It’s a jungle out there…

May 7, 2011

GERMANY/

Johnson, get your butt into my office!

What did I do now, Boss? I thought I was improving as a news photographer.

GERMANY/You are! I see all of our clients used YOUR photos of new those tiger cubs at the zoo. It’s as if the competition didn’t even send anybody!

They did send a photographer, Boss. The tigers ate him. It was pretty gross.

And while this poor guy was being torn limb from limb, you just kept shooting the cute little cubs?

Er, yes I did, Boss.

bengali tigers cute 320Huzzah, Johnson! You’re turning into a real professional, right before my eyes! Uh, Johnson? What happened to his cameras?

It was the damnedest thing, Boss. The tigers took his equipment and started playing journalist.

It’s their instinct, Johnson. You never heard of cub reporters?

Top: One of four Bengali White Tiger cubs plays with a photographer’s camera at the Zoo Safari Park Stukenbrock April 19, 2011. Four Bengali White Tigers were born two month ago on Valentine’s Day in the zoo near the western German city of Bielefeld.

Left: A Bengali White Tiger cub plays with a photographer at the Zoo Safari Park Stukenbrock.

Right: Three Bengali White Tiger cubs play at the Zoo Safari Park Stukenbrock.

REUTERS photos by Wolfgang Rattay

We can paws a moment to honor the new cub reporter. He seems to have a nose for news as well as paws…

They are beautiful, BG. But I think I’ll keep my distance.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

BAAAABIEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!

When we go to Busch Gardens, I spend hours watching the tigers. Though I would love to play with them, Onedoor is right…I’ll respect them for the wild animals they are and keep my distance.

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

They kinda look like baby Zeeba’s. ;-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Going for the head before the prey is incapacitated, that is definitely a rookie mistake. A skull is too hard to try to crack while the prey is still able to thrash about. That little tiger is lucky his bros came in to help take down the reporter or things coulda gotten ugly. So much to learn little one, so much to learn.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Not surprising that it took a whole photographer to fill up these three cubs. Everyone knows that journalists are all fluff and no substance. If it had been a fashion photographer, they would still be hungry!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

AllThatJazz…and if it were a fashion MODEL, not the photographer, they would have probably found no meat at all!

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Are those paws or what… and I definitely dont want them anywhere near my head… babies or not..

I once had a tiny stray kitten I’d rescued that was happiest sitting on my head. I got used to it and just let it sit there nibbling my hair as I wandered around the office I worked in at the time. People would ask “Um… You do know there’s a cat on your head, right?” I missed him when I found him a home. But I didn’t miss the dribbling.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

With a nod to Ray Bradbury:

Cute and fluffy and
oh-so-cute, but beware for
Here There be Tygers

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

CG, you say the most amazing things… :)

PS: The camera survived.

Headline the next day:

According to reports, there has been a sudden spike in the sales of the Nikon Safari….

Posted by poppyrich | Report as abusive