Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

This just in, Arnold has a driveway!

May 18, 2011

Blog Guy, I was stunned by the news that actor and former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a child with a member of his household staff.

We were all shocked, believe me. We expect more than that from people in entertainment and politics, don’t we?

But the stories about Arnold’s marital problems left me with unanswered questions. I’m wondering whether his home has a driveway.

I can help you with that one. Yes, there is a private drive to his home, and it looks like a pretty nice place.

Really? A nice place with a private drive? Not just a total dump, which is where you’d expect a big movie star and former governor to live?

Right. Not only that, I can confirm there are water features and a stop sign.

Thanks, you’ve certainly given me plenty to think about, and… Say, Blog Guy, I can’t remember. Which one of us is being the sarcastic person in this exchange?

I’m sorry, I’ve lost track myself. Maybe we should start over…

The private driveway to former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s home is seen in Los Angeles, California May 17, 2011. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

Comments

I wonder if there’s a servant’s entrance. Or even two; one for the regular servants, and one for the “special” servants.

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

A quote about Arnold I once heard ‘He looks like a condom stuffed with walnuts’.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Nosmo, now that really made me gag…
Arnold seems to have something in common with Berlusconi after all… say, Americans are really not that diff from Europeans…

Ah if only I could have a £ for everytime I hear a celebrity being unfaithful…

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Shra, Shra, Shra…Da Guvner was born Austrian.

Not that the spirit of your words are untrue, of course.

==+RED

Posted by REDruin | Report as abusive

A haiku for Arnie:

The Governator
should have said “I’ll be back”, then
gone for a condom.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

to skeres: that was his problem in the first place – the servant’s “entrance”

Posted by pashakcm | Report as abusive

And then there was a stop sign. Carry on little stop sign, carry on.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

When we hear a story of an actor or politician fathering a child with one of the household pets we really have to worry…

Then again, some of them are animals.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

The Sperminator – er, I mean the Governator…..Oh never mind.

Jazz, I love the haiku!

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

is that stop sign for a pregnant pause?

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Ich heiße Ahnuld – Möchten Sie meines lediges Kind haben?

The unfortunate part is that while Arnie has a fair amount of money in exchange for putting up with the media attention, the poor mother is getting more attention than she probably ever wanted.

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

Ofcourse Red, of course!

So he had a nice driveway but he didn’t have a condom-inium for his servants comfort?

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Seriously, what is with the stop sign? Did the photographer have a reason for including it? It’s kinda creepy with the way it’s just…there. Why stop sign? Why must you peer into the depths of my soul and torment me so?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

the stop sign is so the Sperminator can look over all visitors to his home. He likes to give them the once over before he jumps on for a….er….uh…takes them for a spin.

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

69SPIN, in fact i’m surprised there hasn’t been a blog on Mr. DSK yet! Aren’t there any goofy pictures of the dude on the net?

Edit: There are. I’m sure BG can use pics like these:

http://www.apep.nl/resources/1/Election% 20Week%202008/Dominique%20Strauss-Kahn.j pg

http://news.kotzot.com/wp-content/upload s/2011/05/dominique-strauss-kahn-sex.jpg

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/01/ 0122_world_leaders/image/dominique_strau ss_kahn.jpg

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Malt, dontcha worry, BG is actually working… umm.. correction, making Lamar work harder on the material before it is ready for us to see.

Spin, are you implying that BG would be “raptured”?

Haha..this rapture business is also blog material. BG must be having a field day right now ;)

@69Spin: don’t worry – you only missed a goofy face, the beef is the first link…check the size on that one! ;)

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Spinster, photo #2 DSK is pulling off his famous frog imitation. Or maybe it’s a toad, have to get a lady’s opinion.

==RED