So what’s the worst that could happen?

July 17, 2011

Sarge, if it’s okay with you, I’m gonna take a little cigarette break.

Okay Lonnie, there’s not much goin’ on here right now. Say, are you just gonna stand that rocket-propelled grenade up on end like that?

Yeah Sarge, that’s how I like to do it. You know, stand it up so in case it goes off by accident there’s still a chance of bringing down a plane.

I see. Hey Lon, if that’s the case, can you move over another 200 yards to our special Standing RPG Cigarette Break section?

Over here, Sarge?

Little farther, Lon! Okay, that’s good. You know, if it topples over, it could  take out that filling station over yonder. Or maybe it could fall in your own direction…

I guess that’s true, Sarge. You’re damned if ya do, and damned if ya don’t… Say, you think I should give up smokin’?

I wouldn’t over-think that if I were you, Lonnie…

A rebel fighter sits at a checkpoint as rebels fight in Al-Qawalish in the western mountains of Libya July 13, 2011. REUTERS/Ammar Awad

nothing like being alone with your thoughts on a Sunday morning. With a smoke…and a grenade launcher

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

I’m disappointed, Georgia. I thought you were trying to give up grenade launching. At least in heavily populated areas.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

if there ain’t nuthin’ to hit, where’s the fun???

actually, BG…the manufacturer LIED to me. I never knew anti-tank weaponry would be so addictive. Is there a patch that can supply that adrenaline rush?

I saw a guy with this on the back of his t-shirt yesterday: Helping to reduce excess population one innocent bystander at a time…rogue style.

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

You guys never knew that RPGs can double as a floor lamp? Just be careful when you plug it in – the upstairs neighbor may not like you very much…

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

And I bet Lonnie is just gonna flick the cigarette butt right onto the ground when he is done with it. Such lack of consideration for the surrounding environment!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

RPGs as floor lamps, exploding into the interior (and exterior) schools of decorating.

Bet that would really clean my oven! It’s ok that my oven is gas, right?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Propel yourself to the OE Blog Network!

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

GeorgiaPeach, the answer is yes. It’s called The Explody Patch, by Acme.

Onedoor, it even cleans out litter boxes!

And as an aside, it could be far worse. What if Lonnie is smoking (gasp) some marijuana! That would be really bad!

Posted by uncarastus | Report as abusive

Mr B, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU for sending Lonnie on this assignment, not my Lamar. I have nothing against Lonnie, of course, but my sense is he’s sort of unfocused, footloose, dim-witted, and well, no one will miss him. Lamar, however, would be missed not only by me, his betrothed, but by his tiny, toothless mother, and by countless fans.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Lady, you made my day…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Mr B, this morning the pastor said we should rejoice in the day the Lord hath made. Now you tell me in your post that I made your day. Cool. Rejoice. (What a trip!)

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Dave_not_dave, Onedoor, good point about the RPG lamps, but they’re not as popular as the AK-47 lamps among the rebels.

http://www.kandibomb.com/wp-content/uplo ads/2010/04/l_F2951000.jpg

Last I heard, they prefer to use RPGs as alarm clocks there.

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/02/10/a-most-alarming-little-gadget/

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Aim high. Join the Oddly Enough blog network.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Bang bang, I shoot ‘em down
Bang bang, they hit the ground
Bang bang, that lovely sound
Bang bang, I shot somebody down.

“Take a shot! Join the OEBN.”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Save Lamar! Join the OEBN!