Let me regalia with a story…

June 27, 2011

Needless to say, we’re very excited about the big unveiling, Lamar. We hired you to design military uniforms for our newly independent country because of your reputation.

As the very best?

No, as the very cheapest. So let’s see what you’ve come up with.

Wow! I LOVE it! Braid, epaulets, sashes, brass buckles, kilts, spats, doodads, frippery, geegaws…

Was there any particular military unit that influenced you the most in your design?

Well, I wouldn’t wear these uniforms around the Salvation Army headquarters if I were you.

That’s good to know. So now, show us what you’ve designed for our privates.

Time out. Am I just supposed to ignore that juicy straight line?

I would if I were you. Ahem. So now, show us what you’ve designed for our privates.

This uniform IS for privates. The officers’ outfits have lots more stuff.

Yikes! Okay. Then show us the everyday fatigues.

These ARE the everyday fatigues…

Britain’s Prince Charles salutes as soldiers march down the Royal Mile during Armed Forces Day in Edinburgh, Scotland June 25, 2011. REUTERS/David Moir

“That’s good to know. So now, show us what you’ve designed for our privates.”

Awesome line BG :)

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Geegaws. Love it. And yes, that is some serious frippery too.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Colin Firth looks better in kingly uniform. Just sayin’.

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

@Spin: What about mufti, Spin? :O

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Shra weren’t you in Munich that day? You missed seeing the Coolest Leader Dude in his kilt!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Nooooooooooooooooooo! The Coolest Dude in the World comes to my city and I aint there!!!!
Not fair!!!

You’re right about the cheapness. Poor Prince Chuck has to settle for gloves with holes.

But RB, you are the KING of headlines!

Posted by flamenquito | Report as abusive

Spin and Flamenquito, you are much too kind…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Spats? Doesn’t the Prince of Goofiness know that he must wear trouser blousing bands? How he would use them with a kilt is up to him, though!

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

I will always remember how I felt held by my clothes when wearing a military dress uniform under arms. We wore pistol belt with .45, suicide strap, lanyard, bloused jump boots, scarf, (yes Shra) WHITE HAT, white goves (at times) etc. I think Charles has even more holding going on in his uniform.

Once, I was all duded up on a Sunday morning, manning the post’s main gate. Our job was to salute officers and say “Airborne!” The assistant post commander (a brigadier general) was driving through. I saluted and said (as we sometimes did) “Air bubble, sir!” The vehicle stops, the General rolled down his window and said “Air bubble, cop!” True.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

69spinster, those are not swizzle sticks! Those are radar evading Lawn Darts! They are also good for on the spot killing.

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

Oh, I see, it was a military parade.
I thought he may have had a job interview for a position as a Wal-Mart greeter.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

That’s Lamar’s mom in the coral-colored dress, standing behind the Cool Leader Dude. She’s just checking out the back seams on her boy’s handiwork.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Too bad we didn’t get a rear view–imagine what he has on his back, maybe the Union Jack, and an iron-on photo of Will and Kate, and maybe a couple of coffee mugs with Camilla’s image on it.
How long do we think it took him to get dressed and put all those garnishes on?

Posted by slick9 | Report as abusive

Slick, I like to think these are like paper doll clothes, with no back at all apart from those white tabs to hold them on. I could be wrong.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

It would have been so kewl if leader dude started swiveling his hips and the black tassel thingys started going around in circles. Wait … isn’t that how Weiner got in trouble?

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Spin, I think those swizzle stick things are the weights one uses for making lace.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Good headline and straight line, BG!

I thought the sticks were used to dip honey out of a jar.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

CG, thats awfully close to teaching.. :P
Mr.Pilot, I know!!!!!! :(:(:( Such a shame.. I am gutted!
BG, you should do more to update your readers about the Cool Dude’s plans and whereabouts.. Get Lonnie on the job, if Lamar is too busy.. I know Lady wouldnt like it, if her Lamar is over-worked…

jclimaus, last I checked, it’s customary NOT to wear underwear underneath one’s kilt. Just saying…

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive