A loco motive for doing this?

July 14, 2011

Hey Doctor, it’s me! Earl! I’m calling from out here on the railway line where you sent me. Are you positive this will make me better?

Yes Earl, we’re on the right track.

You say the electrical energy from the rails will cure me, but how do I get it from the train into me?

Ever hear of a conductor, Earl?

Should I have an anesthetic?

Yeah, I’d suggest a local.

Should I lie on my stomach?

No, you should be on your caboose.

I thought I’d be alone out here, Doc, but it’s like Grand Central Station!

I’m sorry if it’s crowded. I believe Dr. Whiplash uses the same tracks for his patients.

Say Doc, what if I’m still sick after the train goes by?

Earl, that’s what those green pills are for. Just take those.

Ah, right. Here they are. You’re sure diesel help?

Railway track medicine slideshow

Top and right: Residents lie on railway tracks in Rawa Buaya in Indonesia’s West Java province July 13, 2011. The residents believe that the electrical energy from the tracks will cure them of various illnesses. REUTERS/Enny Nuraheni

Left: Snidely Whiplash

When the sleeper awakes, I wonder how steamed they will be when a cure has not been engineered. Maybe they should have all stayed in bed.

Nikola Tesla would be so proud right now!
A quote from the great man – “The last 29 days of the month are the hardest”.
Ain’t it the truth.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Oh now, arent they just being silly!!
Someone should preach to them about the wonderful effects of medi-doughnuts and daily pilgrimages to the OE blog!
Cure various illnesses! Join the OE blog!

And I thought they were “train”ing for that weird British game of planking! But I agree with @Shra, doughnuts, especially of the medicated variety, are far more effective for me than sleeping on the wrong side of the tracks.

I had almost completely erased the memory of Dudley Do-Right from my memory! Thanks for bringing him back BG!!!

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

Exactly why this blog is the place to come for current events….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Lamar, I asked for a personal TRAINER!

I notice the people have their hands on the tracks, proving they know about the right-hand rule.

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

Just amazing…

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

@Skeres – let me guess, this guy who is currently a trainer, his name is Eddy, right?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I don’t see why they’re looking nervously for trains, it’s not like one would be able to stop in time, even assuming the driver could see them. He’d have to refer to the two different sections of his instruction book for driving past identifiable and unidentifiable body parts…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

dr: Nell, you look a bit down.
Nell: Actually I’m tied up and feeling down.
dr: snidley he sez, that is just what I said!
Nell: Ok, but can you help a girl out?
dr: with what?!
Nell: I have a problem with a rash on my tuka$$(mean evil filter spelling)
dr: when did this start?
Nell: well. there’s this guy and a he’s a snappy dresser and kind of a DUD he is doing right but his love is this horse of his.
dr: I dont see a problem here lets just wait for the train and see if that rash of yours clears up. I hear that latest treatment is the lectricity that runs through the track cures all sorts of things. My assistant Lamar has photographic evidence as brought to you by a great highly vetted source.
Nell: Oh you mean the OE BLOG i know it well, you need to join up for the latest news.

dr:

Posted by Wheelz2 | Report as abusive

It was a whip lash
Sent me for health on the rails
Mountie and horse tails.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Ooooooeeee!
Glass of wine, good tunes in the background and the OE Blog! The folks on the rails should try this combo instead.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

does this crosstie make my butt look big?

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

I like skeres’ train of thought above – the right hand rule comment was great, hats off!

Also liked BG’s veiled reference to electricity in his “current events” reply.

I know my eulogies might sound like I’m going slightly off-track with my comment, but I wanted to express my enjoyment.

Such comments confirm that this IS the place to be for good fun, goofy faces, and a great community of commenters. In other words, this place is electrifying.

Now, make some space for me on that rail,… my tongue and cheeks are hurting.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Spin, re: AC/DC comment, when the train DOES arrive, they’ll all find themselves on the Highway to Hell, if you know what I mean! ;)

As regards your other comment, I’m glad you got the Grease reference!

And now, haiku: