Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

WARNING: Contents may be too cute for some viewers

August 1, 2011

Blog Guy, I guess this is a tough time for you. I mean, it’s summer and people are doing other things, so your blog traffic must have dropped.

Yeah, it always plummets during the summer months.

Is there anything you can do to attract readers? You know, any little tricks?

Well, normally when it gets really bad I pay a chimpanzee to feed milk to a tiger cub. Then I get photos that are adorable beyond comprehension, and run them in my blog.

No way! Doesn’t that violate some kind of Blogger Code of Ethics or something?

Only if the blogging authorities catch me doing it. You won’t tell anybody, will you?

Nah, but you’re the one who has to live with yourself after this.

Two-year-old chimpanzee “Do Do” feeds milk to “Aorn”, a 60-day-old tiger cub, at Samut Prakan Crocodile Farm and Zoo in Samut Prakan province on the outskirts of Bangkok July 30, 2011. The crocodile farm, used as a tourist attraction, houses some 80,000 crocodiles and is the largest in Thailand. REUTERS/Sukree Sukplang

Comments

Wait, this is happening at a crocodile farm?

What are a chimpanzee and a tiger doing at a crocodile farm? Seems rather fishy to me. And, why are there fish there?

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

Ok, first of all, that chimpanzee has unbelievable eyelids..
Second, would have really liked the last pic, had I not spotted the tiger cubs in the cages…

Are they testing Revlon products on that chimp? Is that a 1970′s shade of blue eyeshadow he’s wearing?

Posted by SamH | Report as abusive

Cute picture, whatever. ;-) I was up in Oshkosh WI last week for the big airshow and stopped in at Basler Aviation. I was surprised they’ve never heard of the OE blog there! I told them my name was Shra and that they should check it out. They did say that development work has stopped on the BT-69. Too bad, it sounded like a decent airplane. ;-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Is even one word of that true, Cam?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Nice one, 69S! She does wear the same color eye shadow.

BG … There was a Badger alumni booth there. I told them my name was Robert Basler and to put me on their mailing list. You can thank me later. :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

I like that the chimp is more efficient at feeding small critters than the zoo keepers ever have been when you’ve featured them. :)

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Aaaah. The photos made my heart smile.

Nice old block-like table for the twosome to sit on. When they are done, they get down. Then you could say he’s a chimp off the old block.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@Spin, you said “Do Do”. Tee hee hee! :D

@CAM, if you really went to Oshkosh without me so help me I am gonna….I am gonna…. by golly I am gonna start dating your sister! Wuddya think of dem apples?

What’s really cute about the third pic is that little tiger is practicing to be the rug it will someday become. That’s right little tiger, strive for excellence!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Cam, you didnt!!! But then again, did u threaten them with a zap if they didnt tell you the truth?
Did ya? Did ya?!

@ifly … Yes, I did. Sorry. Pics to come. My Sis is dating the G*eco caveman but, give her a call. You never know.

@Shra … the Basler Aviation folks were very nice. I didn’t have the heart to zap them. :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Were they? Hmm..maybe you are just saying that coz they let you see the planes.. they wouldnt have been able to impress me that easily…

@Cam – are you implying your sis easy? So easy a caveman could…

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

@Spin, oh gosh sorry..yeah see, seems I forgot to wind my watch. :p

@CAM, oh yeah? Oh yeeeeaaahh? Well…then I am going to drop my caveman insurnace coverage and go with the leading competitor! How about that? You are feeling quitly now aren’t ya? Yeah you are! lol

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Thanks, Spin. I think crocodiles worked, too. It’s one of those pronunciation things, like poem vs. pome…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Only 104 days till V-E day!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive