, and bring me one of those stilettos….

Top left: Celebrity socialite Paris Hilton poses during a promotional event for her shoe collection in Mexico City, March 29, 2011. REUTERS/Henry Romero

Other shots: Models pose during a media opportunity to celebrate the launch of the 2011 Victoria’s Secret Swim collection in West Hollywood, California, March 30, 2011. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

Comments

You lift your right foot up,
You blow an air kiss out,
You put your right foot down
and then you turn yourself about.
You do the hokey pokey
with the runway strut
and that’s what it’s all about!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Flamingo Prancers…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

You know I always thought that models were never real human beings, but were in fact a model of one – hence the name.
When I look at these photos, for some reason the word ‘vacuous’ springs readily to mind.
Yes, I’m, grouchy today. Sustained a leg injury yesterday and need urgent doughnut and coffee infusion.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I see 2 pairs of shoessssss!!!
One, you have me in stitches all the time!!
Nosmo, a doughnut a day keeps the grouchiness away!!!

Oh and btw, what exactly is a secret swim collection? All the swimwear is secret????

Oh, and I can see the ribs of that second model from the side angle… jeez!!!
When will they learn to eat!! (writing this while gobbling down my 2nd chicken tikka lattice… to be followed by a sugar glazed chocolate doughnut… yummm!)

Good old VS
needs a kiss

who is to blame?
the super fame?

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

What, no Kate Middleton? The wedding is four weeks from today!

Anyway, cute pictures. I always like the models smiling. And I like how Paris knew where to stand to get the foot light to shine right up her … shoe. :)

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

OOOWWW! My head hurts from all the info-overload about Lagos. Shra, is Mr B allowed to do that?

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Putting a Paris Hilton pic next to a VS model pic is like parking a Pinto next to a Ferrari.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Happy-go-lucky
models do the flamingo
prance in their high heels

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

@ifly – I was thinking more like a Matador, but Pinto works too.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

@Nosmo: Poor baby ~ extra doughnuts and be careful of the leg. Hey! Maybe you can do the model pose, standing on your good leg!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Skeres said: “What, no Kate Middleton? The wedding is four weeks from today!”

I think it’s time to prepare the Wine-A-Bago for an OE roadtrip to the wedding. BG…how many guests does your invitation say you can bring? http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/03/01/merlot-on-the-go/

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

I think the leg-up pose is entirely inappropriate. I’m thinking maybe posed on all fours . . . and posed with an empty energy drink left on the lower back by someone. . . .

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

HEY! Why is Cam’s sister next to the pink lawn ornament?

Posted by Wheelz2 | Report as abusive

Damn you, Ladylala! So now I have to pay for my vast knowledge of Nigeria? I came by it honestly enough, helping a prince get $40 million out of the country.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Paris Hilton impresses me. How does someone with that much money manage to look so cheap?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Lady, well, he didnt say that much did he… ?