Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

The easiest job on earth?

June 30, 2011

Blog Guy, I’ve just graduated from college, and I would like some of your famous career advice. Can you help me?

If it doesn’t take too long. What are you looking for?

I want the easiest job on earth. Let me make it clear. I want to live someplace wonderful, and have a job that takes no energy whatsoever. I want a job I couldn’t possibly screw up if I tried.

I’m sorry, you can’t have my job. However, I’ve searched the world and found something right up your lazy alley. How about being the Italian Tourism Minister?

You’re sure that’s easy enough?

Here’s the thing. Italy is probably the greatest place on earth outside the U.S. It’s beautiful, the people are charming, it has art, history, religion, fashion, culture, majestic views, beaches, and the food and wine are to die for.

And here is the very best part. It’s not one of those undiscovered gems. Tourists already know about it, it’s full all year long, and visitors practically have to take a number just to get in, so you don’t have to sell the place.

Hmmm that sounds easy enough, even for me.

There is one very small thing. The person who holds the job now is very easy on the eyes, and she has a tiger….

Yikes! Why does she need that?

Probably to discourage the tourist overflow, would be my guess.

Top and right: Italian Tourism Minister Michela Vittoria Brambilla poses with a tiger in this undated picture made available by Minister’s press office. Brambilla is making the rounds on Italian social networks this week for pictures of her playing with a full grown tiger.  The apparent home video has sparked some allegations that the touching pictures have been made available at a time when Brambilla needs to show a softer side of her nature, and that maybe the animal was doped. The minister denies such allegations. REUTERS/Handout

Lower right: taly’s Tourism Minister Michela Vittoria Brambilla attends a political meeting in downtown Milan May 12, 2011. REUTERS/Paolo Bona

More Stuff from Oddly Enough

Comments

Hehe… our dear neighbours the Italians. They might have tigers and red-head ministers, but we got the zombies here in Malta. They can’t beat that, even after Berlusconi’s (facial) cosmetic surgery.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

“Brambilla”, geez even the name has a ‘swing’ to it. :)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Tourism. Is that what they call it in Italy?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

You know, I just adoooooooooooore that tiger in the first pic.. what eyes!!!
And Ms.Brambilla seems to be a trendy dresser, and Lamar couldnt manage to get a shot of her shoes!!!!!

Ooooooooooooh, a red-haired Italian. That would make me purr, too!

And I can’t believe the implication that the tiger was medicated in any way. Wouldn’t you just want to curl up to Brambilla and cuddle?

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

Just filling in for Spin:

Fiery Italian
Minister shows her softer
side with a tiger?

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Good one, Jazz!
Wow, Michela sure has the Italian fashion model’s ability to strike a pose. Be still, my heart, I’ll need the energy to run away when she uses the tiger to fend me off.

That’s probably an even easier job than that of England’s Minister of Funny Walks.

By contrast, I’ve seen some tough jobs lately, such as China’s Human Rights Minister, Another Weiner’s Publicist, MySpace Sales Rep, Trump “hair” stylist, Newsweek writer.

Posted by flamenquito | Report as abusive

The tiger in the first pic looks like it’s being strangled and its eyes are bugging out…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Oh come on flamenquito, the toughest job ever is repairing RPGs though, how could you forget about that?

I heard the safety manual for this job says, “if you’re reading this, then you’re doing fine…so far.”

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/06/01/we-can-fix-up-this-grenade-good -as-new/

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

@Crow: Or the tiger is making faces to us and saying “look losers even I can get a hot chic” :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

fwd… the tiger might be trying to get a spot in the Goofy Face Museum!!

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

@Malteser: You might be right as tiger is however, the cute one here. :)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I still think that being a Mattress In Vivo Tester is the easiest job that there is. I got my Ph. D. in Sleeping after sleeping for 8 years through classes at USC and Northwestern U!

Dr Rastus

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

The first picture is goofy face material, that or a face of haughty clearly proving fwd’s thoughts on hot chics :D

Posted by antb | Report as abusive