Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

And then, the Mama Grizzly said…

May 15, 2011

Blog Guy, you set up a lot of fantasy shots for your readers, and we appreciate them. Maybe it’s time to share one of your own fantasies with us.

Well, since you mention it, this photo would be a great example of one of my ultimate fantasies.

Wow, I’ve had that same one, having chicks feed me from a bottle and I don’t have to do anything but sit there. Well done, Blog Guy!

You must be an idiot. See, MY dream would be to HOLD one of those really adorable, cuddly polar bear or panda cubs. I can’t imaging anything more fun.

Oh, I see. Well, Blog Guy, if you want something you just have to take it.

You go to a zoo where there are cute cubs, you climb a fence and you sweet-talk the cub’s mother. I mean, what’s the worst she can do?

By golly, assertive stranger, you have a point. Let’s go over there right now and get one from the mama polar bear. Oops, I think I left my wallet in the car. You go on ahead and I’ll catch up with you.

Top: Zookeepers feed polar bear twin cubs at a photo opportunity at Laohutan Ocean Park in Dalian, Liaoning Province, April 25, 2011. Reuters/China Daily

Right: Spanish Queen Sofia poses with twin six-months-old pandas Po and De De at the Madrid Zoo & Aquarium March 29, 2011. REUTERS/Andrea Comas

Comments

Such cute bear cubs! I had to go find my little teddy bear to hug. Not much to hug, as it is only a tiny little thing. Still, it is rather nice.

You know, maybe he could cover himself in honey before he went in to see the bear. Oh, wait. That is part of another fantasy…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I’ve always found that tipping the bottles up so that the cutesy critters can actually drink helps with the feeding process…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Ahhhh, CrowGirl, no reality allowed or required here. This is BG’s dream world, let him run with it. In fact, he may actually be back at work this week (whatever that means) so we should give him as much leeway as possible.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Eh, what do I know, I’ve only bottle fed lambs and pigs; maybe polar bears can suck harder?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I like bear cubs and I can not lie
You other bloggers can’t deny
That when a cub walks in with a cute fuzzy face
You’ll stay in your place
Wishing you could join in their play, watching them all day
I’m hooked and I can’t stop staring
There could be no cuter pairing

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

BG, how about a cute little polar cub for Xmas this year? ;)
And dont say, I didnt give you enough warning..

CrowGirl – an excellent point. Those poor babies are getting a bellyfull of air, which can only lead to Bad Things.
I went to Ogunquoit in Maine over the weekend. It is a beautiful seaside town with excellent food – unlike anything elsewhere in the U.S.
There was something about the place I probably should have been made aware of before going, though.
It does explain the plethora of Merman-related trinkets on sale.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

At the risk of learning, I had a quick internet hunt and am now sniggering to myself. :)

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

@Crow: giggling, too.

@Nosmo: well, you got to see the Village People by the Sea…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

At least I wasn’t staying at the YMCA.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Nosmo: almost spit my water on my pc with that one! Good comeback. LOL!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive