Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Another case of yellow urinalism?

April 18, 2011

COMMERZBANK/STATEAID

You know, Lamar, I have to tell you, when we hired Acme Architects to design our new office building, we thought we were getting the very best.

urinal crop 160You did? Really? We never said that. Actually, we’re down near the bottom. Is there some problem?

Er, yes, Lamar, we are not 100 percent satisfied with the way you designed the men’s rooms.

Um, vis-à-vis?

Are you serious? Vis-à-vis putting the urinals right up against the windows, which…do I really have to spell it out? We feel there should have been some plumbing involved.

That? Heck, wait’ll my big mistakes start to show up! Have there been any complaints about this urinal thing from the tenants?

Yes. To be honest, Lamar, it hasn’t done much to help business in the outdoor cafe on the ground level…

View over the city out of the restroom at the board floor of Germany’s Commerzbank in downtown Frankfurt April 6, 2011. REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach

Comments

Pee with a view!

I am pretty sure Eugene would like this… heck, he may even wave to the outdoor cafe owner while he goes about his business…

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

You know this picture confirms what most people think about bankers, they think they are high & mighty and like to (number one) all over ordinary folk.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

This is the PERFECT example of what we call the “trickle down” theory.

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

So what do the ladies get in the way of toiletry? Do they face a view? Or have their backs to it? Either way, it’s not a pretty thought.

Or maybe they keep women off the board so they don’t have to worry about a room with a view for women.

Posted by slick9 | Report as abusive

Now the board can do literally what they have been doing figuratively all along.
I would be much more disturbed if I could actually see daylight through the bottom of the urinals.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Toilet humour touches new heights…

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Kinda gives “If you sprinkle while you tinkle..” a whole new meaning.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

This particular vista gives a whole new meaning to the term “Weltanschauung”. Sorry, can’t tell you what it means because, well, you know…. ouch.
(Aren’t those 2 u’s in a row, cool? Sometimes I write that word just to marvel.)

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

No Spin, I was looking for daylight, which would make it dayalysis.

A lofty view for
the Board doing their business
but only for Gents.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

@Ladylala: Considering the symbolic nature of what these bankers are doing on the huddled masses below, shouldn’t that be “Weltanschauungskrieg” instead?

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

If the urine is a voluminous orange cloud when you pee in the pool, it is because you have been taking Bactrim. If you pee is green, don’t eat asparagus. Unless you like that. If it is red, it is due to rhabdomyolysis. See your ER quickly. If it is black, it’s because you really are blind.

The end.

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

Gee. Welcome back, Unca…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Doc said: “It’s snowing here. Big flakes. I know that because I just took a peek out the window to see if it’s freezing.”

Doc…if any of that snow has a yellow tint, just stay indoors. :)

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Well, Mr B, the reason I had to reenter was because all of your faithful readers may be fine readers and answerers, but seeing as I am the only Peeologist around, well, you know. I couldn’t let this go by without offering up answers out of my vast knowledge of Pee. For the Number 2 stuff, I think that Poo Poo Head Johnson Scatologist Extraordinaire knows more about that, so, no asking me out of my field of expertise!

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

I should have known better than to read the new comments while I had my brekkie…

This is not a new idea This was done by a Miami,Fl banker con man in the 80′s I don’t remember his name but i remember the fact that he peed on Miami while ripping them off. He we to jail i think.

Posted by bobbeck | Report as abusive

Well, between the unexpected problems with signing in, and Mr Spam Filter, I find it hard to write everything in my vast array of stuff, expecially on the Piddly Peeology Phactoids, Spinny!

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive