Sorting through Gaddafi’s knick-knacks…

June 30, 2011

Guys, listen up! We’ve captured some sort of depot and bunker that belonged to Gaddafi!

This is a great victory for us, but we need to sort through it. Lamar, you keep your squad here and make a list of everything you find.

Uh, sure, Boss, but there’s lots of strange stuff. What’s this gigantic tube thing here on the dirt?

That’s probably where he keeps his good carpets, all rolled up, Lamar. Just pry her open and have a look-see.

Well, okay. And look at all these big wooden shelves and cases. Any idea what that stuff is?

I suspect it’s Gaddafi’s famous knick-knack collection. You know, Hummel figurines, snow globes and what-not.You can probably just torch most of it.

Check, Boss. And that other stuff out in the front yard?

I’m guessing it’s lawn ornaments and stuff. If you’re not sure, that’s what power tools are for!

You got it, Boss. We’ll get started immediately.

Nah, take a little break first, Lamar. Give me, oh, a 30-minute head start before you begin. Life isn’t just about work, you know…

Top: A Libyan rebel fighter stands at an ordnance depot that belonged to Muammar Gaddafi’s troops but is now in rebel control, approximately 25 miles southeast of Zintan June 29, 2011.

Right: A Libyan rebel fighter sits near stockpiles of ordnance inside a Gaddafi ammunition bunker which is now controlled by rebels.

Left: Unexploded ordnance is seen at a Gaddafi ammunition dump.

REUTERS photos by Anis Mili

I am thinking of the fireworks we could see if those ordnance blew up in a space truck!

In the immortal words of Marvin the Martian (with his Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator), “There would be an earth-shattering KABOOM!”

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

Mr B, you are heartless. Just the other day you threw my Lamar to the lions; now you threaten to dispatch him via explosives. Other people you steer toward cushy tourism jobs in Italy. Could it be you’re a wee bit jealous of Lamar’s impending doctorate? Does the phrase “Dr. Lamar” threaten you?

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

So, in the top pic, is that a car bomb in the background?

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Gaddafi had that first one built to impress one of his girlfriends.

Why not use all that stuff to blow up asteroids coming towards earth?

In the meantime, we just need that bomb repair guy we saw last week to pound these beauties back into working order!

Posted by flamenquito | Report as abusive

Well the first one has to be where he kept his home-made beer. Right next to his camoflaged Volvo.
The second one has to be at the warehouse where he stored gifts for visiting dignitaries.
The last is probably just some stuff he bought at Jay Leno’s yard sale.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Heh. Unexploded practice bombs. Nice.

With a knick-knack, paddy-whack, give Gaddafi a bomb.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

You know, if they’re in a desert, why is there rust on those bombs?

I like the rebel in the second picture, just watching the ordnance.

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

They’re having a yard sale because of the new ordinance about ordnance.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

@ skeres: It’s a well known fact that watched bombs do not explode, similar to watched kettle never boiling.

Posted by GA_Chris | Report as abusive

At the risk of a zapping Skeres, oxygen, in past tense format.

“If you’re not sure, that’s what power tools are for!” is going on my shortlist for Quotation of the Year. Right up there with “If you can’t do your job drunk you shouldn’t have it”.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Thanks, Crow. That reminds me of a great line in an American TV sitcom a few years ago, when a character quoted his policeman father as saying, “The day I can’t do my job drunk, that’s the day I turn in my badge and gun…”

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I heard on news France is throwing arms to rebels, are you sure these are not exhibits of France’s latest technology? :P

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

No gnomes in my lawn,
I’m Colonel Ghaddafi –
I got bombs, baby!

My car in camo -
The ladies love flashy things,
So says BG’s blog!

The rebels hate me
and I know just why they do -
‘Cause they have no bling!

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Thank . Well the first one has to be where he kept his home-made beer. Right next to his camouflaged Volvo.

———————————————
hanoi transfer,hanoi to halong bay,vietnam car rental
Vietnam transfer

Posted by DaveSmith | Report as abusive

Never fear! In the top phote, we can see all that wooden trash. It is actually an Explosive Warhead Detonation Device, as sold on TV, by Acme!

Dismantled by a rebel with his very own Explosions R Us Hammer! Right now, as seen in Pic 1, he is ready to drain the rockets fuel tank with his very own Rocket Draining Ice Pick! Sold separately!

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

I forgot the disclaimers about ‘Results shown are not normal,’ for these nice tools.

Also, these handy dandy Rocket Disablers and Ice Chipping Tools are not available in NY, NJ, or FL.

Finally, eye and hand protection are neccesarry while using these Explosions R Us (a subsidiary of Acme)products.

Dr T Billy Bad As* Rastus

PS Don’t forget to use Oxyclean, for those after the Rocket Dismantling* usage, for those shiny sandy floors!

* A propietary name for the destruction of rockets.

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

[...] Sorting through Gaddafi’s knick-knacks… [...]

Unca, you should have said that your products are endorsed and supported fully by Wile E. Coyote, from the Road Runner series. It would boost sales.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive