Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Sorry Mr. Trump, I thought you were someone else

May 3, 2011

Blog Guy, you look very upset. What’s wrong?

I’ve just seen the clearest sign yet of that onrushing Apocalypse I keep writing about.

That’s just a photo of possible candidate Donald Trump. We’ve already established that you wouldn’t vote for him. So what’s the new sign?

Look what he’s doing. According to the caption, he’s signing an autograph. The fact that somebody might want Trump’s autograph is…it’s just not natural.

Couldn’t there be some other explanation?

Well, that’s what I’m hoping for. I’m thinking maybe the guy asked for it as sarcasm, and Trump fell for it.

Or maybe Trump’s people are holding the man’s baby over an open manhole, or perhaps the dude was disoriented by a blow to the head….

But then the cynic in me takes over, and I figure he really did want Trump’s autograph, and he took it home and put it in his living room, right next to his entire library – the works of Justin Bieber and Snooki Polizzi – so he can be close to it while he watches an endless loop of “Two and a Half Men” reruns.

I’m moving down to the panic room now. Who’s with me?

Top: Real estate magnate and television personality Donald Trump signs an autograph as he walks through downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire April 27, 2011. REUTERS/Joel Page

Right: Trump speaks to a group of Republican organizations in Las Vegas, April 28, 2011. REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun/Steve Marcus

Comments

Look BG, dont panic.. it could be that the guy who asked for it, wanted to sell it on eBay… .

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/03/14/so-if-a-dumbass-just-signs-his- name/

He looks like the creature from that horrible movie “Jeepers Creepers”.

Posted by bobSmith | Report as abusive

It’s good when your hairpiece also doubles as a safety helmet.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I noticed the cap has “NFL” on the brim on the inside. Maybe someone’s trying to collect some money because of the lockout.

Seems to me that if you wanted a signature on an NFL cap, it would be a player, not some wannabe owner.

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

Loved the way trump was paid back by Obama, literally trumped. :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

As long as the panic room is stocked with doughnuts I am with you Mr. B. Also does it have a VS calendar? If not I am going to have to bring one.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Trump. What a chump.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

You know that he only combs his hair that way to cover the circumsion scar.

Posted by lemonttaylor | Report as abusive

Trump’s show gets trumped by
terrorist termination.
Trump: Call my lawyer!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Palin – Trump 2012.
What a ticket.
You will no longer have to wait for further signs of the impending apocalypse, as it will be upon us.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

It was all misunderstanding. The person actually wanted the autograph of that thing on The Donald’s head. Personally, I believe it is an alien life form (ALF) that took control of the first bald guy it saw on the streets of New York.

Posted by inebgreen | Report as abusive

No one would really vote for him would they? Would they? Please?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Well, this is kind of tricky, Crow. Yes, I believe Spin and OneDoor are both Trump fans, and I think Cam and his sister may be leaning in that direction, as well….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

BG: It is rather cruel of you to post such horrid comments when you know I may not see them until after dinner and then I will want to.. Pardon me while I run to the bathroom!

Are you sure he isn’t trying to get a job in a Vegas show or something? He has a twisted take on Elvis/Wayne Newton hair.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@lemon: your comment has me grinning.

BG: Can we have milk and coffee and red wine in the panic room? Oh, and paper and crayons? See, I am behaving. I did not ask for scissors.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

actually, that was a panhandler. He held out his hat, asking The Donald for a contribution. Nice guy that he is, Trump provided the name of his bankruptcy lawyer.

Donald Trump looks very much like a Lego person (as in the plastic people included in some Lego building sets…not one who enjoys playing with Legos ;) )

I’m betting the person who does that to Trump’s hair either keeps that fact a secret, or doesn’t get many referrals.

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Too bad for the guy asking for change then the Trumpster took out a pen and defiled his only beloved possesion and tagged it.

BG you do have to congratulate Lamar for the the American idol shot of the Don. It was his first attempt at reality TV.

Posted by Wheelz2 | Report as abusive

@Lemont – you almost got me in trouble with that comment. When I read your post at work, I had to get up and walk outside to laugh. :D

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

(With a tip of the hat to Desperado)

Donald Trump, oh,
Seems you are out on the stump, oh!
You’re talking to strangers
and signing your name.
Your hair looks funny
Why not take some of your money
And get a good hair cut
for whatever remains.

The pandas they have told me
The zombies moving boldly
So to the OE shelter
that’s where I’ll remain.

Donald Trump, oh,
I had my teddy bear just so.
But the OErs can hug him
Yes, I will let them hug him
for Donald’s just too strange.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive