Darn, I’d forget my blouse if it wasn’t…

April 6, 2011

preoccupied head 490

Lamar, did you manage to get us some more cut-rate models for the fashion show?  I know you’ve saved money in the past by using the criminally insane, the extremely sullen, zombies….

RUSSIA/This time I have a real good feeling, boss. My shrink gave me some names of women in his Forgetful and Absent-Minded Therapy Group, and they look pretty presentable.

So? How does that help us, Lamar?

Don’t you get it, Boss? They do the fashion show for us, they immediately forget about it, and we don’t pay them anything!

I don’t know about that, Lamar.

Trust me, Boss, look, the show is starting now. Oops, I guess that first one absent-mindedly forgot to stop zipping up before she covered her face…

Lamar! That next one totally forgot to put on her blouse!

GEORGIA/Boss, we can fix that with one of those salmon-colored rectangles….

This is a complete disaster, Lamar! At the rate they’re going, the next model will be wearing her dress backwards!

Oh, don’t be such a drama queen, Boss! What are the chances of that?

Top: A model presents a creation by the prize winners of the Russian Silhouette youth fashion contest during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia in Moscow, April 4, 2011. REUTERS/Sergei Karpukhin

Left: A model presents a creation by Russian designer Konstantin Gayday during fashion week in Moscow, April 4, 2011. REUTERS/Sergei Karpukhin

Right: A model presents a creation by Georgian designer Anka Nanitashvili during Georgian Fashion Week in Tbilisi, April 2, 2011. REUTERS/David Mdzinarishvili

How very generous of the salmon-bar designers to only cover a small bit of t..!! Nice trousers.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Oh and one more thing – is that model in the last pic with her back to the photographer, or is that the elephant man?

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/02/08/yeah-baby-i-used-to-be-famous/

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

@Malteser, dunno if the salmon-bar designers are being s generous considering there is only a small bit to have to cover.

That dude in the first pic looks like a rejected anime character. And yes, it’s a dude.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Really Spin??? Hey, can we get her to sing, “My Heart Will Go On”??
(laughing devilishly coz she knows this song is gonna be stuck in someone’s head for the rest of the day)…

It’s about time Chia pets get the fashion choices they deserve!

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Be nice to have that outfit in the top photo for when I get up in the morning…

Posted by slick9 | Report as abusive

You just know that the second one is thinking “I’m gonna go hermatile on the next one that wolf whistles!”

Isn’t #3 Hulga Fekrat? I’d recognize those calves anywhere!

BTW, I’ve found the next sensation for the Doughnut Shoppe: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Doughnut-Muf fins. Even more room for the Xanax sprinkles!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

I give the designer credit for incorporating a salmon-colored rectangle into the design of the coat.

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

@Malt – yeah, those are not exactly shapely calves she’s sporting.

At least Lamar didn’t get the models from Krasnoyarsk this time…

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

@Spin, you sure it’s not “seen hair” as in “seen better days”?

@Jazz, I am gonna have to look up “hermatile” when I get home. Sounds like a fun word to use around the office.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ok, I admit I looked up “hermatile”. But you can’t zap me, Shra, because it’s not in my fat dictionary, so I learned nuttin’. Still want to know what it means, though.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

According to the Urban Dictionary:

Acting disproportionately crazy to a situation; running amok and generally reacting badly

Percival went hermatile when his tuna sandwich came up missing from the snack room refrigerator and had to be sedated and take a paid day off.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@ifly, I’d be happy to explain it to you, but Shra seems to be kinda zap-happy today…

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

The dude in the first photo is from the Bazooka Joe comics. I know, most of this crowd is much to young to remember…

The model in photo 2 is dressed for comfort.

The model in photo 3 has me wondering if anyone will notice if I wear my dress backwards. While it would be like having two outfits for the price of one, I’m not sure I could move my arms freely. It would become a formal straight jacket. Hmmmm….

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Or too young, if I were typing correctly. Darn straight jacket!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

(Sung to the tune of Zippity Doo Dah)
Zappity doo day, zappity day.
If you learn something
Well you’d better not say
Zappity doo dah, zappity day.

There’s a doughnut waiting for you
It’s so freah
With sprinkles
A smile will soon replace frown wrinkles.
Zappity doo dah
Zappity day
I may have learned something
Zappity daDAY! Ouch…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

BG, your turn to be zapppped!!!
You were literally begging for it, werent you???

#3 has me wondering. Is she wearing a blouse backwards, or is she wearing two of them buttoned side-to-side? Only way to know is to see the front. RB, do you think you can ask Lamar for an extra shot?

Posted by grok | Report as abusive

Onedoor, absolutely brilliant. The comment of the week.

Shra, I tricked you. I bought a Williams-Sonoma Home Zap Guard yesterday, $299.99….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Where’s my comment? Damn I don’t even remember what I wrote! LOL :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Can Pervical really be blamed though? Come on it was a tuna sammich!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

That’s my sister! She’s at that age where she’s rebelling against everything. Wearing clothes backwards, eating funny doughnuts, anything to attract attention. Wait til Mom’s sees this!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

That Lamar! I know he was only trying to save money, but he really shouldn’t have taken the lightbulbs out of the dressing rooms.
Just look at that poor second model – she looks REALLY unhappy at not being fully dressed, and as for the third one, how embarrassed is she about not getting the garment on the right way round?
The poor things all need a doughnut and a grope, err group, hug.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

You forget BG, nothing, absolutely nothing can protect you from my zap!

No, not even that Spin… I have had it up until here (way above her head) with word play!

[...] expensive fashion show to put on today, and our label is in the toilet. Have you found any more ways to save money? We just can’t afford a first class runway [...]