Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Earn big money with a familiar face?

April 2, 2011

BRITAIN/

Blog Guy, I notice you wrote about a Joe DiMaggio lookalike yesterday.

The lookalike game intrigues me. Can you provide some details, so I can see if I might want to pursue a career at that?

faux wedding vertical 220Sure, but who do you look like?

Me? Nobody yet, but I figured I’d take some courses or something.

Well, I think it helps if nature gives you a head start.

Like see, the people in these photos here look like Prince William and his fiancée, Kate Middleton, so they’re in for a great ride, eating free fried chicken at places that comp meals for members of the royal family.

But who hires lookalikes?

Lots of people. Journalists, for starters.

We shot this entire William and Kate lookalike wedding in London yesterday, totally bypassing the hassle of having to go to the real thing. Now we’ve got hundreds of shots ready to go when the big day comes, and we can just stay at home and drink good single malt Scotch!

BRITAIN/Damn! I SO want in on that! How do you know so much about the lookalike business, anyway?

I myself have hired a very expensive lookalike, whose photo appears with my blog.  This way, nobody knows what I really look like.

But if he’s really a lookalike, don’t you look like that guy?

Oh, crap…

Lookalike wedding slideshow

Top: Lookalikes of Kate Middleton, Britain’s Prince William and Queen Elizabeth eat chicken in a fast food store during a media event in London, April 1, 2011.

Left and right: Lookalikes pose for photographers as they arrive for a book signing event at a bookshop, in London, April 1, 2011.

REUTERS photos by Stefan Wermuth

Comments

That’s just goofy. Glad to see you put “stupid” as a key word for this one.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

KFC: Kate Fancies Chicken!

Come on Lookalike Queen, get that pinky all the way up!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Wills has a second job! London Fried Chicken is now using his image instead of an old colonel to attract the younger market. All the greasy fried chicken he can eat is one of the perks.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

BG: if that was the whole fake wedding thingy, does that mean Will and Kate are having their reception at a fast food joint?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Well, both Burger King and Dairy Queen would seem appropriate, no?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Be part of the Doppel Gang-er: Join the OE Blog Network!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

BG: More than appropriate and I think you’ve got the line for the day!

Doughnuts with royal icing for all!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Mr B, I know I speak for all the blog-ladies: your look-alike is real cute.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Twenty-seven days until the wedding, and we get lookalikes???

I want more of the REAL Kate!!

But, there’s only one problem with the scheme, boys. You won’t have Kate in her real wedding dress!

Oh, well, I hope these two lookalikes have a wonderful lookalike life together.

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

BG: Considering how highly ladylala thinks of Lamar, you should consider her remark high praise, indeed.

lady, I’ll second that notion! Do you suppose his look-alike is a ghost writer for him, too?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I don’t mean to be unkind–seriously–but doesn’t Prince W’s double look a whole lot more like Princess Anne? (Picture the double in an up-do coif and waving.)

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Surely Ms Middleton won’t really be going for the “pig in a meringue” style of wedding dress?!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

If Kentucky can have a Colonel, why not have a Prince\Princess of chicken nuggets??? HRM of strips n chips?

Posted by Wheelz2 | Report as abusive

Ah the fun life of lookalikes…I’m glad they don’t have any self respect :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

This is getting way too obsessive of you, BG….

I would have thought that the Windsors would order a Chicken Royale not a Bargain Bucket.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive