Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

The White House can’t afford plates?

April 26, 2011

Blog Guy, I’m disappointed in you.

Most of my readers usually are. What did I do now?

Easter came and went and you didn’t offer up your usual Goofiest Easter Photo. What gives?

I’m still waiting for our panel of judges. It’s down to two finalists.

One shows President Barack Obama talking to the Easter Bunny. The other shows television personality Kelly Ripa doing something very weird with a crêpe.

Is that pronounced creep?

I’m not sure.

I don’t think I’d care to see that.

Yeah, it doesn’t look like Michelle Obama really wants to see it, either.

Top: First Lady Michelle Obama watches as TV personalities Kelly Ripa and Al Roker share a crepe at the annual Easter Egg Roll, at the White House, April 25, 2011.

Right: President Barack Obama walks behind the Easter Bunny at the annual Easter Egg Roll.

REUTERS photos by Kevin Lamarque

Comments

Poor Joe Biden – now O’Bama has him dressing as the Easter Bunny, and he is still asking him to pay for the doughnuts!
Egg him, Joe-Bunny, egg him!

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Easter? Today? :O

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Sharing a crepe? Is that what they call it now-a-days?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Michele Obama: Ok, you two.. get a room.. I dont want Barack seeing you two…

And todays forecast is sunny with a chance of om nom nom nom!

@Nosmo, Joe-Bunny lol! :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

At least they’re still called Easter Eggs, and not “Seasonal Spheres”.

I wonder if you need an angry bird to help find the golden eggs? ;)

As for Ms. Ripa, I hope Mark Consuelos isn’t the jealous type.

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

Ms. Ripa and Mr. Roker are both looking very…talented in that first photo.
In the second one, good ol’ B.O. is either asking, “Can you hear me now?” or else is telling the SS guy in the bunny suit to stop yelling “Grenade!” every time some kid rolls an Easter Egg.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

@Skeres: “Seasonal Spheres” sounds a lot better than “Ovate Oblate Spheroids”

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

I think the little girl with Ms Obama is throwing up in her hands, but I can’t tell if it’s from disgust or too many crepes…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

In Al’s defense, since the weight loss surgery, maybe this is his method of only eating half of his meal.

I hope none of BG’s model fans see this. They’ll start using the same eating method so they can cut back to 25 calories/day.

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

I have never worn a bunny suit before, but i dont think i want to…
its wayyy too cute!

@Jazz, now I am picturing the front lawn of the White House full of secret service guys in bunny suits throwing themselves on easter eggs. Quite the Kodak moment! lol

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

That photo of Al and Kelly is just waiting to be photo-shopped.

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive