If Lego made shoes for women…

July 26, 2011

Lamar, you said you had a hot new fashion design to show me. I’m skeptical after that nutty lingerie thing a few days ago, but I’m listening.

Here it is, boss, behold the future!

This is just a pile of crap, Lamar. Plastic lumps and rubber bands and stuff.

To the untrained eye, sure. But it’s actually a flexible modular shoe design which allows a woman to make 256 different footwear combinations!

Two hundred and fifty-six combinations, all of them hideous?

It does take some getting used to, but look. We can do stilettos, sandals, flats, pumps, fuzzy slippers, thigh boots, golf shoes, snowshoes…

This looks very, very complicated, Lamar.

Not to worry, Boss. The parts come with a 60-page instruction booklet and a three-hour DVD….

I don’t know, Lamar. What if a rubber band suddenly breaks?

Yeah, it’s possible to lose an eye when these heels go flying, but the shoes do come with safety goggles.

Cripes, Lamar. I think if I bought these I’d just give up and go barefoot!

Brilliant, Boss! That takes us up to 257 combinations!

Sharon Golan, a graduate design student from the Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design, poses with her design, a pair of modular shoes, at an exhibition in Jerusalem July 21, 2011. Golan’s shoes are made up of four separate plastic pieces which are held together on the foot with silicone rubber bands. The design allows the wearer to change looks by replacing any one component of the shoe offering a total of 256 different footwear combinations. REUTERS/Ronen Zvulun

And to think, mismatched socks were all the rage a few years ago. Think of the possibilities!

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

She got an F right?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

When it comes to style
Beauty is in the eye of
the beholder, right?

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

That top photo–the bottom of the right shoe seems to be a brain with the stem still attached.

Posted by slick9 | Report as abusive

Every workday I take a “constitutional” walk at lunch. Today, after reading this item, which I found a real feghoot, I paid particular attention to women’s shoes. My daily lunchtime “consitutional” involves going out the front entrance and turning right. I never turn left. Never! Not once in 11 years in this building have I turned left during my lunch time walk. So, I walk down three blocks and turn right. After one block I turn right. Then I walk back to my office building and turn right. I go past the building and turn right into the front entrance. I then turn right into the elevator. I never turn left, because I love my constituional rights.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Oh my word…. oh my word!
Yes, the word is
Shoooooooooooooooooooooooooooes?

I ince made myself some shoes, for an emergency posh evening do, and even though they consisted of the bottom foot of Knit_Nurse’s bed mat (She’s short, she doesn’t need it) black string, and beads, they were still about 50 times more attractive than these. And they survived a night of dancing.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

You keep sayin’ you’ve got somethin’ for me.
Somethin’ you call shoes but confess
You’ve been shoppin’ where Mr. Potato Head does his shoppin’
and now you want to give me what’s left.

There’s no way rubber bands & plastic can make a stylish shoe
But I’m sure I can make something that’ll walk right out on you.

You keep justifyin’ when you oughta be apologizin’
and you keep losin’ when you oughta not bet.
You keep samin’ when you oughta be changin’.
What’s right is right, but you ain’t been right yet.

This plastic crap ain’t made for walkin’
But I’ll make a bet with you
I’m sure I can make something you’ll be sorry that I threw!

You keep talkin’ but maybe you should turn away
and you keep thinkin’ that you’ll get one more chance.
Ha!
Silicon bands & plasitc make a nice trebuchet.
Now let’s see how fast you can prance.

This stuff made a decent weapon & I’m ready to put it to use
I’ll give you to the count of…1…2…3…VAMOOSE!

Are you ready, boy? Start runnin’!

:D hey, check it! That’s 258 uses :D

Get it together…join the OE Blog Network!

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

The young lady’s dress is much nicer than the shoes.

Oh, I sure wish I had a pair of those shoes! Think of the fun it would be to launch those goofy parts into someone else’s cube with the rubber band. Nothing like a brain showing up in your inbox. I know I could use one!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@spin: Oooh, Mr. Potato Head shoes! Or in this case, Mrs. Potato Head shoes. Where are those charming eyes and her little hat?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Absolutely INSPIRED, GeorgiaPeach. I humbly doff my shoes to you.

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

Absolutely INSPIRED, GeorgiaPeach. I humbly doff my shoes to you.

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

…of course, here in NC, we doff shoes at the drop of a hat.

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

Right, Georgia gets her fair share of the section with Spin and JC…
As much as I love shoes, I cant bring myself to fancy these..
You really are not pleasing me, BG..

LOL @ Onedoor vaulting pieces over the cubicle walls

thanks, Moon! I’m with you, I love shoes…but they get kicked off under my desk, in the car, and as soon as I get home.

BG – I agree with Shra. This does NOT constitute pandering to your female readers. Between this and Mr. Flab Abs selling dresses (allegedly) http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/07/24/store-wide-sale-everything-must -go/ grrrrr

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Such shoes are ideal for protests in Hungary. Think of the ammunition you’d get! You could throw each module separately!

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 08/09/22/youre-sure-were-supposed-to-thr ow-these/

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

So, now you don’t have to hit someone with your stillettos, or throw them…you can swing them as a flail or launch them like a swingshot.
Let’s hear it for improvements in women’s self-defense!

==RED

Posted by REDruin | Report as abusive

[...] Guy, I mainly come here for your coverage of really bad fashion. You do show us ALL the worst creations, [...]