I’ll have the Satan Sandwich, sugar-coated!

August 3, 2011

Blog Guy, I know you keep up with food trends, and I saw mention of a mouth-watering treat while reading all the stories about the debt crisis…

I’ll bet you’re talking about the chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, who called the debt deal a “sugar-coated Satan sandwich.”

That’s it! Can we make that at home?

I believe it calls for deviled ham, cooked over a bottomless pit of eternal hell-fire, so it’s difficult.

Damnation!

You could always order the Williams-Sonoma Brimstone Broiler, $666.95. The sugar-coater is extra.

That’s more like it. What’s the Satan Sandwich served with?

Potato styx and sinfully rich devil’s food cake.

So what did you think of the debt compromise, Blog Guy?

My blog got a huge funding increase, taken evenly from Medicare, Social Security and the defense budget, so I’m pretty happy with it.

Really? I thought everybody was supposed to feel some pain. I wasn’t even aware that taxpayers support this blog.

Who the hell else would pay for it? Is Washington a great town, or what?

Top: Actors dressed as devils perform during the “gathering of the devils” ahead of Saint Nicholas Day in Podkoren December 1, 2010. REUTERS/Bor Slana

Right: Waitress Jeanine White carries food to customers at Tony’s I-75 Restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan, October 15, 2006. REUTERS/Molly Riley

Left: Incoming House Speaker John Boehner becomes emotional and cries as outgoing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi introduces him to take over the gavel and the podium after Boehner was elected speaker on the opening day of the 112th United States Congress on Capitol Hill in Washington, January 5, 2011. REUTERS/Jim Young

Jeez, that actor has either one hell of a mask, or a really big mouth…
Either ways, very cool costume for Halloween!

So Jolly Old Saint Nicholas leaves his early-December gig in Podkoren, bulks up on Sugar-Coated Satan Sandwiches and heads to the North Pole just in time to get in his Santa Suit, harness Rudolph and the gang and head out to deliver presents to all the good little girls and boys. I always wondered what he did in the off season….

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

Does the Satan Sandwich come in a hand basket?

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

You realize I’ve eaten at Tony’s Restaraunt in Birch Run? (It’s a half hour from where I grew up)
And those are some really good steak sandwiches!
Amazing where you get some photos from, BG!

==RED

Posted by REDruin | Report as abusive

Given that the sandwiches are Satanic, those must be stakes plunged into the steaks. For heaven’s sakes!

Posted by flamenquito | Report as abusive

Blog Guy, if your blog just got a funding increase, can we look forward to more fantasy photos?

Thanks for asking, poor, sweet, misguided Spin. No, it does not. “Funding increase” means I’ll be driving a nicer car, taking a better vacation, maybe buying the Mrs. a nice anniversary present.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@REDruin: Hey, there was more than one Tony’s for us trolls! I was back in MI in June, no Tony’s; but a wonderful perch dinner. Sigh

@spin and BG: yeah, the pricing made me chuckle, too!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Hey Nosmo, isn’t that your boss? Did you ever hit him up for an OE sponsorship so we can take a road/boat/airplane trip to Krasnoyarsk? Seems like a nice enough guy, don’t see why he wouldn’t.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@Spin with the comment of the day: “Look, this is Hell. All we have is lukewarm decaf in a plastic cup.”

Yep, that’s hell.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

@jclimacus Brilliant, although I doubt if those apologies are all that sincere.

@Dave and Spin not to quibble, but I’m pretty sure the coffee in Hell is going to have that crappy hazelnut flavoring.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I am not really a coffee person.. so, if they dont have any tea, its definitely hell for me!

Thanks for playing our game show, jclimacus! Shra, show him what he’s won for correctly sourcing that quote…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Kinda along the lines I’ve espoused to the Juvenile Delinquents through the years….I’ve always been troubled by the THC and Meth mix….Go one way or the other please! Seems to me if you’re doing both, you’d be better served to do none and stay where you are….Not sure why this whole charade brought me to this analogy???!!! On second thought, yeah I am.

Posted by onequartlow | Report as abusive

I bet this sandwich was Dante’s breakfast for a long time. Must have inspired him.

I wonder how his Google+ circles would be.
http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/07/15/rewriting-jane-an-austen-tatiou s-move/

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive