Big trouble when the chips are down?

June 12, 2011

Oh Dear Lord, tell me this isn’t happening!

I just wanted to watch some tennis, so I called the boss on our busiest day of the year and said I was sick with projectile vomiting, impacted wisdom teeth, temporary insanity and a fever of 106…

Then I got to my seat, and who’s right in front of me? The fricking PRIME MINISTER!

I KNOW the news photographers are here. Please Lord, don’t let him do anything newsworthy!

Oh NO, he’s eating salt and vinegar potato chips!  Cramming them down his cakehole like he’s going to the electric chair!

Wait! Maybe nobody will use the picture. I mean, who cares about a politician stuffing his face with greasy, high-sodium junk food? Nobody!

Crap, I just remembered that so-called humor blog everybody at the office reads. This is just the kind of photo that stupid Blog Guy putz would use…

Maybe if I just look down and cover my face…

Britain’s Prime Minister David Cameron eats as he watches Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France play his fourth round singles match against Rafael Nadal of Spain at the Queen’s Club Championships in west London, June 10, 2011. REUTERS/Toby Melville

Dr. Phil caught playing hooky! How’s that workin’ for ya?

good job, BG. Top journalism. Splendid. I hope the Pulitzer committee reads your blog. What am I thinking..of course they do!

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

[...] let him do anything newsworthy! Oh NO, he's eating salt & vinegar potato chips! … read full news Published: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 12:38 Tags: Big trouble when the chips are [...]

I think the photos are reversed, BG. The guy has his head down because he knows the PM reacts badly to the the chips. In the top photo, it appears the chips are about to come back into play. Wonder if the projectile vomiting will get the chips across the net?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Jeez, I hope that’s not someone from his security detail.

Saaaaay, that looks like a Frito-Lays brand on that bag, but it says “…alkers”. Is someone pulling a fast one?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Sharp eyes, Dave. I believe they’re the British brand, Walkers, but I guess it could be connected to Frito…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Who knew the PM was in touch enough with the real world to even know what a packet of crisps is?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

C’mon BG, that was a totally rhetorical question. Now Shra is going to zap us for sure. Guess it’ll be me riding the lightning in old Sparky, instead of the PM.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Relax, Dave. Read the fine print. Information about junk food is deemed a necessity, and does not constitute the sort of gratuitous learning we try to keep out of this blog.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Where might one find the fine print?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

On a completely different subject Blog Guy: why have you stayed off the Weiner train? Too much low-hanging fruit?

Posted by lemonttaylor | Report as abusive

Yes, lemon. he’s WAY too easy.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Thanks, Spin…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

well, if Weiner desides to run for re-election, I’ve got his campaign song. Nope…not going the easy route with a Chuck Berry tune. Something more subtle by Jackson Browne
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1 608
everytime I hear this song, I can’t help but laugh! It is a great tune.

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

When the chips are down…you can always turn to the OE Blog Network!

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Being that it is the Queen’s Club Championships the Queen is getting ready in the locker room to play the winner. We all know how the queen loves sports!

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/05/20/its-called-the-sport-of-kings-y our-majesty/

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I think the guy behind the PM is his press secretary. Clearly he is trying to figure out how to put a positive spin on this junk food bingeing during the PM’s healthy image campaign.
I suggest he just blame Joe Biden, like the POTUS does when Michelle catches him out.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Yes BG, pray tell where the fine print is.. (holding the taser in her hands)

haha I love when a Tory wants to resemble labours :D