Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

It’s not tricky, tiki isn’t tacky…

April 25, 2011

TARTAN WEEK

Blog Guy, now that Donald Trump may run for president, what are you going to do? Will you be caught up short at the Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop, what with the scarcity of funny photos of Trump?

goofy trump combo 340Are you kidding me? Our only problem will be whether to build a new wing or just a huge annex to display our Trump collection.

Ah, so it sounds like you’re prepared.

The only way we could be more prepared is if Homer Simpson becomes president.

What do you think of Trump?

I’d say he showed his class again recently when he compared  himself to former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney: “Well, I’m a much bigger businessman,” Trump said on CNN. “And I have a much, much bigger net worth…”

goofy trump chick 340Then, in case you didn’t get what he meant by that, he went on. “I mean, my net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney.”

Do you think you, as a humor blogger, can be fair and impartial if Trump wins?

No. I used to be a New Yorker, and Trump did the unforgivable.

He stole your wife? Shot your dog?

He bought the Plaza Hotel, declared the Trader Vic’s tiki restaurant there was “tacky,” and closed it.

OMG! That’s bound to be a campaign issue. Will Americans vote for a man who closes tiki places?

I know for sure I never will.

Top: Donald Trump smiles during the “Dressed to Kilt” fashion show in New York April 3, 2006. REUTERS/Seth Wenig

Combo left: Trump at a media event on the sand dunes of the Menie estate, the site for Trump’s proposed golf resort, near Aberdeen, northeast Scotland May 27, 2010. REUTERS/David Moir

Combo right: Trump speaks at a South Florida Tea Party rally in Boca Raton, Florida, April 16, 2011. REUTERS/Joe Skipper

Lower right: Trump poses with Miss Sri Lanka Jacqueline Fernandez backstage before the Miss Universe 2006 Pageant in Los Angeles, July 23, 2006. REUTERS/Frank Szelwach/Miss Universe L.P, L.L.C./Handout

Comments

Please, PLEASE Americans, do not put this man into the White House. The hair alone is justification to not vote for the man.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Right Dave, I haven’t even drawn on the Trump archive from our sister museum, The Bad Hair Day and French Fry Museum.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@Dave, you ain’t kidding. If he ends up there that is sending a very clear message of just how over the game is. To subject the world to Snookie only to follow up with The Donald in the White House…

Good time to move to Canada eh? Where’s E?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Well, I am not sure what he does in America, but he bl**dy well stay away from Scotland…

Its still “proposed”…. But then folks in Aberdeen do tend to be a bit daft…

Factoids: Trump claims to have $600Mill. Iowa is suffering from the Great Recession. Trump will get stomped in any general election he runs in.

We should all be encouraging DT to run in Iowa, and start campaigning NOW. Hard, on the ground, in the cafes, in the restaurants, in THE DOUGHNUT SHOPS.

Posted by ARJTurgot2 | Report as abusive

@Spin, I think some of what The Donald is saying he will do is summed up like this; piss a lot of other countries off. He claims he will MAKE the Saudis reduce oil prices and MAKE China do whatever the U.S. wants it to do with it’s currency. Yes The Donald is taking Little Dubyas “You are with us or against us” to a whole new level.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I offer an abbreviated epic verse:

The apocalypse is comin’ on:
Behold the Trump phenomenon!
Now what kind of chump
Will vote for a Trump
and the hair-brained platform he’s runnin’ on?

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Bravo, Lala! I love the idea of an abbreviated epic…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Bravo, Lala!

Erdek

Posted by erdek | Report as abusive

Am I missing something? Does he not have the money to go to a hairdressers?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

@Crow, he has enough money to buy new hair every day and have each strand placed into his scalp individually by Siberian Llamas who are given pills by random strangers. Or so he would claim I am sure.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive