How much can one duchess take?

July 6, 2011

Blog Guy, you wrote about Prince William and Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, watching a bagpiper a few days ago during their visit to Canada.

From what I’ve seen, they are being subjected to a lot of that.

Very true, and nobody has studied the effects of prolonged bagpipe exposure on normal people. In this photo above, taken yesterday, it appears Catherine is starting to crack.

Remember, as a commoner, she hasn’t built up a bagpipe immunity like some of the royals have.

It seems like a very cruel punishment, I must say.

I guess it’s the price you pay to get free food and wear above-average jewelry.

It appears they do try to protect themselves when they can. Here you can see William and Catherine when they think no one is watching, covering their ears and making noises to drown out the bagpipes, but it may not be enough to…

Wait a minute, Blog Guy. According to the captions, they’re covering their ears from the engine blast of a helicopter. It’s got nothing to do with bagpipes.

Don’t be so naive. Don’t you understand the pro-bagpipe lobby puts their own spin on all of our photo captions before we run them? Sorry, I’ve said too much already.

Above: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, reacts after Prince William took a shot with a hockey stick and missed during a visit to the Somba K’e Civic Plaza in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories July 5, 2011. REUTERS/Phil Noble

Right: Britain’s Prince William and his wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge follow a bagpiper as they arrive at  the Somba K’e Civic Plaza in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories July 5, 2011. REUTERS/Phil Noble

Left: Britain’s Prince William and Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, cover up their ears from the engine blast created by a Canadian Cormorant helicopter after landing in Summerside, Prince Edward Island, July 4, 2011. REUTERS/Paul Darrow

Shra – you’ll love these pictures, won’t you?

Fwd – you there? breathe in, relax…and DON’T be imaginative. Seriously, don’t.

A

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

So finally the truth is revealed – Kate is a zombie. Although, hungry as she looks in the picture, she won’t find too many brains around hockey players.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Malteser: Open mouth and don’t be imaginative, you must be kidding. :D

*breathes the longest breath in his life*

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo Caaaaanada!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

She does seem to have a Van gogh “The Scream” look about her. Not a good look on many.

Posted by hmcfabulous | Report as abusive

That look will give Kate something to Munch about, fabulous!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

That has to be the most awful picture of her. Ever. Please take Lamar’s camera away from him now.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

I heard that Prince and Princess had their mouths open and poised for the “Catch the Hockey Puck” contest. But this came from someone who also had their ears plugged due to the pipes’ sonic boom, so I’m not sure it’s accurate.

Indeed, Edvard Munch does seem to have had an influence on these poses!

Posted by flamenquito | Report as abusive

Jeez flamenquito, I was wondering if anybody would fall into hmcfabulous’ clever trap and point out the The Scream was Munch, not Van Gogh, thus giving us actual information. Congratulations.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I strive not to be informative. [Shakes head] But thanks, and I’ll do better next time!

Maybe I’ll have a nice glass of screech first, that powerful drink from our Newfoundland friends. I would like to get some time with Kate after she’s had a bottle of that. Her standards and morals would sink enough after that.

Posted by flamenquito | Report as abusive

Uh-oh, someone better be ducking the zapper. Point of order, BG, I believe @Doc was the first “Muncher”. Just sayin’….

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Doc was indeed the first to mention Munch, but unless you already understood the connection, no information was passed along. Of course, Shra may see it differently…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I’ll not be happy until I see a picture of the Prince in a kilt. Or some sort of bare-legged getup. I’m not picky.

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Shra’s a sharp gal. I’m sure she realizes that what’s already known cannot be taught.

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

I am gonna let the zap go this time, coz I am a tad bit confused..
Wouldnt wanna zap the wrong person, you see…

Malt, affirmative! And guess what, I have shoes very similar to the ones shown in the 3rd pic… :D