I couldn’t pick out that guy in a line-up!

April 10, 2011

SPAIN/

Blog Guy, my favorite actor is Antonio Banderas. He is SO dreamy! I love him! Can you please, please run a photo of him in your blog for all his fans?

SPAIN/Sure, my pleasure. Here he is in Málaga, Spain, a couple of days ago for Holy Week. Enjoy.

Um, I hate to complain Blog Guy, but all I can see is his eyes and hair.

That’s not true. You do also get to see his finger. Look, here on the left is another shot you may enjoy more.

But there’s a microphone in front of his mouth, and he only takes up a tiny portion of the shot.

Yes, that is to symbolize how small man is compared with the majesty of Holy Week.

Well…do you have any shots that symbolize how hunky Banderas is when there’s nothing covering his face?

SPAIN/

Gosh, let me keep looking. Ah, here’s one. Let me ask you this. Do the lights have to be on?

Top and left: Spanish actor and director Antonio Banderas speaks during a news conference in Málaga, southern Spain, April 8, 2011.

Right: Banderas delivers a traditional speech known as the “Pregon” on stage during the year’s Malaga Holy Week opening at Cervantes Theater in Málaga, April 9, 2011.

REUTERS photos by Jon Nazca

Top photo: Antonio Banderas doing his “Kilroy was here” impression.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I’m not sure about the lights out thing. I know a few women who would gladly try to identify him hands on…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

At first glance, in the second photo poster, it appeared there were strategically placed travel gnomes. That is so NOT a good thought for Sunday and YOUCH! Pardon me while I brush the ashes off…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Kilroy. Nice one, Onedoor. Not our first foray into the world of Kilroy…

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 10/09/30/one-picture-is-worth-two-or-thr ee-words/

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Just went back and read that blog, BG, and the comments were pretty funny.

It also reminded me to always read the fine print, should the opportunity ever arise to get my soul back. Now all the random thoughts and lighting strikes are making sense.

Doughnuts for all!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

It is said that to overcome the fear of public speaking one should imagine the audience in their skivvies. Mr. Banderas was well on his way to overcoming his fear when, as shown in the top photo, he became aware that someone had invited Eugene “Toilethead” Johnson to the news conference.

The life of Mr. Banderas would never be the same after.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

imagine the audience in their skivvies, Mr. Pilot? Not if you’ve ever been to Belgium http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/02/18/go-ahead-ive-seen-worse-well-ma ybe-not/

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Does the photographer have something against Antonio? I never, ever thought anyone could make Banderas look bad, but this guy sure did. Ruined my day.

Posted by slick9 | Report as abusive

Worry not, slick9. That’s really Antonio’s older brother, Lamar Banderas….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@Onedoor, I think that the travel gnomes are on the table next to Mr. Banderas in the third photo.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

I think Antonio needs a little less sun…

huh…even BG can be better than him :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

As already pointed out, these are scenes from his 1999 movie ‘Kilroy’ which also starred some old person called Melanie Griffith.
The movie was dreadful and went straight to DVD, which then subsequently went straight into the trash.

His best movie line ever was from Shrek:
Puss … in Boots!

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Nosmo, remember when Melanie Griffith had acting ability? Neither do I.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Eh, remind me again who Melanie Griffith is… I oddly remember her as resembling someone.. cant remember who though…
Nosmo, Antonio was amaaaaazing as Puss… oh jeez,great movie…!!!
Makes me wonder why I like animated movies MORE than the normal ones… ;)

Shra, if you want to be cured of that, go see Mars Needs Moms.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive