So it’s like doing them a favor, huh?

August 8, 2011

Blog Guy, I like it when you find interesting traditions practiced by other cultures, like for instance that “love market” that you wrote about last year.

Well, I see here in the Singapore Straits Times that the Chinese have entered the seventh month of the Lunar calendar, known as the Hungry Ghost month…

You’re losing me here, Blog Guy. I didn’t say I was OBSESSED with other cultures. Will I care about this?

Let’s see.  The story says the Yi people in Ejia town of Yunnan province, those who are still single, head to the streets for a festival…

That’s all you’ve got, Blog Guy? Some festival?

Yes, the Breast-Touching Festival. For three days, the men are welcome to touch the women’s….

I’m awake now, Blog Guy. Please continue.

Legend says, blah blah blah blah blah blah, to protect themselves from dead soldier ghosts looking to take “pure and untouched” ladies with them to the afterworld, single women began asking men to touch them, and the custom has continued.

So I’d actually be doing them a FAVOR, huh? Like a humanitarian thing! Are there any direct flights from Schenectady to Yunnan?

Left: Actor Paul Rudd grabs the breast of actress Eva Mendes as they present an award at the 2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards in Santa Monica, California February 26, 2011. REUTERS/Rick Wilking

Right: French yachtswoman Maud Fontenoy poses with France’s president Nicolas Sarkozy after she was awarded Chevalier of the French order of Merit during a ceremony at the Elysee Palace in Paris, July 12, 2007. REUTERS/Jean-Paul Pelissier

Don’t be a boob…join the OE Blog Network!

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Thanks, Georgia. I knew I could trust my readers not to drag this one down….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I know just too well, that the guys on the OE blog would be scrambling to get on that flight..
Make it a BT-69 would ya?

So if a desert thunderstorm touches down in Ejia during this festival, would that mean haboob ha’boob? Aye, yi! Thanks Blog Guy for keeping us abreast of such important matters.

Posted by FriscoJohn | Report as abusive

That’s the breast news I’ve had all day!

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

FriscoJohn, I see you have debuted with a haiku, so welcome to the OE blog!
Let me introduce myself.. I am Shra, the Taser-Weilder.
And by pasting that wikipedia link, you just broke the only 2 rules of OE, of which I am the Guardian..

I hope with this zap, you shall forever remember them..
“No teaching, no learning”..

Zappppp!!!

Shra, you’ve killed an innocent man. I added that link to Frisco’s comment.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Shra,
Any chance for reincarnation?

Posted by FriscoJohn | Report as abusive

Of course, Frisco. Shra probably only grazed you anyhow. She’s usually over-medicated and she hits the wrong person most of the time.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Thanks for the reassurance, Blog Guy. If mammary serves, she can be quite a t’ase. However, I will try to be more careful in the future.

Posted by FriscoJohn | Report as abusive

And in a related story … sales of wonderbra have doubled in the town of Ejia. ;-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

what’s with the boob obsession, BG? Boobs camping out on furniture in the street http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/08/07/decorating-with-a-brain-and-a-c rane/ boobs giving vodka to bears http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/08/05/whos-more-fun-than-drunk-people  / boobs debunking beloved dog history http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/08/05/youre-a-mean-one-mister-grinch/ Picasso paintings http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/08/04/its-only-art-whats-the-worst-th at-can-happen/ and the federal gov’t…heck, that’s boob central http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 11/08/06/sometimes-the-blog-just-writes- itself/

I guess we can think of your blog as a wonderful support system. Kinda like underwire for the droopy…er, I mean saggging…ummm, make that fallen…uh, how about indisposed? Yes, you are like a Wonderbra for the down trodden! Do you keep a stash of Mardi Gras beads?

Looking for a boost? Join the OE Blog Network!

or maybe

Get perky! Join the OE Blog Network!

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

I like to give melons a good squeeze. In the gorcery store. To see if they are ripe. Of course.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

BG, you wicked wicked man! Now why would you do something like that?
Frisco, my most sincere apologies! If it stings, blame it on the love for OE blog!
BG, you need a good talking-to, young man!

And henceforth, he will be known as… Oh, never mind, I know that wouldn’t make it through the spam filter.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

…and my particular all-time favorite, featuring Charming Prince Charles:
http://www.hollywoodgrind.com/catherine- zeta-jones-awarded-cbe-by-prince-charles  /

Posted by Moonshine | Report as abusive

Could it be that jonny “electric” frisco rises from the dead? get sparkin join the oe blog network. Maybe disco aint dead it just needs shra to put a spark into it.

Posted by Wheelz2 | Report as abusive

Mister Bob Basler,
Is his name missing an O?
Damn you Spam Filter!

So – I hope THIS one makes it trough! ;)

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

So BG, you found it opportune to Spamfilter-ise my earlier comment and then you don’t correct my “through” typo above?

Now I’ll booby-trap this coment on purrpis.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive