William, what year is it here?

July 5, 2011

Blog Guy, I’ve been reading your stories about Britain’s Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, and their visit to Canada. With her incredible fashion sense, I’m guessing she must really be dazzling those Canadians.

Well, they don’t quite know what to make of her modern outfits, since your typical Canadian still dresses kind of turn-of-the-century.

You mean like they wear fashions from the year 2000?

No, the turn-of-the-century before that. Like in this photo above, where you can see William and Catherine walking among average Canadians festooned in their finery.

Holy crap! Are you kidding me? What is Canada, just a great big Seurat painting?

Now that you mention it, pretty much.

Have there been any gaffes or moments of levity on the trip?

Yes. Yesterday, after Prince William signed a guest book he put the pen away himself, instead of handing it to the Royal Pen Put-Away Guy who always travels with him. Catherine laughed out loud.

Yikes! Did William chastise her for that?

No, that’s what the Royal Wife Chastising Guy is for.

Top: Britain’s Prince William and Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, walk past a group of actors portraying the Fathers of Confederation outside of Province House in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, July 4, 2011. REUTERS/Paul Darrow

Right: “A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte” by Georges Seurat

Lower right: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, laughs as Prince William tries to place the pen into a holder after signing the guest book at Province House in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, July 4, 2011.  REUTERS/Paul Darrow

I saw Kate’s shoes! I saw Kate’s SHOES!!
If for nothing, the blog is improving my eyesight( or so I would like to think..)
Say, can I get a close up of that pen? It would be a crime if it has anything other than a rubber tip.

The more photos I see of the Princess, the more I think she is just too skinny. Has she replaced all those models you used to babble on about BG? I’d gladly trade her for those whatchamacallit girls at the Grand Prix. Or even some of those lovely Bavarian farm girls-not the ones with tobacco up their nose though.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Kate’s simply laughing that poor Will doesn’t know how to grab pen. And both are avoiding look at the peasants of Canada..ah so royal ;)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

@fwd079 – Peasants? Those aren’t peasants! The peasants here can’t afford fancy things like clothes.
Things are certainly behind the times here in far-eastern Canuckistan.
One day we hope to have that new-fangled indoor plumbing that everyone goes on about.
There was great excitement when Willie and Kate commenced riding about in one of them mooseless carriages – the like of which ain’t been seen around these parts for many a year.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

OK BG, just how does one find employment as a Royal Wife Chastising Guy? After all, the current one has to retire someday, and I want to make sure my CV is appropriate for the post.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

BTW, I heard this morning that the Royal Duo has vacated the idyllic (even bucolic) vistas of Canuckistan (thanks, Nosmo, that’s a good one) for the horrors of California. I’d say the honeymoon was over…

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

I thought FWD would be the first to volunteer for the job of Royal Wife Chastising Guy.

Also, lady in Mr Seurat’s picture has a bustle, and those Canuckistanian women are in what I believe are known as crinolines. Completely different style.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Do the Canadians have ‘Victorian Faires,’ the way we have ‘Medieval Faires?’

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

that last photo reminds of the scene from Blazing Saddles where Hedley Lamarr is trying to help Gov Le Petomane and tells the Gov to “think of your secretary”

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Soon the Canuckistan women will all want an up to the minute flapper dress like Kate’s! Crap, I left mine in MI… Had I snuck it across the border, someone would be stylin’ today!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@CrowGirl: “Royal Wife Chastising Guy”. I like the sound of that. lol

@Nosmo: I thought those were peasant clothes, I’ve never seen one you know… *snob snob* :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Hmm…third pic? Kate is probably having a dirty mind moment seeing William slipping that pen…in its holder.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

@Malteser: Please don’t say it like that. It makes everyone giggle … :P

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Haha mr. spam filter stopped half of my comment where I invented some dialog for Kate and a frustrated William…

Maybe I should have used “Billy” instead. :)

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Shra,
I hope RB will do a special post here one day, showing your shoe collection! :-)

Posted by flamenquito | Report as abusive

Flamen! Arent you the ultimate darling! Wouldnt that be simply splendid!