If you run out of REAL wedding news…

April 28, 2011

Blog Guy, that royal wedding is getting really close now, so how about some more of your expertise? I believe you mentioned a royal carriage would be used for Prince William and Kate?

Absolutely, and here you can see the regal vehicle, with the royal couple riding around in it for practice.

Gosh, I thought if might be a little nicer.

These things are never quite as majestic as we imagine them, are they?

Who’s that baby in the carriage with them?

What do I look like, a fricking genealogist?

Ouch! Okay what about jewelry for the event? I suppose we’ll see the Crown Jewels in all their glory?

You bet! Here are some royals being fitted for the regalia that will adorn them at the wedding. I believe that necklace is the royal…

Excuse me a moment, Blog Guy. I think you’re a royal imbecile. According to the captions, that “royal carriage” is a contraption made from an old  car in Germany by a bozo called “El Diablo.”

As for these “royal jewels,” this is just some clown called the “Pearly King” putting pearls on his wife, the “Pearly Queen!”

Well, whatever. It’s all part of the pageantry for the Wedding of the Century on Saturday, when the heir to Britain’s…

Blog Guy, the wedding is on Friday.

Friday? You mean like tomorrow?

Jeez, I guess I’d better get a move on, then….

Top and right: German bicycle designer Didi Senft presents his latest work in Storkow, Germany, April 26, 2011. Senft, a cycling fan better known as ‘El Diablo,’ built the vehicle from an East German Trabant car. REUTERS/Tobias Schwarz

Left: Pearly King Patrick Jolly puts a string of pearls around the neck of his wife, Pearly Queen Carole Jolly. They will be attending local celebration parties in Hackney and Westminster. REUTERS/Olivia Harris

Lower left: Kate Middleton in St. James’s Palace, central London November 16, 2010. REUTERS/Paul Hackett

Raise your hands if you think Will’s smile is fake/made up and Kate’s smile is divine? :D

*raises hand*

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

u r just feeding skeres and fwd’s habit, Mr.B…. what are u gonna do AFTER the wedding, huh??

That’s a fair question, Shra. I’m guessing they will let her out for new photos now and then even after the wedding.

If not, well, that’s what medicated doughnuts are for.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

What an excellent last name – Jolly.
King Jolly and Queen Jolly.

Pity her first name isn’t Mary.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I sort of agree with Shra. While Ms. Middleton does indeed have some attractive features, like really shiny hair, methinks this photograph placement is completely gratuitous. :-) That’s OK though BG, we still love you!

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

I wonder what kind of doughnuts they’ll serve at the reception? Lamar, get on it, stat!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

@Shra: what’s the problem with my habit? And don’t worry, this weekend (actually tonight, but I don’t think I can attend) is the Independent Film Festival of Boston, so I can go to a lot of movies (and for free, since I’m a volunteer). That will keep me busy all weekend, and on Monday I’m sure there will be either honeymoon pictures or goofy faces collected from the wedding.

@fwd: I don’t think William’s smile is fake at all. He is his mother’s child, and she had a natural smile. So, I’ll only raise my hand halfway.

I’m thinking of going out tonight and getting scones and jam so I can serve my wife breakfast in bed while she watches the wedding. I will be sending the couple a messages wishing them future happiness, and a rapid recovery of their smile muscles. :)

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

Wow, that’s the best pic of her yet! She looks smokin’ hot, red-eyes and all! :D

And really everyone, ya gotta cut fwd079 and skeres some slack. After all it could be worse, they could be obsessing and Mr. B. could gratuitously placing photos of Hulga Fekrat!

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 10/10/21/remember-the-name-hulga-fekrat/

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oh, now that you mention it, Mr.Pilot, I think i met Hulga Fekrat on my flight back from Amsterdam…
She still looked scary in her airhostess’s uniform…

@Shra, yeah I could imagine she would still look scary even with wings and a halo. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Note to self: take CDs to listen to in the van tomorrow whilst delivering pies, the radio will be rubbish.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Are the Pearly Royals related to Minnie Pearl? They look kinda country western in those outfits.

The Royal couple to wed is looking a tad pressed for time, or maybe just pressed…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@69Spin…
“Look out! The building on top of the car/bicycle is going to fall down!”

Did you just confuse the London Bridge and the Tower Bridge there? ;)

OK OK, this is zap material, but I couldn’t resist!

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

@Skeres: Fair enough, vows done now kids singing etc so checking out the stuff here. :)

RB rules, he’ll soon find goofy pictures of royals, see his smile in picture on right, he can do anything! *bows*

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

BG can always manufacture the pictures we want, no? Like the chocolate guy feature for instance. So I would love to see Kate throwing pieces of the wedding cake at William…oh and another picture of someone slipping after tripping her long wedding dress tail…!

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

At weddings, I always think of the old joke:

Q: How do you stop a woman from wanting sex?
A: Feed her wedding cake.

During the brief glimpse I had of today’s wedding, though, I thought of this one:

Q: How do you get a bassoon player off your front porch?
A: Pay for the pizza.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

@Doc: I thought it was “How do you get the Liberal Arts major off your front porch?”.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Spin – I thought you were referring to and linking the tower bridge designed on the car with the “london bridge is falling down” tune… my bad!

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive