Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Creepy just got creepier…

April 29, 2011

Blog Guy, are you still setting up fantasy photos for your readers?

Yes, when I’m in the mood. What do you have in mind?

I want a hotel suite with chocolate furniture, chocolate art and a chocolate wall, with a chocolate guy reclining in bed, wearing only his underpants and eating ice cream on a stick.

Say, you’re kind of strange, aren’t you?

No, I like to think I’m just a normal reader.

Yeah? I like to think I’m the President of Honduras. So apart from this nasty chocolate guy, could you possibly make the scene any creepier?

Yes. I’d like that strange German designer, Karl Lagerfeld, to pose next to the chocolate guy.

Oh sure, I’ll get Karl right over there. Anything else, while I’m calling fashion designers?

Um, can you photograph Valentino picking his nose?

Not a problem.

Top: German designer Karl Lagerfeld poses as he unveils his hotel suite creation made of chocolate, part of a campaign by a leading ice cream brand, at a hotel in Paris April 28, 2011. REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen

Left: Italian fashion designer Valentino at the Cannes Film Festival in 2007 photo. REUTERS/Yves Herman

Comments

Yep, Karl Lagerfeld is creepy. There is a Volkswagen commercial here in which he stars – sort of makes me think VWs are creepy now!
Although, I have to admit that the ice cream the chocolate man is holding looks like a Magnum bar. Can I just share with you that Magnum ice cream bars are THE BEST!

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

Oh this will make Shra happy! Chocolate and fab-abs at once? What else would you ask for ey?

Hmm wait.. I know already. A man to make you melt, not a man THAT melts himself! :P

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

@Malt: Sorry malt, I’m taken :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Wait! You mean in that first photo, that isn’t a mannequin from the Goofy Face Museum standing on the left? That’s an actual, breathing human being?
By the way, chocolate guy looks like he’s wearing a diaper.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@fwd – your Kate just got married, you can’t possibly be taken. ;)

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Yikes! That dude definitely looks like a zombie. has the ZA started already? Nobody told us? BG, we rely on you for critical information like this. Now I don’t have time to get to the zombie-proof cave. Guess I’ll just have to eat donuts instead. If I can find any. Oh, woe is me!

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

The Jersey Shore: When GTA Goes Too Far.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Fab abs – Yay. But the guy needs to be wearing a blindfold and some decent drawers in order for those abs to be appreciated. And that hotel suite best have some high-powered AC or it’ll be Flab Abs in short order.

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

Reminds me of a little truism from my youth. You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but, you can’t pick your friend’s nose. ;-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Amazingly, that’s not the creepiest chocolate I’ve ever seen. I think chocolate Jesus was a bit creepier.

Now, when are we getting Kate pictures? She was certainly lovely today. Will looked good, too.

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

justCam, yes, you can pick a friends nose. One should use a long, barbed stick to do this, because even though one may be being friendly, for some reason, the packed nose person often does swing with wild abandon, even at friends. Who would let a friend run around with a loaded nose, and not do something about it?

Barbed Nose Picking Sticks by Acme for Sale at an Amazing Low Price! Get Them While They Last!

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

Skeres, I’m poised for action, but so far London is a goof-free zone today. There’s pandering and then there’s pandering….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Admit it Mr. B., the reason there are no pics is Lamar and Johnson missed their flight to England because they went haberdasher-hopping the night before and overslept.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@Unca … gotta get me one of those.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Happy Fry-Day to everyone.
I have a tongue twister for you to all say out loud five times, as fast as you can:
I’m not the pheasant plucker
I’m the pheasant plucker’s mate
I’m only plucking pheasants
Because the pheasant plucker’s late

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I am so glad I made it past the creepy photo and read the comments and tongue twister. Left me smiling instead of creeped out.

I am all for turning up the heat and letting the chocolat melt. Hmmm. That just gave me another thought but I will keep that to myself!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

thanks, BG. That picture should squelch my love of chocolate.

something about that model makes me think of Gunga Din

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

He’s not picking his nose, that’s a tape recorder.

@Dave_not_dave: May is National Zombie Awareness Month (no really – would Wikipedia lie?). Thanks for doing your part to raise awareness!

Posted by Carne | Report as abusive

Now, I am not a big fan of chocolate, and I agree with Spin… Chocoman’s expression makes me want to melt his face off…