I’ve decided not to be President Trump…

May 17, 2011

Blog Guy, what’s wrong? You look like you’ve been sobbing.

Yeah, I have. I’m pretty broken up about Donald Trump not running for president.

But you weren’t going to vote for him, anyway.

Yes, but I figured my blog was practically written in advance through 2012. It would have been so easy. I’ll never find anybody like that again.

Jeez Blog Guy, way to make it all about YOU!

I mean, testing the political waters by implying the current President of the United States wasn’t really born here? Who does that?

Then there’s the whole “Apprentice” thing. A year ago I wouldn’t have believed any serious contender would even WATCH a reality television show, and now we come this close to having a candidate who APPEARS on one! It was a humor blogger’s dream come true!

There, there. Go on, let it out. You’ll feel better.

And you know, Trump even had to tease me once more yesterday, reminding me how little class he has.

He said if he were to run, he believed he would win. In other words, he turned into the kid who runs away from a playground fight and then talks your arm off about how he would have won.

Blog Guy, this is still  about Trump buying the Plaza Hotel in New York City and closing the Trader Vic’s there, isn’t it?

Yes, I’m afraid so.

Top and right: Real estate magnate and television personality Donald Trump speaks to a group of Republican organizations at the Treasure Island hotel and casino in Las Vegas, Nevada April 28, 2011. REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun/Steve Marcus

Donald Trump 2012 campaign buttons are sold at a South Florida Tea Party rally before the property magnate and reality TV star spoke in Boca Raton, Florida, April 16, 2011. REUTERS/Joe Skipper

I wonder how much those campaign buttons would go for, at an auction house.. or at E-bay…
better yet, who would actually BUY them?

[...] fires himself from the presidential raceLos Angeles TimesUSA Today -Washington Post -Reuters Blogs (blog)all 2,017 news [...]

@Shra, I would totally buy one – for the humor value of course!

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

HAHA great one RB, guess Obama’s reply had to do something about it too. :)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

BG, sorry you lost so much valuable material. Don’t sweat it too much though, this buffoon is liable to provide plenty of idiocy anyway, and even without him, the rest of the clowns in the political arena will give us plenty to laugh (and cry) about.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Just in case you were wondering, my sister decided she was NOT running for President. Unfortunately, her press conference scheduled for the same time as the Donald’s. ;-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

You think you have it tough, BG; think of shows like TDS and TCR for whom spoofing candidates is their bread and butter.

And what’s this about him closing the Trader Vic’s? I guess TheDonald’s hair isn’t perfect.

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

There is always Sarah if you want to try to find a silver lining.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Trump 2012. If that’s a command, I’m not usre how to do that.
If on the other hand it had said “Trump Palin”, then that would be a far easier thing to achieve.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I have tried to see things from Trump’s point of view, but, unfortunately I can’t get my head that far up my a–.

Posted by lemonttaylor | Report as abusive

I’m sorry for your loss Mr B, but I’m awfully glad your country isn’t risking getting another derided moron in charge.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Well, you know what they say, BG. Hair today, Don tomorrow.

The Donald could always work on a board game. Then again, it might turn out to be a bored game.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

…Oceans 11, Trump 12, 13 Assasins…

None at the Cannes Film Festival, none at the polls.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

It’s certainly a shame he isn’t going to run, becuase when he lost the headline could have said ‘Chump Trump’s Rump Dumped’.
Oh well, I guess we shall have to comfort ourseleves with ‘Palin Impaled’ when she loses, instead.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Thanks for a good chuckle at the expense of a chucklehead.

Posted by seattlesh | Report as abusive

I think the real tragedy is the huge loss of business to toupee growers everywhere.

Posted by flamenquito | Report as abusive

The doughnut shops of Iowa are devastated. So much potential…

Posted by ARJTurgot2 | Report as abusive

Wow, Spin. Just wow. I’m glad I didn’t just make it up for once.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

All Trumped up, and nowhere but blows.

Posted by bobSmith | Report as abusive

Take heart just because he said no presidential run doesn’t mean he can’t be vice president.. actually it’s a he’d make a great president with all the times he declared bankruptcy you know we knows how to get out of debt….

Posted by EN3 | Report as abusive

[...] Guy, we know you were pretty upset about Donald Trump not running for president, clearly a huge loss of humor potential for your blog. Are you getting [...]