Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Hey! You want a piece of Joe?

August 23, 2011

Blog Guy, it’s been a while since you wrote about those Government Death Panels that Sarah Palin warned us about. I suppose you’ve been frightened off the story, like the rest of the media?

No way. I’ve just been undercover, learning about the organizational structure of the panels.

Structure? The Death Panels need their own bureaucracy?

Sure, this is Washington, DC, right? Death Panels are considered an entitlement program, although most of the recipients would rather not be entitled.

So who’s in charge of them, then?

It goes all the way up to Vice President Joe Biden. He’s in Mongolia this week, learning to kill silently. I’ve seen the photos.

OMG! I’m moving my family into hiding right now!  Nobody is safe! What are YOU going to do, Blog Guy?

Me? After seeing these pictures I’ll probably get my first good night’s sleep in months. If I can just stop laughing.

Top: Vice President Joe Biden reacts with a wrestler before a Mongolian wrestling performance during his meeting with Mongolian Prime Minister Sukhbaatar Batbold (not seen) in Ulan Bator August 22, 2011.

Left and bottom left: Biden tries archery during his meeting with Mongolian Prime Minister Sukhbaatar Batbold in Ulan Bator August 22, 2011.

REUTERS/Zeev Rozenberg

Comments

Poor old Joe. He finally got tired of having to pay for Barrack O’bamas snacks, and for his trouble he got sent on a ‘fact finding’ mission to Mongolia.

In the last photo, I think Joe spotted Sarah Palin out on her porch in Alaska.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where
yep, sounds like a government program to me.

more ‘professional athletes’ for the gals, BG? Thanks.

Looking for a place to land? Join the OE Blog Network!

Posted by GeorgiaPeach | Report as abusive

Are Mongolians Unicorns?

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

hmmm. I wonder if Joe had some Mongolian barbeque.

Posted by FriscoJohn | Report as abusive

It looks like Joe is in Outer Mongolia… I wonder who would win between a Mongolian wrestler and a Sumo wrestler.

“Get a grip. Join the OE Blog Network.”

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

The outfits may not be up to much, but awesome thighs on the Mongolian fellas. :)

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

@Crow: I agree, nice legs on the guys. The short handled plunger hats don’t do much for me, though.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Dear Hanes,
I was a loyal customer. No longer though since your decision to ditch Michael Jordan and go with Mongolian wrestlers to advertise your spivvies has rendered me blind. I shall now be sporting BVDs instead.
Highly Dissapointed
Mr. Pilot

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I think my eyebrows went up on their “tops”.. very revealing I would say…
Nosmo, your comment got me chuckling..

They should have made Biden wear the same stuff as the wrestlers. That would have made it to the Goofy Museum for sure.

Posted by Malteser | Report as abusive

Aw, @Malteser, Vice President Biden doesn’t need wrestling gear to make it into the Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut shop. Look at the face he’s making when he “reacts with a wrestler.” Blow a photo of that mug up, and voila — museum material.

Posted by 69Spinster | Report as abusive