Great legs, nice calves…

May 30, 2011

Blog Guy, I have a huge complaint.

I started reading your blog for your great coverage of German farming news, but here lately you’ve written very little about it.

You’re about to lose me and many of my friends, who are also German farming enthusiasts.

No, wait, I can’t afford to lose any readers! Look, here are some fresh photos for you showing German cows and tractors and stuff.

Well, okay, that’s better. Say, what kind of German farm IS this?

I don’t know, I suppose they probably grow sauerkraut and hasenpfeffer and stuff. The usual.

Why are there only sexy chicks with long shapely legs? This is not what the Internet is for! What kind of site are you running, anyway?

The kind people might actually stumble into if they haven’t got anything to do on a long holiday weekend. Face it, I can’t survive on an audience of just German farming enthusiasts.

Sure you can. There are more of us out here than you’d think, Blog Guy.

Top and left: Young Bavarian farmer woman Julia poses during a photo shoot for a calendar of German and Austrian farmers’ wives in Kadeltshofen near Munich June 26, 2011.

Lower left: Young Bavarian farmer woman Antonia poses during the photo shoot.

Right: Young Bavarian farmer woman Juliane poses during the photo shoot.

REUTERS photos by Michael Dalder

Now we may all think that the third photo is actually a girl sitting in a really large wheel, but really it is a normal size wheel, and she is in fact, a pixie.
A German farming pixie, to be exact.
So, the next time a young child asks you where the food comes from, you can say that it was probably made by a German farming pixie and refer them to this page.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Shoes for @Shra, 13 year old Bavarian girls for… Well, I don’t know who they’re for, but they’re certainly skinny!

And did you notice how that cow in the first picture was licking her lips seductively? That must be some good hay.

BG, thanks for hooking a German farming enthusiast up! :-)

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

This will certainly set the moooo-d for some…shoes for the lassies, chicks and wheels for the guys. BG is at it again… your bosses wanted to increase readership ey?

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

I thought you said these pics were in Germany? Is that close to Bavaria?

Wherever it is, I’m sure those happy cows are making happy cheese.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Ooo-la-oui! Tractors!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Yep, I’ve always longed to put on a white dress and heels and then go sit in a greasy, muddy tractor wheel.

Had a garden once and made the mistake of stepping over a row of beans in full blossom to get to the next row. Bee flew up my pant leg. Have you ever tried to hold a bee in place in your pant leg with one hand and take your pants off with the other hand? It is amazing how quickly something like that can be done to avoid multiple stings.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

If you happen to have video of that episode I’ll post it on the blog, Onedoor….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Thanks One, you reminded me of a story from my childhood.
One Summer I was with my grandparents, and my older brother and his girfriend (she was Danish – puns accepted below), at my grandparents farm.
The girlfriend was frolicking through the hay meadow, when all of a sudden she started squealing and running around in small circles. She then flung her skirt up over her head. Apparently a bee/wasp/some kind of buzzing insect had gotten under there.
All would have been fine except that she was not wearing underwear and I got a very good view of, well, everything.
I was 12 years old at the time.
Happy days.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

You know you have been reading BG’s blog too long when you read the headline and know there are cows involved…

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

BG: Thanks for the lovely offer. Fortunately, no video exists. I think you’d do better to get a video from Nosmo. He still seems to like doughnuts, though his brother appears to prefer Danish.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Bees in the garden
Buzzing in the breeze
In the hay meadow
In the orchard trees
If you’re going to join them
If you take that chance
Remember what mom told you
Wear clean underpants!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Lol, One and Nosmo… good laughs for a Tuesday, which not suspiciously feels like a Monday…

Ah Country gals… how I fancy ‘em, thanks RB…

*bows*

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Jibberish, That cow’s not licking her lips seductively – she was laughing so hard at that skinny chick, she blew some silage out of her nose. (The human equivalent of beer out the nose.)

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

This whole thread is udder nonsense!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

“Why are there only sexy chicks with long shapely legs?”

But you didn’t show any chicks, just cows… Thanks for the tractors though. :)

Anyway, all us farmhand girls have shapely legs, it’s a combination of evil tractor clutch based thigh muscles and scampering about rounding up escaping critters.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Although I wear those shorts with steelies rather than wedge heels. And with a top that’s infinitely less likely to get snarled up in the PTO when you’re posing on a tractor…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Spin, I’d LOVE to see that! :) The exercise benefits of carrying buckets of grain whilst trying not to trip over a bouncy dog; followed by three hours of shovelling pig muck. That’d make a great DVD fronted by some useless z list celebrity.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive